**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Wouldn't it be lovely if they EXPANDED SWW this year, for one last hurrah?! Or do you prefer that they only last 5-ish weekends?

Wouldn't it be lovely if they EXPANDED SWW this year, for one last hurrah?! Or do you prefer that they only last 5-ish weekends?

I think 5 weekends is enough personally. Of course, I only go for one weekend. If I lived nearby, I might think differently. That being said, if they expand it too much, wouldn't it just become SotF? :earboy2:

I guess, eventually (5 years from now?), Hollywood Studios (or whatever they change its name to) will become SWW every day. I can't wait!

I see it as if Universal Orlando would have had Harry Potter weekends, let's say they had the actors panels and meet and greets and HP characters and a parade and fireworks, then they made both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, would that have made it HP weekends every day? in my opinion, no.
Same with DHS, SWW has a parade, actors panels and autograph sessions, characters meet and greet and fireworks, would having a land with 2 new attractions and food offerings make it SWW everyday, no.

I see it as if Universal Orlando would have had Harry Potter weekends, let's say they had the actors panels and meet and greets and HP characters and a parade and fireworks, then they made both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, would that have made it HP weekends every day? in my opinion, no.
Same with DHS, SWW has a parade, actors panels and autograph sessions, characters meet and greet and fireworks, would having a land with 2 new attractions and food offerings make it SWW everyday, no.

I believe part of what makes SWW as awesome as it is, is the fact that it is not a year round thing. It's like Christmas. We love it, we get antsy with anticipation, we plan our trips around it each year. That is the best part. The anticipation. Knowing something big is happening and that it won't be there all the time.

I'm really hoping that even with the new land, they will still have SWW.

I would hope that even after DHS is fully Star Wars-ified, they would have SWW in some form. All those EXTRAS you mentioned. I think it would still be an extra draw and money maker for Disney in slow season.

You're right, of course. I wasn't thinking about the actors panels and those things. I'm just anxious for the new Star Wars land because I guess that interests me more than the actors (primarily because I just don't want to fight the crowds just to see them or get their autograph). I would love to see the fireworks in person though, and I'm excited to check out the Launch Bay when it opens.

You're right, of course. I wasn't thinking about the actors panels and those things. I'm just anxious for the new Star Wars land because I guess that interests me more than the actors (primarily because I just don't want to fight the crowds just to see them or get their autograph). I would love to see the fireworks in person though, and I'm excited to check out the Launch Bay when it opens.

For me, its not so much the actors, or the shopping, or the panels. I just love the atmosphere. There is something very special in the air at DHS during SWW.

The fireworks are amazing and I'm sure Launch Bay will be completely immersive, can't wait either.
I'm wondering if we will see an announcement on that this week, they have posted 5 stories before noon, which is impressive since they usually do 5 stories through out the entire day.

The rumor flying around the last day of SWW was that there was going to be 7 weekends for 7 episodes. Then a few weeks later the question about would there even be a sww this year surfaced.

I'd be very happy with 7 for 7!

Like many others on this thread, we are waiting to plan a trip for our family of 7 (no small planning task) to go to WDW for SWW. I am going to take the advice of momof2halls and call and chat with a live person. I did see the following post on the Disney Parks blog, after many of the other posters had not received any answers to their questions about the future of SWW :

Mary on October 3rd, 2015 at 6:30 pm
So no one “Official” has answered that SWW will be continuing. Has anyone else noticed this?

When is it likely that the Season of the Force information will be released? My family will be in WDW the first week in February and we're so excited to be able to enjoy some Star Wars events even though we won't be there during a Star Wars Weekend. So far, I am just planning on us having a Hollywood Studios day on Friday since there will be fireworks (this is confirmed, correct?). Is it likely that they will have character meals like they do for the weekends during this time as well?

Sorry- I hope these questions haven't already been asked a million times, and hopefully this is the right place to ask them!

When is it likely that the Season of the Force information will be released? My family will be in WDW the first week in February and we're so excited to be able to enjoy some Star Wars events even though we won't be there during a Star Wars Weekend. So far, I am just planning on us having a Hollywood Studios day on Friday since there will be fireworks (this is confirmed, correct?). Is it likely that they will have character meals like they do for the weekends during this time as well?

Sorry- I hope these questions haven't already been asked a million times, and hopefully this is the right place to ask them!

I read something about it last week which I thought was from an announcement with tentative dates of up to the 20th March so I think it would cover you.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/09/dates...ason-of-the-force-event-at-walt-disney-world/

And the fireworks I believe were confirmed as being a permemant weekend thing anyway at the moment aren't they?

SotF should be From January 5th all the way through March 20th. The only thing that Disney has confirmed is that it will include weekend SW Fireworks, Launch Bay will be open, Star Tours will have the new Firce Awakens sequence and previews and clips of SW movies will play inside ABC Sound Studio. No word on character meals yet

I've read through the posts and the pages about the SotF and am I understanding it correctly that it will replace the SSW in May/June or not?? Totally confused here! OR, have they not officially said if SotF will have any affect on SWW?

I've read through the posts and the pages about the SotF and am I understanding it correctly that it will replace the SSW in May/June or not?? Totally confused here! OR, have they not officially said if SotF will have any affect on SWW?
Disney has NOT said anything official about changing SWW because of SotF or anything else. The website still says "Summer 2016" - same phrasing as last year. SOME rumors have suggested no SWW this year. Still waiting for official info... last year the first announcement of dates was Dec 2... hoping earlier this year...

No information on SWW as of yet. The official site says that SWW will come back "Summer 2016" but Disney officially hasn't confirmed. SotF will be from January to March so it wouldn't affect the regular dates for SWW.
Keep an eye out on the first page of this thread, any confirmed information will be in green

No information on SWW as of yet. The official site says that SWW will come back "Summer 2016" but Disney officially hasn't confirmed. SotF will be from January to March so it wouldn't affect the regular dates for SWW.
Keep an eye out on the first page of this thread, any confirmed information will be in green

THANKS!! :thanks:

I read something about it last week which I thought was from an announcement with tentative dates of up to the 20th March so I think it would cover you.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/09/dates...ason-of-the-force-event-at-walt-disney-world/

And the fireworks I believe were confirmed as being a permemant weekend thing anyway at the moment aren't they?

I sure hope that this unofficial blog linked above isn't correct. The rest of the blog says "The event will replace Star Wars Weekends in 2016. There is still no word if Star Wars Weekends will ever return."

An earlier post noted that there was a heads up when other events were being discontinued; giving people a chance to make the last visit...I can't imagine Disney would break from that procedure. I would have expected an announcement before this year if SWW was going by the wayside. My guess (only a guess) is that they will keep it going until SW Land is ready to open, and then it will morph into something new.

An earlier post noted that there was a heads up when other events were being discontinued; giving people a chance to make the last visit...I can't imagine Disney would break from that procedure. I would have expected an announcement before this year if SWW was going by the wayside. My guess (only a guess) is that they will keep it going until SW Land is ready to open, and then it will morph into something new.

They could however come up with some line about how they haven't got rid of it they've changed it into the Jan thing. I dunno though. I'm hoping this is wrong and we have both!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter