Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I was just thinking, how far of a walk is it to CR from TTC? We wanted to go straight from CR to MK for rope drop so I don't want to have to worry about moving my car, whereas parking at TTC we can leave it there until we leave MK in the afternoon.

You can't walk from the TTC to CR.

Here's the issue.....the buses start running at 6:30. If you took the MK bus (being out at the MK bus stop by 6:15 so that you caught the first one) you might be at MK by 6:45ish..might. Depends on when that first bus gets there. Then, it's an 8-10 min walk to the CR, then a few more minutes to CM's. If you go to the TTC, and park? The monorail doesn't start running until 7.
If you want to drive directly to the CR, you could pay to valet park...then you can leave your car there all day. Then walk over to MK after breakfast.
Or, just take a cab at 6:40ish.

Here's the issue.....the buses start running at 6:30. If you took the MK bus (being out at the MK bus stop by 6:15 so that you caught the first one) you might be at MK by 6:45ish..might. Depends on when that first bus gets there. Then, it's an 8-10 min walk to the CR, then a few more minutes to CM's. If you go to the TTC, and park? The monorail doesn't start running until 7.
If you want to drive directly to the CR, you could pay to valet park...then you can leave your car there all day. Then walk over to MK after breakfast.

Okay perfect! Thank you so much gives me a little variety to figure things out

I say this with no disrespect to you madam moderator as I have the utmost respect for you and your opinions :worship: but You are off on your time estimate for a bus from CBR to MK. IF the 6:30 bus arrives at CBR at 6:30 and they board that bus, it will take a minimum of 15 minutes to pickup one side and more if it's doing all stops (at 6:30am it's likely to be doing all of CBR). If you throw a scooter in the works, the time will greatly increase. It will then about 10-15 minutes to MK. You are looking at 7am at the earliest, then the 8-10 minute walk to the CR.

I'm one of the biggest bus proponents as you know but in this case, Disney can't do it. So @PlutoLover93 is going to have to take their own car and park at the CR, or tske a cab or a ride share.

we have 2 day park hoppers and i would like to be able to direct my kids on transportation to hop from mk, epcot, and hs if they get bored with us. i understand the monorail may not be a reliable use of transportation? i understand there are buses between mk and hs, what is the best way between epcot and mk? also, we are going from ssr to trails end, i plan on taking bus to mk then boat over, is it obvious which boat we are to get on? thank you for your advice!

we have 2 day park hoppers and i would like to be able to direct my kids on transportation to hop from mk, epcot, and hs if they get bored with us. i understand the monorail may not be a reliable use of transportation? i understand there are buses between mk and hs, what is the best way between epcot and mk? also, we are going from ssr to trails end, i plan on taking bus to mk then boat over, is it obvious which boat we are to get on? thank you for your advice!

The monorail is the simplest way to get from MK to Epcot. You need to take the Express Monorail from MK to the TTC, and transfer there to the Epcot monorail. Going from MK to Epcot, you just get off the train at TTC and walk across the platform to the Epcot train; going the other way, you have to go down the exit ramp from the Epcot Monorail and go up the ramp to the Express Monorail to MK. There will be plenty of cm's to assist them.

If one or the other of the monorails is down, there will be buses running to replace them. I think that's still the simplest way, because, again, there will be cm's to assist at the monorail station and at the bus area. They just need to tell the cm where they are trying to get to.

If you want to avoid the monorails but add a layer of complexity, they could take a bus to DHS, and then take either a bus or boat to Epcot. They could also take the bus from MK to the Beach Club Resort and walk into the back gate of Epcot, if you trust them to find their way to Epcot; it's not a long walk, but the route is not immediately obvious from the bus station. If they got off the bus at the wrong stop, they would be at one of the other Epcot resorts, which are still walkable to Epcot ... just a bit longer walk.

Trail's End is at Fort Wilderness campground. Just make you sure you get on a boat going to Fort Wilderness, not Wilderness Lodge (sometimes the same boat stops at both.) The dock for both is directly opposite the center of the MK main entrance, with separate signed queues.

Last edited:

The monorail is the simplest way to get from MK to Epcot. You need to take the Express Monorail from MK to the TTC, and transfer there to the Epcot monorail. Going from MK to Epcot, you just get off the train at TTC and walk across the platform to the Epcot train; going the other way, you have to go down the exit ramp from the Epcot Monorail and go up the ramp to the Express Monorail to MK. There will be plenty of cm's to assist them.

If one or the other of the monorails is down, there will be buses running to replace them. I think that's still the simplest way, because, again, there will be cm's to assist at the monorail station and at the bus area. They just need to tell the cm where they are trying to get to.

If you want to avoid the monorails but add a layer of complexity, they could take a bus to DHS, and then take either a bus or boat to Epcot. They could also take the bus from MK to the Beach Club Resort and walk into the back gate of Epcot, if you trust them to find their way to Epcot; it's not a long walk, but the route is not immediately obvious from the bus station. If they got off the bus at the wrong stop, they would be at one of the other Epcot resorts, which are still walkable to Epcot ... just a bit longer walk.

Trail's End is at Fort Wilderness campground. Just make you sure you get on a boat going to Fort Wilderness, not Wilderness Lodge (sometimes the same boat stops at both.) The dock for both is directly opposite the center of the MK main entrance, with separate signed queues.
very helpful thank you!!

I say this with no disrespect to you madam moderator as I have the utmost respect for you and your opinions :worship: but You are off on your time estimate for a bus from CBR to MK. IF the 6:30 bus arrives at CBR at 6:30 and they board that bus, it will take a minimum of 15 minutes to pickup one side and more if it's doing all stops (at 6:30am it's likely to be doing all of CBR). If you throw a scooter in the works, the time will greatly increase. It will then about 10-15 minutes to MK. You are looking at 7am at the earliest, then the 8-10 minute walk to the CR.

I'm one of the biggest bus proponents as you know but in this case, Disney can't do it. So @PlutoLover93 is going to have to take their own car and park at the CR, or tske a cab or a ride share.
Dang!!! You're absolutely correct. I didn't take the resort into consideration. Duh. Thanks for catching that.
Although, I'm always happy to see:worship:!!!!

We are going in April and I want to know if it's possible to get from All Star Sports to a 7:30 am reservation at Chef Mickey's for breakfast via Disney transportation? Thanks in advance!

That is possible. Be out at the bus stop by 6:15am. The bus should be at the stop within a few minutes either side of 6:30am. Ride the bus to MK and walk over to the CR. Let the driver know that you are going to Chef Mickey's as he might be able to drop you off. Either way you should be able to get to Chef Mickeys by 7:15am at the latest.

Magic Kingdom to Disney Springs

If by bus, board at CR, Poly, GF or TTC? Uber?? Taxi??? All options are open but cost could be a factor. A bus to SSR?

Magic Kingdom to Disney Springs

If by bus, board at CR, Poly, GF or TTC? Uber?? Taxi??? All options are open but cost could be a factor. A bus to SSR?
You can bus to SSR from the MK, get off at Congress Park and walk to the marketplace or walk to the CR and get a DTD bus directly to the marketplace.

To me it will always be DTD and the marketplace/PI/west side. Maybe I'll change once it's all done.

Where can you find bus schedules and monorail schedules? We are staying at Coronado Springs in April. Taking our own vehicle. 3 days we have ADR for pre park opening around 8:00am, so I want to make sure we get to the MK by 7:30 am. Wasn't sure if the monorail ran at that time

Where can you find bus schedules and monorail schedules? We are staying at Coronado Springs in April. Taking our own vehicle. 3 days we have ADR for pre park opening around 8:00am, so I want to make sure we get to the MK by 7:30 am. Wasn't sure if the monorail ran at that time

There aren't set schedules for the buses and monorails. I'm not sure about the express monorail that only stops at the TTC and MK, but I'm pretty sure the resort monorail starts running at 7:00 am.

Buses start running at 6:30 am.

What's the best way to get to Trails End for Breakfast at 9:15 from CBR on our departure day. We want to have a good breakfast before we fly home. We won't have a car, but can take a cab if need be but was hoping there is an easier way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter