• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

The International Gateway works exactly like any other park entrance - Staged closing rules still apply.

Here are the stages:

The good news is that Epcot is not going to reach stage 3 or 4 closing - it never does. You aren't going to have a problem getting back in.

Alesia, thanks so much for the quick and thorough reply, it was very helpful! :thumbsup2

Planning out our WDW trip - our kids first visit!!

I've been to WDW several times but as a child and young adult - you just don't notice or think about the stuff I want to know now as a mom planning for the kids.

Hoping to book the Spirit of Aloha dinner show. I know to get from resort to resort you need to transfer through a park.

Option A: PC to MK by bus. MK to Poly by Monorail.

Is the walk far from the bus terminal to the Monorail? Are there different platforms for resort trains and park trains?

Option B: PC to Epcot by bus. Epcot to Poly by Monorail.

Would you transfer at the TCC to a resort train to get to Poly or can you get a resort train from Epcot?

Overall - which option will be quickest? Which would be easiest? Would the Epcot monorail ride be more "scenic" than the bus ride?

DD is 8 yrs old, DS is 5 yrs old -- both a good walkers. This will be our very first activity of our trip so I want to have it go smoothly and start the trip off nicely.

Option A: PC to MK by bus. MK to Poly by Monorail.

1. Is the walk far from the bus terminal to the Monorail?

2. Are there different platforms for resort trains and park trains?

1. No

2. Yes, but they're well-marked.

Option B: PC to Epcot by bus. Epcot to Poly by Monorail.

Would you transfer at the TCC to a resort train to get to Poly or can you get a resort train from Epcot?

Overall - which option will be quickest? Which would be easiest? Would the Epcot monorail ride be more "scenic" than the bus ride?

You can actually walk from the TTC to the Poly. My first thought was that going to MK then taking the monorail or boat would be the quickest and easiest because MK is the closest park to the Poly, but the fact that the monorail from Epcot stops at the TTC and you can walk to the Poly from the TTC is making me think that that could be a quicker option. (Or at least not a longer option. ;)) If nothing else, I think it would be the more scenic option.

We have dining reservations at Biergarten at 4:30. Once we finish up eating, if we've done everything we want to do at EPCOT, would there be time to hop on the Monorail to MK and grab a few rides before coming back to EPCOT for Illuminations? Or will that process take longer than I'm imagining?

We have dining reservations at Biergarten at 4:30. Once we finish up eating, if we've done everything we want to do at EPCOT, would there be time to hop on the Monorail to MK and grab a few rides before coming back to EPCOT for Illuminations? Or will that process take longer than I'm imagining?

You won't be finished with dinner until about 5:45 (possibly a bit later.) It will take you 20 minutes to get to the monorail station. Another 45 minutes to get to MK. That puts you at 6:50. You would need to leave MK by 7:10 to get back to Epcot, walk to the world showcase, and claim your spot for Illuminations.

My trip with my daughter in December is going to be pretty laid back with us doing a lot of exploring and doing things we haven't done before. If we leave through the International Gateway, where will that take us and where can we go from there?

The International Gateway takes you to the Beach Club. Since you're going in December, you can check out their Christmas decorations, then walk to Yacht Club and Boardwalk Inn and check out theirs. Using Disney transportation, the only other places you could go from there would be the other parks or DTD.

Reservations at 7:30A at Chef Mickey's with plans on immediately going to the park afterwards for a while and heading back to resort for mid-day break and back to park later. Park hours that day are 9a-10p. How long should we allow for travel, where should we park, should we valet at the contemporary? Will have personal vehicle.

Also, later in the week we plan to do Illuminations. We would not like to wait for a decent viewing area for more than 30 minutes due to impatient kiddos, but would like a decent view with a less hectic exit. We will be heading back to Bonnet Creek Resort. Will have personal vehicle.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The International Gateway takes you to the Beach Club. Since you're going in December, you can check out their Christmas decorations, then walk to Yacht Club and Boardwalk Inn and check out theirs. Using Disney transportation, the only other places you could go from there would be the other parks or DTD.
There's also the Boardwalk itself (walkable entertainment area). You can check out the Swan and Dolphin hotels. Fantasia Gardens mini-golf is also walkable.

How late will the bus from CR to DHS run on a night that DHS closes at 11pm for EMH's? The plan is to go from DHS to CR to see HalloWishes (starts at 9:30) on a Sunday night then back to DHS to meet up w/the rest of the party before leaving.

A couple hours at least. You won't get stranded.

The buses will run from DHS until everyone is out of the park, but that wasn't the question.

How late will the bus from CR to DHS run on a night that DHS closes at 11pm for EMH's? The plan is to go from DHS to CR to see HalloWishes (starts at 9:30) on a Sunday night then back to DHS to meet up w/the rest of the party before leaving.

The buses will run to DHS right up until DHS closes.

I would like to verify the following. We are doing the pirates cruise from the contemporary resort. I think the best way to get there from the BoardWalk villas would be to take bus to MK. Then take monorail to contemporary. Yes. No. ??

Thanks in advance.

I would like to verify the following. We are doing the pirates cruise from the contemporary resort. I think the best way to get there from the BoardWalk villas would be to take bus to MK. Then take monorail to contemporary. Yes. No. ??

Thanks in advance.

You can do that, but it's faster and easier to just walk from MK to the Contemporary.

There's also the Boardwalk itself (walkable entertainment area). You can check out the Swan and Dolphin hotels. Fantasia Gardens mini-golf is also walkable.
Thank you! We'll definitely be checking out the decorations at some of the other resorts.

I could be wrong but are there boats that you can get on at Disney Studios for transportation? If there are, where do they go?

I thought I had read somewhere that after the Hoopdedoo there are buses that will take guests back to their resorts. Then I read recently that those buses only run after the last show. Is that right? Do they only run after the last show?

I have heard several recommendations to take the bus to MK and boat to FtW but I am wondering if it is faster to drive (and use the internal FtW buses to get to HDDR). We have some little ones in our group and the sooner we can get them into bed, the better. Any advice?

I tried searching, but this thread is too big! Is there transportation from the water parks to Downtown Disney, or would we have to go back to our resort first?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter