Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found this thread and while I'd love to read all the posts, I can't; I'm at work.

I will be in WDW next week and it's my birthday!! If I order a cake through the Boardwalk Bakery, will they deliver it to our room?

I greatly appreciate all replies as I'm anxious enough about going and this will definately make this trip extra special!!!

Oh and an I have anything, any character I want on the cake??

BW will deliver a cake if you are staying at BC/YC or BWI. Otherwise, you'll need to pick it up if you want the cake specifically from that bakery.

You can get an in room delivery at other resorts but you'll need to call the cake hotline listed on the first page to see what is available for each resort.

Theoretically, most characters should be available with a couple exceptions (Pooh and company seems to be a problem). Best to try the cake hotline and see what they can do for you.

BW will deliver a cake if you are staying at BC/YC or BWI. Otherwise, you'll need to pick it up if you want the cake specifically from that bakery.

You can get an in room delivery at other resorts but you'll need to call the cake hotline listed on the first page to see what is available for each resort.

Theoretically, most characters should be available with a couple exceptions (Pooh and company seems to be a problem). Best to try the cake hotline and see what they can do for you.

Well I called the hotline yesterday and got all the information. Since I'm at the BWV's they can deliver it right to our room. Now to just decide what I want; but that's half the fun.

Anyone know what kind of cakes are available at the Poly? I am trying to decide if we should have one delivered to our room or wait til we eat at 1900 Park Fare.

Thanks,
Karen

Mine is coming to the room before we head out for dinner. I just didn't want to have to carry the cake around if we decide to go into the park afterwards, and we usually do that.

Call the hot line and they'll be more than happy to tell you what's available.

My favorite cakes on here are the ones with marble or chocolate fondant. I do wonder how they taste. I know on the wedding cakes the fondant is removed before slicing. There must be a reason for that. Does it taste different on the wedding cakes than it does on the regular cakes? :confused3 Just curious. TIA

If the mods are okay with it, I'm going to attempt to start a new thread, but I'll need your help. I'm overwhelmed by just the thought of trying. :o

1st, does anyone know of any incorrect info on the 1st post? Copying that information would be much easier than starting over, but I don't want to add any misinformation.

2nd, I would appreciate PM's from anyone willing to share their experience on particular locations. For example, kinds of cake, icing & fillings available for each available cake size. I'd also appreciate info on other options available & what venue offers them (i.e. strawberries, castle cake, slipper, etc.)

If I'm going to do this, I will need help. I haven't even ordered a cake yet, so everything I've learned comes from this thread. For anyone who wants anything added, I'm open to suggestions. This may take awhile, so please be patient.

PS: I'm hoping for lots of PM. :p

ETA: If anyone has seen a cake posted on the DIS that hasn't been posted on this thread, I would appreciate a link to it.

I could look at this thread all day - all the yummy cakes. We are going to be in WDW for my daughters 9th birthday 12/29. Since I recently realized this is the craziest week to go - Im big into making our own magic. I want to order a single layer - really extraordinary - birthday cake to be delivered at cinderellas Castle (time TBD) - on her birthday. Im willing to drop a little extra money on it to make it extra special. I know about the cake hotline - but how early is too early to call? I have ideas for the cake -how willing are they to work with you? Do you just order it and it shows up? Thanks! E

One more question, before I start a new thread. Does everyone like this format http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1601839 ? This is what I'm thinking of doing & want to make sure everyone's okay with it.

PS: Mods, I know we've discussed starting a new thread a few times, but I'm hoping for official approval, before I do so much of the work. Please, let me know if I'm good to go. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!