Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I just remembered something I wanted to share with the cake thread. I'm not sure I ever specifically saw a review of the chocolate buttercream frosting/filling, but as someone who isn't a huge chocolate fan I wanted to mention that I really liked their chocolate buttercream. It's not a rich chocolately fudgy sort of frosting (like the stuff you might get from a can) it's very light and has a very mild chocolate flavor to it. As someone who only likes a little bit of chocolate I thought it was great.

Thanks for all the tips on this board for ordering a cake. We just returned from our trip. I ordered a mini cake for my mom from the Contemporary for our Chef Mickey's dinner. It was the one with the ears on top. It was very good. They had a card for her at the table when we arrived and then brought the cake after dinner.

We celebrated our daughter's birthdays on our recent Disney trip. We initially were going to go with two mini cakes, until I saw the option of doing individual cupcakes. Since we were going to be presenting them at our Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast, I didn't really want to have any cake left over. For us, this experience was definitely more of a "it's the thought that counts" vs. looking to do something with unique flavors, design, etc. We requested two chocolate cupcakes, one Frozen themed and one Rapunzel themed and were very pleasantly surprised. Each cupcake was $8.50 and ordered via e-mail. I received a very quick reply/confirmation from them. Everything was perfect! Our server was incredibly discrete in letting me know they would out shortly after our meal. Here are the pics for all of you looking to do something special, but nothing extravagant or an option that won't break the bank. ;)

Frozen.JPG Rapunzel.JPG

For any of you Star Wars Fans

Ordered this cake and was delivered at the Crystal Palace for breakfast. Choc butter cream icing, with yellow pound cake and choc mousse filling.

I have heard now though going forward no more cakes to be delivered at the MK.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 629
Thanks for all this great info. One clarification...

I understand custom cakes are no longer available in the Magic Kingdom. Is it still possible to pre-order a (non-customized) Mickey head cake and have it sent to a MK table service restaurant?

Thanks for all this great info. One clarification...

I understand custom cakes are no longer available in the Magic Kingdom. Is it still possible to pre-order a (non-customized) Mickey head cake and have it sent to a MK table service restaurant?

I have been emailing with a special events coordinator at the MK for a birthday cake at CRT- here are the two choices she told me-

"We also offer our 6-inch round cake. This is available in either all vanilla or all chocolate and can be decorated with one of our Mickey Mouse medallions. This cake generally serves up to 6 people and costs $23.00 plus tax and gratuity.

Our Mickey Mouse head cake, which serves up to 10, is in the shape of Mickey’s Head and is a chocolate cake with a dark chocolate ganache over top. This cake costs $54.00 plus tax and can be decorated with a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary” or “Congratulations” chocolate piece!"

"We do require completed order at least 72 business hours prior to your reservation. Payment for any add-ons is not due until you dine with us. We are not able to accept prepayment or third party payment for our enhancements. All pricing and offerings are subject to change without notice. You will receive a confirmation email once your order has been placed. We are in the office Monday-Saturday 8:00am-4:00pm Eastern Standard Time. We are out of the office all day Sunday. Please allow up to 72 hours for a response."

We celebrated our daughter's birthdays on our recent Disney trip. We initially were going to go with two mini cakes, until I saw the option of doing individual cupcakes. Since we were going to be presenting them at our Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast, I didn't really want to have any cake left over. For us, this experience was definitely more of a "it's the thought that counts" vs. looking to do something with unique flavors, design, etc. We requested two chocolate cupcakes, one Frozen themed and one Rapunzel themed and were very pleasantly surprised. Each cupcake was $8.50 and ordered via e-mail. I received a very quick reply/confirmation from them. Everything was perfect! Our server was incredibly discrete in letting me know they would out shortly after our meal. Here are the pics for all of you looking to do something special, but nothing extravagant or an option that won't break the bank. ;)

View attachment 212489 View attachment 212490
These are beautiful! I would love to have these delivered to my room at the Poly in October--one for each of my three girls. What e-mail address did you use to order them? Thanks!

She ordered those for Magic Kingdom. There is no email address for ordering cakes at the Poly. Complete contact info can be found in Post #2 of this thread. :thumbsup2

lurkyloo thank you for working so hard on this thread!

So just to clarify, no more custom cakes delivered inside MK, right? But custom cakes still delivered to resorts and other parks?

I'd love those custom cupcakes posted above (post #125) - can I order those for delivery anywhere except MK?

Bottom line is we're staying at GF for my twin DD's bday. So I'd like 2 cakes delivered to Crystal Palace, and also 2 cakes delivered either to the CL lounge at GF or left in our GF room.

So just to clarify, no more custom cakes delivered inside MK, right? But custom cakes still delivered to resorts and other parks?

Yeah, MK is the only place that has stopped accepting custom cake orders. Those custom cupcakes were made by the Contemporary. GF Private Dining might make you something similar, or they might tell you they don't do cupcakes. It seems to depend on the weather with them... :rolleyes: But they can definitely do custom cakes.

At Crystal Palace your only choices are a pre-made 6-inch, all-chocolate or all-vanilla podium cake (see first thread) or a custom-made 6-inch, all-chocolate or all-vanilla cake with no decoration (so, possibly fresher but identical in appearance to a podium cake) or the Mickey head cake (info in Post #2).

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-11%20at%2010.35.44%20PM_zpsfk7zt7bq.png

Reactions: TJA
well, we're going in 3 weeks and we weren't going to get a cake (our trip is the week before our kiddo's 4th birthday) but i've been thinking about it and i just can't resist a cake made by the contemporary resort...so i think we're going to do it!

for reference, here are the cakes we got for his 1st birthday:
771b1087f4ef7b4f03194a4054a520b9.png

(not very "disney" but exactly what we ordered and it was sparkly!). it was yellow cake with vanilla buttercream, and i don't recall the price exactly. ordered from the contemporary and delivered to our room at bay lake tower.

and for his second:
8b8b342f1a1cb420450d139fad54c8ea.png

mickey head confetti with silhouette 2. the top looks a little schmutzy because the server at the wave put globs of whipped cream at the base of the candles which i wish they hadn't, but not a big deal. kiddo loved it anyway:

c3886b7b23084fe82a16a122ec67f81c.png

this one was red velvet with cream cheese frosting and cost $63 before tax/tip. it was ordered from the contemporary and delivered to our dinner at the wave.

he's finally to the age where he has some character preference, so this next one might be the most overtly disney yet. just depends on if the bakery will do it or not.

its been a couple of years, so could somebody please remind me how far out i should get in touch? i know it has to be AT LEAST 72 hours, but what is a good general time to contact them....2 weeks? or is that still too soon?

Last edited:
As I am in Brazil and I want to order a cake to be delivered at the 1900 Park Fare ( dinner time ) would be so great if it could be ordered by email.
It is so expensive to make a international phone call and I am afraid of speaking my not perfect English at the phone.
Does anyone have an Grand Floridian e-mail address that could help me?

As I am in Brazil and I want to order a cake to be delivered at the 1900 Park Fare ( dinner time ) would be so great if it could be ordered by email.
It is so expensive to make a international phone call and I am afraid of speaking my not perfect English at the phone.
Does anyone have an Grand Floridian e-mail address that could help me?

The only way that I know of ordering at the Grand Floridian is through the phone number in the beginning of this thread. I have ordered many cakes and have always called, left a message, and waited for a return call that I usually receive at a really inconvenient time. I wish we could email too!

I checked the first page, but it's not clear on the link provided. Do I email MK Cakes for the Cinderella Slipper dessert at CRT? I've always wanted to try it and I'm eating there the night before my birthday (may as well make it special!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter