*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

See you there!!! :cloud9:

I'll update page 1

Hooray!! See you there! :flower1:

Yeah...I have ALWAYS wanted to stay at the Poly and after some number crunching I saw that it wasn't that much more to do Poly Standard than if I stayed Savannah View at AKL (never mind that I was Standard at AKL...) and said YOLO and changed! Nothing like making a dream come true - even if it's your own dream!!

Hooray!! See you there! :flower1:

Yeah...I have ALWAYS wanted to stay at the Poly and after some number crunching I saw that it wasn't that much more to do Poly Standard than if I stayed Savannah View at AKL (never mind that I was Standard at AKL...) and said YOLO and changed! Nothing like making a dream come true - even if it's your own dream!!

Haha, I understand! I have wanted to stay at the Polynesian since my first trip to Disney when I was 7. This stay has been over 30 years in the making, LOL. We go annually and have stayed at EVERY other MK resort and most of the other resorts too, but there was always "something" prohibiting us from staying at the Poly...over the past few years, construction....

Next year - it's finally happening and I am so excited!!!

Haha, I understand! I have wanted to stay at the Polynesian since my first trip to Disney when I was 7. This stay has been over 30 years in the making, LOL. We go annually and have stayed at EVERY other MK resort and most of the other resorts too, but there was always "something" prohibiting us from staying at the Poly...over the past few years, construction....

Next year - it's finally happening and I am so excited!!!

I know the feeling! When I told my dad I had switched resorts, I didn't tell him right out where I was staying... I just said "Where have I always wanted..." and he said "Are you staying at the Polynesian????" Haha!!

Could you add the first part of our vacation to the list as well? We are staying at the Grand Floridian August 23 - 28 (confirmed) then going on a cruise on the Dream and back to WDW until September 9, but we need to wait until our DVC window opens.

We're booked at POP 8/26-9/2. Originally booked our bounce back at POR but just couldn't stomach the extra cost and the feeling of "cheating" on our home resort so I switched within weeks of booking. LOL

Yay!!! I'll join!

We go every year in August. We love it!

Looking at August 2nd through 13th.

Undecided on a resort --- looking at either a Lion King Suite at AOA or a garden view room at the Beach Club.

:beach:
So glad to see your dates!!! We are going to be at the Poly and WDW 8/1-8/6. We have only been to Disney during low crowd times. Please give me an honest view of what to expect in terms of crowds. I don't like not being able to walk because people are shoulder to shoulder or standing in line for 1-2 hrs. If we go early and late to the parks, we should be ok right???? We can't take the kids out of school anymore, so this is the only time we have to go.

So glad to see your dates!!! We are going to be at the Poly and WDW 8/1-8/6. We have only been to Disney during low crowd times. Please give me an honest view of what to expect in terms of crowds. I don't like not being able to walk because people are shoulder to shoulder or standing in line for 1-2 hrs. If we go early and late to the parks, we should be ok right???? We can't take the kids out of school anymore, so this is the only time we have to go.

This will be our 4th year in a row of going in early August!! We have always homeschooled our kids, and were spoiled with being able to go whenever we wanted, but now my oldest 2 are in college and we need to vacation when they're able to go! I don't find the crowds to be that bad. Take advantage of early morning times and evening times! The crowds are going to be the highest between 12 and 4 in the afternoons. We try to either go back and swim during those times or to get an ADR lunch -- both of which get us out of the Florida sun which is at its worst during those times! Be prepared for rain! But it'll clear the parks out, too, as many people leave. We just put on our Disney ponchos and keep on going! The outdoor rides will close but the indoor ones will keep going.

We're booked at POP 8/26-9/2. Originally booked our bounce back at POR but just couldn't stomach the extra cost and the feeling of "cheating" on our home resort so I switched within weeks of booking. LOL

I always think of trying a mod but then can't stomach spending hat much extra when we are barely in the room other then sleeping.

We have been playing around with dates for this year and my son wants to be there for August 24th to go to Tampa to see a Blue Jays game. We are planning n staying at All Star Sports but nothing is set in stone.

I always think of trying a mod but then can't stomach spending hat much extra when we are barely in the room other then sleeping.

We have been playing around with dates for this year and my son wants to be there for August 24th to go to Tampa to see a Blue Jays game. We are planning n staying at All Star Sports but nothing is set in stone.
I'm totally the same way. First trip booked Pop and stayed there. Second trip was a bounce back book for CBR, 2 months before our arrival date I changed it to Pop and added a day and still saved money over our orginal ressie. #3 was BB for POR that I already changed to Pop. I try but I just can't seem to do mod. We only sleep at our resort. Last year we only spent a total of 2 hours at the pool during our 7 night stay and did up spending one day holed up in our room due to Hermine but we don't mind the smaller room and "lesser" amenities as it's usually just me and my son. Even when my mom was with us the accommodations were perfectly fine for us 3, mom in one bed, ds and I in the other. I'll take the savings and put it towards spending money and/or bounce back deposit any day of the weeks

Last edited:
This will be our 4th year in a row of going in early August!! We have always homeschooled our kids, and were spoiled with being able to go whenever we wanted, but now my oldest 2 are in college and we need to vacation when they're able to go! I don't find the crowds to be that bad. Take advantage of early morning times and evening times! The crowds are going to be the highest between 12 and 4 in the afternoons. We try to either go back and swim during those times or to get an ADR lunch -- both of which get us out of the Florida sun which is at its worst during those times! Be prepared for rain! But it'll clear the parks out, too, as many people leave. We just put on our Disney ponchos and keep on going! The outdoor rides will close but the indoor ones will keep going.
Thanks so much for responding! We're going to give early August a shot. My kids haven't been to Disney in almost 3 yrs and they are ready to go!! 7mo and we will finally be there.

Hi! We have gone to WDW the past two Augusts thanks to the magical deal. We stayed at BC both trips and we do love it there but I'm getting ready to book for this August and we are going to try the Poly this time. We were booked at Poly last year but after a crazy string of events we ended up canceling our trip the day before we were expected to leave and then a week later when things had settled down we realized we would still be able to swing a trip but it would just have to be much shorter than originally planned. When we rebooked we went with BC.

Our dates for this year will most likely be August 23rd-30th. I like the end of August best due to lower crowds. We don't usually start back to school until after Labor Day so it's nice not to have to deal with missing school/work. We may have a few more family members going with us this year. My 7 year old son is the other Disney nut in my family so he will definitely be with me so will my mother. DH is unsure if he will be coming this time (he only comes with us about every other trip). I might surprise my daughter and book a room for her and her BF as a 21st birthday gift but I haven't decided on that yet. I will be looking to get that firmed up in the next month so we can book before ADR's in February! I look forward to planning with everyone here!

Last edited:
I sent out the check earlier today for the down payment on our house rental. Looks like our dates will be August 10th through the 22nd. Now that we have that settled, it is time to get some planning under way :) Can't wait for August hours to come out!!!

Mousemommy - sorry to be a pain, but I think you have me mixed up with someone else on the front page- although I'm sure CBR is a lovely resort, we're currently planning on staying at Contemporary Aug.19-29. Thanks!

We're getting close to when the airfares will be published! Has anyone else figured out their ADR day yet? :)

Hi guys! I'm still going in August, same dates... But I've changed to CBR. Bottom line, my heart is there - it's my Disney home! :)

Mousemommy - sorry to be a pain, but I think you have me mixed up with someone else on the front page- although I'm sure CBR is a lovely resort, we're currently planning on staying at Contemporary Aug.19-29. Thanks!

We're getting close to when the airfares will be published! Has anyone else figured out their ADR day yet? :)

I've already gotten my air done! (Been messed around by Southwest too many times to give them another chance ever.)

8/18-26 and my ADR date is 2/19. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter