Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 6" replica of our top layer of our wedding cake last year. We had it served at an Illuminations dessert party I planned for Dh and I last week. The GF bakery made it...Almond cake with bailey's mousse just like our wedding cake. except on this one the giant choc castle was not there and the flowers on my wedding cake were real but otherwise it was beautiful lol!

D034.jpg

my wedding cake made by the gf bakery last year...
MD08356-22-07.jpg
Your cakes are absolutely beautiful.:goodvibes I would really like to get more imformation on the Illuminations dessert party. My DD and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary next year and this sounds like something wonderful and special for such an occasion. Any info you could give me would be very appreciated. TIA.:)
Linda

I am going to do this for our trip in July.
My husband and I will be celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary.

This is going to rock!

Going to hollywood and vine w/ playhouse disney characters and would like to order a cake of Little Einsteins.Does anyone know if that can be done there and with that design?Also, can it be sent back to our resort, so we wouldn't have to carry it, our stroller, and 2 young kids?:goodvibes THANKS ALOT!!!!!! OH, we'll be leaving in 2 weeks:banana:

Can anyone tell me what size the zebra cake comes in and about how much it costs. Can you get it at Boma's?:goodvibes

We are staying at POR and we wanted to do something for my sister's graduation. I need graduation ideas! Where can I get any kind of cake with graduation? Now to make it even harder, her favorite character is Robin Hood! Can I do anything with Robin Hood? deliver anything to the room or anything like that? any ideas are helpful!:banana:

Going to hollywood and vine w/ playhouse disney characters and would like to order a cake of Little Einsteins.Does anyone know if that can be done there and with that design?Also, can it be sent back to our resort, so we wouldn't have to carry it, our stroller, and 2 young kids?:goodvibes THANKS ALOT!!!!!! OH, we'll be leaving in 2 weeks:banana:

I would not bank on them holding it for you, and they are not able to send it back to your resort. Sorry!

Has anyone had a cake made here. I loved the Micey and MInnie white chocolate, but they said they can not do that. Does anyone have a picture of the cake that was made for them here. Thanks for help

We got this cake last month - although from the options they gave me I didn't know it was going to have delicious almond crusty things on the outside! It was SO yummy! We had the option of anything we wanted on top but went with the Princesses since that was my daughter's wish and it was her Make a Wish trip. None of us wanted to leave this cake behind it was so very good but we were so stuffed from breakfast. Still, we all squeezed a LOT in :rotfl2:

They wouldn't hold it for us in the fridge (the chef came out himself and said the staff would probably eat it!!) but they did say they would offer us a free 6" cake if we came back later in the day!! Sadly, we couldn't make it back in time to get the cake :(

i90875498-2A2E-4080-BA28-F3C85C7F3660.jpg

iE15281CE-54A5-4166-8107-8246F908BB37.jpg

Sorry for the bad pictures! Our cake says, "Have a magical wish trip Bella"

You may have already said and I missed it - but which place did you get this cake? It is very pretty. We are celebrating our twins 5th birthday at Cinderella's Royal Table, I've been looking at all the cakes as I'm clueless what to request still. But we have time :)

This cake is lovely, I like that they got all the princesses on it. It would be hard for me to figure out which is their one or two favorites.

I just found this thread and while I'd love to read all the posts, I can't; I'm at work.

I will be in WDW next week and it's my birthday!! If I order a cake through the Boardwalk Bakery, will they deliver it to our room?

I greatly appreciate all replies as I'm anxious enough about going and this will definately make this trip extra special!!!

Oh and an I have anything, any character I want on the cake??

You may have already said and I missed it - but which place did you get this cake? It is very pretty. We are celebrating our twins 5th birthday at Cinderella's Royal Table, I've been looking at all the cakes as I'm clueless what to request still. But we have time :)

This cake is lovely, I like that they got all the princesses on it. It would be hard for me to figure out which is their one or two favorites.

This was at The Princess Storybook Breakfast at Norway in Epcot. They didn't have many options for the cake itself (just chocolate and vanilla) but most characters (minus Pixar I think) could be made on that sugar wafery edible thing that was on the top of the cake. I couldn't choose either, my daughter's favorite changes day to day and was deciding between that and Tinkerbell. I'm glad I went with the Princesses, she loved it.

The cake was unbelievably delicious and well well well worth the money. The only problem was that breakfast was so yummy we were pretty full by the time the cake came out!

If you have more questions let me know, I'm happy to answer them! Good luck!

I'm not sure about what type of cake can be ordered there but I seriously doubt that they'd hold it or even send it to your resort. I'd suggest either getting the cake later in the day, get a cake at your resort or after you've eaten your fill see if anyone sitting around you would like some cake.

Good luck.

Hello! We're taking our son to CRT for his 5th birthday (ON his actual birthday!). The whole trip is a surprise, but I want his actual birthday to be extra special. I'm planning on ordering him a special dessert at Cindy's, but it seems like I've only seen the glass slipper dessert or a full-sized cake. He'll think the glass slipper is girly and a whole cake is just too much. And I'd rather order a cake later than afternoon in our hotel room any way. Is there any other special dessert than can be ordered just for one person and is more boy appropriate? Can I just get a cupcake or something?? I've read that sometimes they surprise the birthday child with a cupcake, but I'd rather arrange it and pay for it to know for certain that his birthday lunch ends perfectly! Thanks!

Hello! We're taking our son to CRT for his 5th birthday (ON his actual birthday!). The whole trip is a surprise, but I want his actual birthday to be extra special. I'm planning on ordering him a special dessert at Cindy's, but it seems like I've only seen the glass slipper dessert or a full-sized cake. He'll think the glass slipper is girly and a whole cake is just too much. And I'd rather order a cake later than afternoon in our hotel room any way. Is there any other special dessert than can be ordered just for one person and is more boy appropriate? Can I just get a cupcake or something?? I've read that sometimes they surprise the birthday child with a cupcake, but I'd rather arrange it and pay for it to know for certain that his birthday lunch ends perfectly! Thanks!

If you tell them when you book it that it is your son's bday they will already know! Get him a bday pin to wear that day and they will notice... trust me! They will bring him a chocolate cupcake type thing covered in white icing! It is REALLY good!

I have heard people mentioning about a two layer castle cake?? What is this and if it is different from the mini castle cake, what is different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter