*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

Oh thank goodness I am not the only one stalking the website looking for the magical deal!!
Seriously, the kids are counting down to Halloween and all I'm thinking is "how many more days till I can book my vacation?" :)
I hope they offer the same deal too- my kids got spoiled staying at the contemporary last time!!

I had been emailing back and forth with an agent about a month ago for the magical deal and she gave me the dates. We priced it out and sadly it wasn't magical enough for us this year. So we decided to book a Boardwalk View studio at BWV from 8/11-8/19! We were looking forward to trying a new resort (Poly), as we've already stayed at BWV a couple times, but we can't complain...we're going to WDW!

We stayed at AKL August of 2015 for my daughter's 16th birthday. We liked the resort, but going back for 10 days (August 9-19)next August for her 18th birthday I think we are going to stay at POP. We just do not take advantage of staying at a deluxe because we only sleep and shower at the resorts. From the time we get up until we go to sleep, we are on the move at one of the parks or Disney Springs. Considering AOA because my daughter loves Ariel. We have time to make that decision.

Hi! I am in the process of planning our trip for August 2017. We will be there from August 17th until 26. We will be driving from Pennsylvania on August 17th. Last year we made it in 16.5 hours and I am hoping for the same next year. That'll give us 8 full days.

If there is free dining, we'll stay at CSR. If not, All Stars. Free dining is a huge saver for us, so I'm really crossing my fingers.

We drive down from NY. Takes us a bit longer, around 18 hours of driving. I think we will be going a bit earlier than you, probably leaving here on the 9th, and starting the drive back on the 22nd

Okay, any Labor Day Magical Deal people getting anxious? :-/

Wanna get this booked!!!! My agent said mid-late October.

Okay, any Labor Day Magical Deal people getting anxious? :-/

Wanna get this booked!!!! My agent said mid-late October.

Hey There! We are currently booked under the military deal but still waiting for our deal. Right now, the FULL YEAR is out, except for Labor Day. :(

My agent assures me its coming very soon.

I assuaged my anxiety by booking our next cruise in the meantime. :rotfl:

Just booked two days ago for August 12th - 19th at CBR for myself, DH, DS & DD!!! SO excited!
We will adjust our dates based upon free dining! :)

Hi all!

Jumping on this thread! We are booked 8/1-8/10 at Poly! We have not been since 2012 so I am really excited. So many changes since we last were there! Our dates may flex due to DD softball schedule. We are also planning a 2 day Universal either before or after.

Hubs and I are celebrating 20 years and it will be a delayed sweet 16 for my one and only! Due to this I booked CL!

I'm looking forward to planning but I have so much to re learn with magic bands and all the changes!

Happy planning all! pixiedust:

Officially booked for August 2017... Our 7th year in a row! Can't stay away!
We booked for our second stay at the Grand Floridian, loved it so much last year & can't wait to return! August 16-23!!! 269 days :)

Finally booked! August 19-26 at Polynesian, which has always been my dream resort! We'll be driving down for the first time (from WI) so I'm a little nervous about that, but it'll be a new adventure with a fun stop or two along the way.

Finally booked! August 19-26 at Polynesian, which has always been my dream resort! We'll be driving down for the first time (from WI) so I'm a little nervous about that, but it'll be a new adventure with a fun stop or two along the way.

We overlap!! We are 8/20/16 - 8/29/16 at the Poly :)

I seriously cannot wait!!!

just booked our vacation for Aug 2017. Split stay at Bach / Poly 5 days each. end of August. Lets the crazy planning begin...

Oh hooray! I talked DH into bumping up to 10 days in Disney!!! Looks like we are going to be going Aug 19-29. And another stay at the Contemporary! :lovestruc

I just booked our trip for August 27 - September 2 at Caribbean Beach. It will be great to be back!

*****EDIT*****

We are now booked for same time, but at the Poly. So excited!!!

Last edited:
Joining in! Starting to plan a trip for mid to late August. With two kids in college and one in high school, it's really the only reasonable time schedules line up. I know the heat and humidity will be high, but is it really that awful? I figure, hot in Disney beats hot at home any day. Hubby and I will have our 25th anniversary in May 2017, my 50th birthday will be Oct 2017, so what better way to celebrate both than with a trip to WDW in between! Hoping for POR (again) - we spent our honeymoon there and have stayed 3 times since with the kids. It will depend on deals, and hopefully free dining. Otherwise will explore Disney Springs hotels for the first time. So excited!

August 18-26 at AKL!!! So excited!!! It was going to be one night there and then a cruise on the Fantasy, but I decided I will do a book-on-board for Pres Week 2018 while I'm on the Magic Feb 2017 so I can get the onboard credit. And since my airfare was already purchased... :)

Now that a good bunch of us are actually booked, I went through and pulled confirmed dates/resorts and added them to page 1!! Let me know your dates/resort if you don't see yours there. :)

I'm in for August!!

Poly 8/18-26!!! First time at my dream resort!! So excited!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter