OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

We just decided to go to DL for New Years Eve and Day, been on Christmas before and know crowd levels are insane. My wife was wondering if she should buy fun New Years hats, glasses, etc to wear on 12/31, do a lot of people do that? Thanks everyone, I'm trying to make my way through the entire thread but it's taking a few minutes/days.
That is a great question! We will be there for NYE too!popcorn::

Sooo... I can get one made the night before with no line up.....how big a difference does 12 hours make if they have a shelf life of 1 year?
Honestly probably zero- but like I said the difference is that you want the “fresh” one you see being made and is still warm when you get it. I haven’t bought the “not fresh” candy canes but like I said it’s made during the night before and off site but they assured me it was exactly the same otherwise when I was chatting with the CM last year. Even knowing all that I’m happy to waste my 5 minutes getting a wristband- not sure but the experience and fresh candy cane is truly addicting

Do the off site candy canes sell out right away? I move at turtle speed and I would never get in line fast enough to get a fresh one.

Do the off site candy canes sell out right away? I move at turtle speed and I would never get in line fast enough to get a fresh one.
From what I recall last year, they had the non-hand-made candy canes all day at the registers. They're of the same size as the hand-made ones, but different color patterns. Based on what millie0312 said, I think it depends on which CM you talk with. According to the CM I talked with, the only hand-made candy canes are the ones made in the show kitchen. All others are machine made. From everything I've read, I'm inclined to think that the ones sold at the registers are not-hand made. Otherwise, Disney wouldn't miss the opportunity to market them as hand-made.

Question about the Harbor side security...we will be there 12/2, CP day. We know it will be really busy. We plan on getting to the ticket booths early....like 7ish I hope (park opens at 8). How bad are the security lines on the Harbor side that early? Do they move quickly? I have seen photos of awful backups, but usually those are later in the morning. Any help appreciated. (And we have to go to the ticket booths to present a letter to get our tickets, otherwise I would just buy online) TIA!! :goodvibes

She is going to LOVE Haunted Mansion. Jack and Sally do photo ops in New Orleans square by the train station. Go in the morning when crowds are light and before the lines get long.
Thanks. We have met Jack but not Sally meeting her and Haunted Mansion are our top priorities. She is so excited!

Yes, I was surprised at this. Some things seem cheaper then the things we enjoyed at the Spring Food and Wine!

I think it has been Candy Cane for the last couple of years so gingerbread would make a change. Would love for them to bring back the lemon flavoured ones from the POTC 50th celebration. Not a holiday flavour but they were the best ever.
Its candy cane flavor again. I saw a post on Facebook group for Annual passholders that I'm in.

Question about the Harbor side security...we will be there 12/2, CP day. We know it will be really busy. We plan on getting to the ticket booths early....like 7ish I hope (park opens at 8). How bad are the security lines on the Harbor side that early? Do they move quickly? I have seen photos of awful backups, but usually those are later in the morning. Any help appreciated. (And we have to go to the ticket booths to present a letter to get our tickets, otherwise I would just buy online) TIA!! :goodvibes

If your there at 7am it won't be a problem. The really long lines for security are usually due to later times in the day when a bunch of buses turn up. You should breeze through in the early morning (before park opening) even on CP day. The lines tend to move fairly quickly but it always seems the line beside me moves quicker then the one I am in.

Thanks. We have met Jack but not Sally meeting her and Haunted Mansion are our top priorities. She is so excited!

Depending on the time of day you might get only Jack, Only Sally or both. You can ask the CM at the meet and greet and they can give you a better guide to when Sally and Jack are both available.

Given the Festival of the Holidays, I’ve cancelled my reservation for lunch at Carthay. I might hit the lounge for lunch but all the different things at the food booths call me more than the Carthay menu.

Can’t decide if I want to keep my reservation for Tea on 12/2. If one of my friends can join me I might keep the reservation.

Given the Festival of the Holidays, I’ve cancelled my reservation for lunch at Carthay. I might hit the lounge for lunch but all the different things at the food booths call me more than the Carthay menu.

Can’t decide if I want to keep my reservation for Tea on 12/2. If one of my friends can join me I might keep the reservation.

I do the tea at least 4 times a year and the holiday teas are amazing. I always go solo except for my first time a friend happened to be at DLR and joined me and it was amazing but as my hubby dislikes tea I’m usually alone and have gotten to know the servers quite well. I wouldn’t cancel for that reason, it’s my favorite “me time” activity!

Here is the Disneyland Candy Cane schedule posted on a blogger Instagram page (everthingdisney.55). It is a photo of the schedule for distribution.

For those of you who have not yet purchased them... they are outstanding. They make about 120 per day, and you have to line up at park opening (at the candy shop) for a wrist band. You then have a return later on in the day at a specific time as listed on the band, and you can come back and get your freshly handmade candy canes. They also sell machine made candy canes (same size, different colours)

v3qKtZR

I want to get a candy cane, but I’m not sure it would make it home since I have to fly home.

I want to get a candy cane, but I’m not sure it would make it home since I have to fly home.
I always take one home on the plane! They travel well. I usually bring it in my carry-on but I have packed it in my suitcase and it came through but I wasn't really worried about it breaking :)

Anyone heard if they are doing the Frozen Themed stuff at DCA Stage 17 (I think that's what it is called)? Back in 2015 they had sledding and snowman building and my kids loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter