• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

@Tia1977, sound good...we will have to grab @ktb2002 and have a drink together to share in the "joyous excitement*" of all of this.

*term used sarcastically

Happy early B-day to your DD. How old will she be? Mine is 10, i'm sure they would enjoy meeting each other.

YES!!!! Just not the nasty one lol

THIS sounds like so much fun!!! In all the craziness of that day and so many pages to catch back up on, I overlooked these posts til now (lol). You guys are so sweet, heck-I might've even missed getting the tix if not for ktb2002 going out of her way (I just KNEW the stupid tix would open up while I was stuck at work>:(). :disrocks: My DD is turning 14, no doubt she'd love to meet yours! We have a TS dinner right before the party (trust me, NOT my own idea to waste valuable stomach roomo_O). Course it'll have no impact on my mission of the cocktails lol:drinking1 We plan on heading straight to Launch Bay sign in as soon as we get out of dinner. I'll PM you guys that am, it'd be another highlight of my day to meet some sweet DISers and toast to our joint obsession:P (and recovery from our party booking fiasco:yo-yo:)

Probably no way to do 3 fast passes, Club Villian, and SW dessert party from 2pm on right? We aren't big HS fans so only would have 1 day to do it in.

Probably no way to do 3 fast passes, Club Villian, and SW dessert party from 2pm on right? We aren't big HS fans so only would have 1 day to do it in.
It's possible if you book your 1st FP for 1:15/1:30, 2nd FP for 2:30ish, and 3rd for 3:30 ish. Each FP has an hour return window so you'll be fine if you enter at 2:00p and head directly to FP #1. You'll complete your FPs prior to the early Club Villain show.

I'm contemplating a short trip in late October. If the 8:15 fireworks time for late September carries over into October, would it be too much to do Club Villain and the dessert party in the same night? It seems like you'd have to leave CV and go straight to the dessert party. Or do I have the timing wrong?

I'm contemplating a short trip in late October. If the 8:15 fireworks time for late September carries over into October, would it be too much to do Club Villain and the dessert party in the same night? It seems like you'd have to leave CV and go straight to the dessert party. Or do I have the timing wrong?
Club villain is 2 hours and the dessert party would start at 7pm, so yeah, straight over

Feeling a little out of control now but bought tickets for the dessert party Aug 30th. DH said pull the trigger, hope the adult beverages don't disappoint. Thank you for the links to the reviews they were very helpful!

Why do they have to schedule the fireworks so close to Fantasmic, so that you can't do both?!?! We missed F! on our first trip last year because of rain, and really wanted to see it this year. And, now we really want to see the Star Wars fireworks too!! Arghh!!

File this in the "for what it's worth" file. Yes, I know that CMs are notorious for telling people what they want to hear, don't have all the correct info, etc., etc.

I emailed wdw guest relations on Saturday morning, just to ask the question of why Fantasmic! and Star Wars fireworks now often start 15 minutes apart, instead of the 45 minutes it was for months, effectively precluding guests from seeing both shows on the same night. I have emailed before and always have received a call, usually a couple weeks after the email. Sometimes the response is satisfactory, sometimes not, but at least they have responded!

Well, I was driving Saturday afternoon, no more than 3 hours after I sent the email, when I received a call from a 407 number. I was shocked at the quick response, but the cm, Chris, was very friendly, and we chatted for a good 20 minutes.

Chris said (again, for what it's worth...) that the timing of the show schedule is a calculated decision. He said the first goal is safety, to avoid having people RUN from Fantasmic! to a prime spot for the fireworks. He said they had faced this problem, of large crowds rushing out of F!, creating a safety issue.

He went on to say that the second goal is to optimize the experience for whichever show each guest chooses to watch on a given night. If a guest finds a good seat at F! or a good spot to watch the Star Wars show, he or she will enjoy that show to the fullest.

Of course he admitted that they hope that guests come to DHS two different nights, once for each show!

I asked about the future schedule, and also River of Light, while I had him on the line, and he either didn't know or couldn't/wouldn't tell. It was an interesting call!

File this in the "for what it's worth" file. Yes, I know that CMs are notorious for telling people what they want to hear, don't have all the correct info, etc., etc.

I emailed wdw guest relations on Saturday morning, just to ask the question of why Fantasmic! and Star Wars fireworks now often start 15 minutes apart, instead of the 45 minutes it was for months, effectively precluding guests from seeing both shows on the same night. I have emailed before and always have received a call, usually a couple weeks after the email. Sometimes the response is satisfactory, sometimes not, but at least they have responded!

Well, I was driving Saturday afternoon, no more than 3 hours after I sent the email, when I received a call from a 407 number. I was shocked at the quick response, but the cm, Chris, was very friendly, and we chatted for a good 20 minutes.

Chris said (again, for what it's worth...) that the timing of the show schedule is a calculated decision. He said the first goal is safety, to avoid having people RUN from Fantasmic! to a prime spot for the fireworks. He said they had faced this problem, of large crowds rushing out of F!, creating a safety issue.

He went on to say that the second goal is to optimize the experience for whichever show each guest chooses to watch on a given night. If a guest finds a good seat at F! or a good spot to watch the Star Wars show, he or she will enjoy that show to the fullest.

Of course he admitted that they hope that guests come to DHS two different nights, once for each show!

I asked about the future schedule, and also River of Light, while I had him on the line, and he either didn't know or couldn't/wouldn't tell. It was an interesting call!
Makes sense to me
The amount of people that were leaving early from Fantasmic was disrupting the show for others.
I would also add a third reason and that's that they don't have enough space for everyone to watch SWaGS so they want to split the crowd.
Thanks for giving us the details of your call

Sounds like possibly some people already were injured in the mad rush. Actually, when described that way, it makes a lot of sense. We saw Fantasmic twice, several years ago, and really have no desire to see it again. Really, it would be nice for Disney to update this show. The one in Disneyland (world of color or something like that) looks awesome in videos. But we are really looking forward to seeing SW next month!!

Awesome sauce about the Fireworks extension! Can't wait to see it our DHS day on Sept 24!! I guess we'll put Fantasmic on another night or miss it, (AGAIN) this trip

Has anyone been in HS the past few nights? On paper the fireworks are set to start at 9.30, but from seeing them from a distance, it's been around 9.45 every evening that they have actually started? Or is there part of the show that has low fireworks / no fireworks before it gets to the higher ones that we would have seen from OKW / Epcot.

Has anyone been in HS the past few nights? On paper the fireworks are set to start at 9.30, but from seeing them from a distance, it's been around 9.45 every evening that they have actually started? Or is there part of the show that has low fireworks / no fireworks before it gets to the higher ones that we would have seen from OKW / Epcot.
The first 2 minutes maybe, is without fireworks. I know there was a storm that rolled in on Saturday that delayed illuminations, that started at 9:45 that night I think, maybe it delayed SWaGS as well?

The first 2 minutes maybe, is without fireworks. I know there was a storm that rolled in on Saturday that delayed illuminations, that started at 9:45 that night I think, maybe it delayed SWaGS as well?
Thanks, yeah we were at Epcot, thankfully under cover at the Rose and crown! It was 9.45 on Friday and Sunday also. Im at HS today so I'll ask at guest services.

This is exactly what happened on Saturday- we were in the park and they announced the delay. It was a wild storm!!! F! Was cancelled and SWaGS was delayed. I believe that happened Friday as well since we saw them from our room that night well after 9:30. Last night they seemed to be on time as we saw them on our walk back to BWV from Epcot after Illuminations.

This is exactly what happened on Saturday- we were in the park and they announced the delay. It was a wild storm!!! F! Was cancelled and SWaGS was delayed. I believe that happened Friday as well since we saw them from our room that night well after 9:30. Last night they seemed to be on time as we saw them on our walk back to BWV from Epcot after Illuminations.
I was at Epcot last night watching the Journey tribute band and Illuminations went of at 9pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter