**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Desert party done. Waiting for fireworks now. Excellent viewing.

Access to Kylo ren and chewbacca are through desert party time. You do not have to wait. You will be sent to front of the line so it is quick.

Overall if you love star wars i think it is worth the price for the tour. It doesnt feel like it drags on at all which was a suprise.

To me its worth it as a once off.

Thank you for sharing your experiences!

Is the viewing area same as everyone else who went to just dessert party?

Also, have you done all the activities on your own before? How does it compare?

I'm really struggling with the cost as most of it seems doable on your own and the tour has someone guide you through it which takes away that aspect of needing to plan. Just wondering if it's "worth" it though I know that's subjective.

Thank you for sharing your experiences!

Is the viewing area same as everyone else who went to just dessert party?

Also, have you done all the activities on your own before? How does it compare?

I'm really struggling with the cost as most of it seems doable on your own and the tour has someone guide you through it which takes away that aspect of needing to plan. Just wondering if it's "worth" it though I know that's subjective.

Howdy,
Im not sure if it is the normal desert party viewing area. The viewing area was right in front of the left side pilar if that makes sense. It kinda felt a little empty, we were right up the front of the roped off section. In front was the wheelchair section which was completely empty so most of the kids were in this section.
The desert party itself felt pretty cramped, more cramped than the viewing section.

We had done most the activities, although not all.
Path of the Jedi and the Launch bay short movie, the front 2 rows are reserved for the tour.
Meeting Kylo Ren through the tour felt Longer. I dont know if they tell the handlers tour group people are coming in, but it was a twice as long and more in depth meet than the day before when we met him and it was in and out. This felt like a good 3 minutes of ....Kylo Ren being Kylo Ren..... he didnt like my Wifes BB8 Plush backpack hahaha.

March of the first Order was awesome. This was the highlight for me..... without ruining it, you will be bloody close to the Stormtroopers, closer than other parade followers.
The tour group people are quick to remove anyone trying to enter in to the tour group section while you march. Which is fair enough as you are paying for a premium experience.

I was the same, and it is going to be subjective. I was more do i really want to listen to someone talk for 7 hours about stuff i already know and am i going to be able to handle 7 hours.

It went pretty quick and you wont notice the time. Plus i was surprised with the information given, it was interesting and not over the top constantly in your face. The earpiece's were fantastic and not bothersome so it was easy to hear all the time.

We really did it as well we are from Australia and we aint coming back anytime soon, plus we love star wars so we had to do it.
To not have to worry about Jedi sign up was a plus, and we wanted to do the desert party as well so it was as you say, easy to not worry about planning.

Yes you can do it all on your own, but this felt stress free, with viewing points right up front with no one in your way blocking your view.
Plus with the big Star wars tour card on your lanyard stands out and i was suprised how many people asked what the star wars tour was throughout the day.

I hope my info throughout the day will help make it easier to decide on whether or not to take the plunge, yes its a fair chunk of money, and this is coming from someone who thought it was not going to be worth it..... It is worth it 100%.

There are a few surprises in there I have not mentioned, don't want to ruin too much for everyone or anyone doing the tour very soon.
May the Force be with your decision...... and its more fun on The DarkSide :)

Howdy,
Im not sure if it is the normal desert party viewing area. The viewing area was right in front of the left side pilar if that makes sense. It kinda felt a little empty, we were right up the front of the roped off section. In front was the wheelchair section which was completely empty so most of the kids were in this section.
The desert party itself felt pretty cramped, more cramped than the viewing section.

Path of the Jedi and the Launch bay short movie, the front 2 rows are reserved for the tour.
Meeting Kylo Ren through the tour felt Longer. I dont know if they tell the handlers tour group people are coming in, but it was a twice as long and more in depth meet than the day before when we met him and it was in and out. This felt like a good 3 minutes of ....Kylo Ren being Kylo Ren..... he didnt like my Wifes BB8 Plush backpack hahaha.

March of the first Order was awesome. This was the highlight for me..... without ruining it, you will be bloody close to the Stormtroopers, closer than other parade followers.
The tour group people are quick to remove anyone trying to enter in to the tour group section while you march. Which is fair enough as you are paying for a premium experience.

I was the same, and it is going to be subjective. I was more do i really want to listen to someone talk for 7 hours about stuff i already know and am i going to be able to handle 7 hours.

It went pretty quick and you wont notice the time. Plus i was surprised with the information given, it was interesting and not over the top constantly in your face. The earpiece's were fantastic and not bothersome so it was easy to hear all the time.

We really did it as well we are from Australia and we aint coming back anytime soon, plus we love star wars so we had to do it.
To not have to worry about Jedi sign up was a plus, and we wanted to do the desert party as well so it was as you say, easy to not worry about planning.

Yes you can do it all on your own, but this felt stress free, with viewing points right up front with no one in your way blocking your view.
Plus with the big Star wars tour card on your lanyard stands out and i was suprised how many people asked what the star wars tour was throughout the day.

I hope my info throughout the day will help make it easier to decide on whether or not to take the plunge, yes its a fair chunk of money, and this is coming from someone who thought it was not going to be worth it..... It is worth it 100%.

There are a few surprises in there I have not mentioned, don't want to ruin too much for everyone or anyone doing the tour very soon.

THANK YOU so much for your reply! I know you are still on your holiday and really appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experiences. You are definitely helping to tip the scales for us.....to the Dark Side!

Howdy,

What time was the JTA that your star wars tour group did? I'm looking at mapping out a day in case I don't do the tour and want to make sure I don't have in mind the JTA time that's going to be reserved for the tour people only.

Also, does anyone know about how many minutes I can expect to wait in line to sign up for JTA if I am there at rope drop and head straight to the sign ups from there? Going 03/27, which should be a pretty busy day. Thanks!

THANK YOU so much for your reply! I know you are still on your holiday and really appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experiences. You are definitely helping to tip the scales for us.....to the Dark Side!
No probs at all.

What time was the JTA that your star wars tour group did? I'm looking at mapping out a day in case I don't do the tour and want to make sure I don't have in mind the JTA time that's going to be reserved for the tour people only.

Also, does anyone know about how many minutes I can expect to wait in line to sign up for JTA if I am there at rope drop and head straight to the sign ups from there? Going 03/27, which should be a pretty busy day. Thanks!

It was around 2:30. :)

A few pics from the Tour.

20170114_123714_zpsyf51bn3u.jpg

Check in Counter. Left side of Great Movie Ride. They put up a check in sign which you cant miss. They were setting up around 12:30pm.

storm_zpsizcojbf2.jpg

While waiting to check in, straight to the left all the Star wars Characters were coming back from the show, great spot to grab some pics as no one is there.
Stormtrooper saw my backpack and gave me the Nod and point.

boba_zpsmggbje66.jpg

Boba got Close.

bobaclose_zpsasebkhr4.jpg

Ummmm very Close. He liked my Australian Accent, reminded him of Home. Well close to home in Kiwi Land.

20170114_124848_zpsutfg7zk5.jpg

Pre select your food at check in. This has to be the let down of the tour for me. Im sorry but the food is disgusting.

20170114_125154_zpsumdzrfbf.jpg

Stormtrooper Backpack ready to roll.

20170114_125801_zpsvinibkjb.jpg

Awesome Wife and Daughter Ready to Roll.

20170114_124527_zps5ucqdel2.jpg

These guys were ready to Roll as well.

20170114_143233_zps4rsnu5b5.jpg

Getting ready for Jedi Training.

20170114_143843_zpslsrdfum9.jpg

20170114_131152_zpsobypoojp.jpg

Quick Rest Break

20170114_155628_zpspy86lc6h.jpg

Some popcorn before the March. Gotta refuel those legs.
Time to March

march_zpsh5eodumw.jpg

march2_zpsegnvfft6.jpg

march%203_zps92fygeqq.jpg

march3_zpscwf2xvtw.jpg

Getting Ready for the Next Show
20170114_162911_zpssfexqjhf.jpg

bobafire_zpsa7nygnz8.jpg

Front row, clear and perfect view.

20170114_193202_zpsrx6n9w3r.jpg

And View of Area we were in. The tour group left the desert party around 7:15 and were the first in the viewing area.

Wow that only took a few hours on Pop Century's awesome internet, hahaha.
Cheers
Adam

Does anyone know whether SWAGS will run the whole week of Easter yet? Still debating between a day ticket on Easter Sunday 4/17 and Galactic Nights. If it's not going to be every night, I would go with Galactic nights.

Does anyone know whether SWAGS will run the whole week of Easter yet? Still debating between a day ticket on Easter Sunday 4/17 and Galactic Nights. If it's not going to be every night, I would go with Galactic nights.
hard to say. Obviously the day of Galactic Nights it's not showing for day guests, not even Fantasmic! but as we now have dates until March 31st and it's on every night I would think it would continue on every night

For the folks trying to book the dessert party in March, I was just able to book mine for the last week of March. All the dates that week were open to book.

@wsssup thank you so much for the review and the pictures, it seems you all had fun and I agree with you, DHS is my favorite park but the food choices are not the best

Aww I remember really liking the galactic salad! I actually didnt realize they still had it. But I'm still baffled they ditched rebel hanger. It was always packed. And not like it was hurting anything!

@wsssup thank you so much for the review and the pictures, it seems you all had fun and I agree with you, DHS is my favorite park but the food choices are not the best

He did an awesome job, as do you yulilin with all your info for us star wars fans.

We all had a wonderful time it was worth every penny.

Thought I might add those star wars ears really hurt the head when you wear them for 10 hours straight but had to do it. They are so cool.

Just crying looking at all the goodness galactic nights will have when we are back home in a land far far far away.

Like I said when can always stay and not go home ..its only a couple more months:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter