Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Why not just take Uber or Lyft to the front? It'll probably be the minimum fare of $5.50.
The issue is trying to get an answer to the question "can we get through the IG for our tour?" We know our options for getting to the front gate. But we're not going to go to the front gate by bus, or uber, or our rental car if we can in fact walk through the IG. That's the issue...trying to get that answer. Disney SHOULD be able to answer that question. And if we get a definitive no, that we can't get through IG for the 8:30 tour, then OUR choice would be to take the later tour and go through the IG, or cancel it altogether till our next trip, which is at OKW, when we'll be driving to Epcot anyway.

The issue is trying to get an answer to the question "can we get through the IG for our tour?" We know our options for getting to the front gate. But we're not going to go to the front gate by bus, or uber, or our rental car if we can in fact walk through the IG. That's the issue...trying to get that answer. Disney SHOULD be able to answer that question. And if we get a definitive no, that we can't get through IG for the 8:30 tour, then OUR choice would be to take the later tour and go through the IG, or cancel it altogether till our next trip, which is at OKW, when we'll be driving to Epcot anyway.
Problem is, you can't get an answer you can trust from Disney, unless you speak directly to someone working the gates at Epcot or their manager. Operational information that's available to cm's from outside their own department is hard to get at, often conflicting, and often outdated.

Goofy4tink, I found this post looking for info about getting throughs the international gateway early. For us specifically, we'll be staying at BWV and have an 8:30 AM FutureWorld tour scheduled.

First call: I happen to ask when I called to book the tour if we would be able to get through the IG at 8 AM and was told no...take a bus from BWV to the front of Epcot. Which seems ridiculous. Didn't book.

2nd call to make sure we could get through IG at 8:30 to do the 9:00 tour. Yes.

3rd call: After discussing with DH, decided to book the 9:00 tour (but we have afternoon MK plans we hope to make...the earlier the tour, the better, but being able to walk through IG is better than taking a bus). Wanted to confirm that we could get through the IG at 8:30 and was told yes, the gate opens at 8 for people with dining reservations. I questioned "even the IG?" He called guest relations to confirm yes, we can get through the IG at 8 AM for dining and tours. Guaranteed me 100% he spoke to someone in the know at GR, and the answer is yes. Booked 8:30 tour.

4th call. Got off the phone feeling uneasy. So I called BWV. I figured they must know, that this situation must come up, no? First person said that if I have a reservation for a tour I SHOULD be able to get in at 8 AM. I said I need to know FOR SURE. She asked someone, and then told me that YES, I can get in through the IG, but that I needed to take the bus there. ??? I tried to explain again, but she talked over me, telling me again to catch the 6 AM bus to the IG, then walk to my reservation. One of the most frustrating conversations with a CM ever. I asked to speak to a supervisor.

5th person (NOT a supervisor): Again, said that I SHOULD be able to get through the IG. Again, I need to know for sure. She called Guest Relations...I heard her end of the conversation. That answer was NO, I can't use the IG...need to take the bus to the front of Epcot. Told her I was guaranteed by Tour department CM, who had also called guest relations. She tried to reach the tour department manager, but couldn't. Supposedly he/she is going to call me back.

Typically, DISers know more than CMs. I have read conflicting experiences tho from posts on the DIS and other sites when I googled the question. I also looked at breakfast times for Epcot restaurants, and they seem to start at 8. Do Epcot resort guests really need to take the bus there for breakfast? And if they CAN get in through the IG, surely tour guests should be able to.

I just don't understand why Disney doesn't have the answer written in stone.

So, yes or no, or in typical Disney fashion, it's hit or miss??
Don't get me started!! You're right. You should be able to get an answer. But, this is Disney. Here's my experience.
Years ago, I booked a Yuletide Fantasy Tour. It left from the front of Epcot. I was staying at BWV. I knew that if I had an early morning ADR, I could enter the IG prior to the park being opened. When I booked the tour, the CM reminded me to be sure to leave about 90 mins to get there. I said I was staying at BWV so it shouldn't be an issue. Nope, he said. Because you aren't going to something inside the park, you can't get in via the IG. Well, I said that it didn't make sense to spend the money for a cab. He checked the hours, saying that if it was an EMH morning there I would be all set. Well, it was. I even got in a ride on Soarin' with friends.
But...just for giggles, 'cause it's what I do, I called back, and asked if I would be able to walk from the IG to the front of the park, if the park wasn't opened yet. Oh yes mam, that don't be an issue at all. Called again...same answer. Ok...two CMs say I can walk through the closed park to get to a tour meeting outside the front of the park. One CM says no, can't do it. So...when I got there, I asked the CMs at the IG...they said no, if my tour didn't meet inside the park, I wouldn't be allowed to enter and walk through.
So...what's the answer? You're probably good to go. Your your is inside the park.
If it were me, I would ask CMs at the IG before you need to get in...maybe the day before. Then you'll have your answer. Hopefully.

I am at the Polynesian now. On Tuesday, we have a pre-park opening ADR at BOG. From what I've read, it's my understanding that both the express and the resort monorails are on a modified schedule on Tuesdays and neither will get us to MK on time. It's also my understanding that the ferry and the boat launches do not operate early enough to get us to thelp ADR. Are my assumptions accurate? Is there a bus from the resort that operates early enough to get us there? If so, what time do you think I should be waiting for the bus in order to make it to a 8:00 ADR?

If the monorail:boats aren't running, there will be a bus. As far as timing goes, I usually like to be at a bus stop an hour prior to my ADR. I just do t trust them to come often enough.

Tried to read all of the thread, but whew! it's so long. Here's my question: We have a 5:30 res for Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness. Is there a bus from MK or do we have to take the boat? If we take the boat, Disney suggests giving ourselves 1.5 hours to get there. Is that from the resort or from MK? Is there a bus from MK? I'd love to spend the time at MK if we can!

I would take the boat. There is a boat from MK and the CR. It's a very pleasant ride! There's a bus, but it takes you to the front of FtW, then you have to take an internal bus to get to the back areas. The boat drops you right below Pioneer Hall. If I remember correctly, the bbq area is very close to Pioneer Hall.

What's the fastest way to get from Contemporary Resort to Cape May Cafe for an 8:00 am breakfast? I have a couple ideas, but I thought I would see what you all thought. We will have an 8 yr old and a 4 yr old and one stroller with us.

What's the fastest way to get from Contemporary Resort to Cape May Cafe for an 8:00 am breakfast? I have a couple ideas, but I thought I would see what you all thought. We will have an 8 yr old and a 4 yr old and one stroller with us.
Bus to DHS, then bus to BC. Tell the driver on the bus to DHS that you are going to breakfast at BC, so they can arrange for a bus to pick you up at DHS.

Bus to DHS, then bus to BC. Tell the driver on the bus to DHS that you are going to breakfast at BC, so they can arrange for a bus to pick you up at DHS.
Is that better than Monorail to TTC, then bus to BC?
On days when the monorail is not on a delayed opening, it starts running at 7. That would probably get you to MK at 7:15-7:20. If you wait 15 minutes for a bus, you might get to BC around 7:50. If you're comfortable with that, the monorail is fine.

Going to DHS would let you get a little bit earlier start. If you were at the bus stop at 6:30, you'd probably get the 1st bus to DHS. There's a good chance you might be the only family on the bus, and the driver might be able to drop you off at the resort without transferring, which would get you there an hour ahead of time. But even if you have to transfer, you'll probably arrive between 7:30-7:45.

Having dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse. Afterwards, want to head over to Bay Lake Tower, Top of the World Lounge. Is the fastest way, take the bus from the Yacht Club to Magic Kingdom, walk to Contemporary, then walk next door to Bay Lake Tower??:confused3 THANKS in advance, knew you guys, "the experts" would know!;):wave2:

Having dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse. Afterwards, want to head over to Bay Lake Tower, Top of the World Lounge. Is the fastest way, take the bus from the Yacht Club to Magic Kingdom, walk to Contemporary, then walk next door to Bay Lake Tower??:confused3 THANKS in advance, knew you guys, "the experts" would know!;):wave2:
Yep. Except you're not really walking to the CR and then ...; the pathway to BLT branches off before you reach CR,

The fastest way is to take a taxi.

The quickest way using Disney transportation is probably a toss up of the advice above, or walk to MK and take a bus to BC from there.

Is that better than Monorail to TTC, then bus to BC?
There are no buses at the TTC. Well, there are buses, but only to off-site hotels.

The fastest way is to take a taxi.

The quickest way using Disney transportation is probably a toss up of the advice above, or walk to MK and take a bus to BC from there.
You're right -- somehow I misread CR and thought OP was at Poly. Walking to MK would be faster from CR.

Is there a way to get from Fort Wilderness Cabins to Universal Studios? And then from Universal to Disney Springs?

Sure. Internal bus to the front of the campground and then Uber to Universal, Uber from Universal to DS.

Disney will not provide transportation to or from Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter