**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Private events I understand but how does one find out about special events. Or are those private also?
I guess they're all private events, but the dessert parties, Club Villain, stuff like that, I would categorize as special events. A group, corporation, etc that books an event closed to the public would be a private event.

I guess they're all private events, but the dessert parties, Club Villain, stuff like that, I would categorize as special events. A group, corporation, etc that books an event closed to the public would be a private event.
Right, what I mean is you mention special events in the Sunset Showcase, including a mini version of CV that was still being held. Are those events being held in Sunset Showcase private events that a group or corporation has to schedule or are they private events like dessert parties that anyone can book, if you know where to find them?

Right, what I mean is you mention special events in the Sunset Showcase, including a mini version of CV that was still being held. Are those events being held in Sunset Showcase private events that a group or corporation has to schedule or are they private events like dessert parties that anyone can book, if you know where to find them?
That would be a private event. You'd have to be a part of the group in order to attend. Doing one tonight.

That would be a private event. You'd have to be a part of the group in order to attend. Doing one tonight.
Ok, that's what I was thinking. Making sure I wasn't missing out on something. Disappointing to learn CV is no more for the general public. We went to a few and sure enjoyed it

Disappointing to learn CV is no more for the general public. We went to a few and sure enjoyed it

Still wishing and hoping for a CV announcement. Faint hope perhaps, have also been twice and loved it. Sadly just a lowly member of the general public.

That would be nice, but the Sunset Showcase is being used quite a bit for private and special events. In fact there is one tomorrow night.

Also, what very few people are aware of is that there is a modified and abbreviated version of Club Villains offered as a special event. It takes place from time to time. That's why the sets and decor were not removed even though CV ended it's run for day guests.

Still wishing and hoping for a CV announcement. Faint hope perhaps, have also been twice and loved it. Sadly just a lowly member of the general public.
Fastpasser had posted the above, in relation to one of the guesses about the Dessert Party 2018 addition being a move to Sunset Showcase
So I guess CV is done for sure :(

So I guess CV is done for sure :(
:offtopic:Hoping Yulilin3 doesn't mind, but I hate loose ends. So just to wrap things up on this thread regarding CV.

Not so fast on it's demise, nothing official yet. Rumors abound about it's future, but to back track for a second, although reviews were great from those who attended, attendance was not always what it needed to be. I can recall some nights when it was 1/3 sold out for both events. Because of the layout, it was difficult to tell. And what the posts on the forums didn't discuss was that there were a few legit criticisms.

The three I heard most often after the shows were the high price, the fact that you needed DHS admission and that it wasn't an adults only event. What's bothersome is if it's going to happen, why no casting calls for CV performers at this late date. But until it's official, it's not dead. The rumor I like the most is that it will reappear at one of the WDW convention centers. As much as people liked going, it was a blast to work CV as well, so hang in there, I am.

Oh, back to regularly schedule SW discussions.

Last edited:
Back on topic :chat:. So looking forward to receiving the Tie Fighters in August when we next attend the party. As I tell everyone, this is the best dessert party party:on site and hopefully will get even better with the "small changes" forecast.

So to make sure I have it right, they no longer have Chewie Steins, they are giving out Tie Fighter Popcorn Buckets (for now)?

Correct, some assembly required.
Good. Means I can unassemble to get home, hopefully. We have our fill of Chewie Steins, even shared them with everyone we know that would want one. I like the idea of refillable popcorn buckets but they are just too impractical as getting a refill means you have to bring it back and forth to the park and we travel light. So we don't bother with them. Even when we get them free, like when we got a Lotus Bucket over at Tiffins, we never refilled it. But we do save them.

Good. Means I can unassemble to get home, hopefully. We have our fill of Chewie Steins, even shared them with everyone we know that would want one. I like the idea of refillable popcorn buckets but they are just too impractical as getting a refill means you have to bring it back and forth to the park and we travel light. So we don't bother with them. Even when we get them free, like when we got a Lotus Bucket over at Tiffins, we never refilled it. But we do save them.

I thought the specialty popcorn buckets like the Lotus & Tie Fighter are not refillable for a $1.50 only the cup style buckets are?

I thought the specialty popcorn buckets like the Lotus & Tie Fighter are not refillable for a $1.50 only the cup style buckets are?
I've read that they will refill any of them. It's the initial cost that's the difference. But we just had the regular one in June so I can't speak from experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter