*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

Summer 2016 we tried something new, we stayed off site for the first time ever, and I have to say, it was a wonderful experience! For the most part, I found that driving into the parks didn't take any more time than taking a bus from onsite (with the exception of MK), and opened up the world outside of the world. We spent some time shopping and dining on Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, and very much enjoyed our experiences there. We stayed in a rental vacation home which cost us less than staying at Disney, and was AMAZING!

For summer 2017, we are planning on staying offsite again. In addition, this year instead of getting 10 day park tickets (which we have done every year for the past 8 years) we are thinking about getting 9 day tickets, and spending an extra day outside of Disney to peruse the gift shops, perhaps take a helicopter tour, and see the car cruise at Old Town.

Like another poster, my husband and I will be celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary and his 50th Birthday. We, along with our 2 teenage boys, will be in WDW Aug 13-27. This is our first time going for that long. So excited. We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Also a first for us.

Like another poster, my husband and I will be celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary and his 50th Birthday. We, along with our 2 teenage boys, will be in WDW Aug 13-27. This is our first time going for that long. So excited. We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Also a first for us.

Congratulations on the 20 year anniversary!!!! May of 2017 will be 20 years for my wife and I as well!

I have done 12 day stays at Disney World many times, and find they are a wonderful length. It allows us 10 days in the parks, with 2 slower paced days in between to rest a bit, great for enjoying the resort, taking the boat down to Disney Springs, or adventuring off property some. Port Orleans Riverside is our favorite place to stay on property. We always ask for Alligator Bayou when we stay there. The vegetation is lovely, and the boat transport to Disney Springs is so relaxing! Hope you have a GREAT time!

We got back last week from our 7 night stay at POP and booked a bounce back for 7 nights at POR. I am seriously considering Making changes to our reservation though. I have friends currently there (at AOA and not loving it there) who are considering bouncing back too. Since I have a family of 2 and they are a family of 3 we could go at the same time and have a few options. 1 we have our own rooms at POP. 2 stay with my current reservation at POR and split the room, me and ds in one bed, friend and dh in the other and their dd in the murphy. OR They can book at Contemporary and we can split that room. I've done all the numbers and splitting a room at POR is the most economical ($823/pp). Our own rooms at POP would be middle of the road (#958/pp) and splitting CR a bit more ($1105/pp). I am SO TORN! It's my son's DREAM to stay at CR. Just a glimpse of it and he's talking for 20 minutes about how neat it would be to stay there. If they don't bounce back I'll definitely be downgrading our ressie to POP as it will save me $700 and just that difference will cover our airfare. The difference between splitting POR and CR ends up being over $500m which to a single mom is a healthy chunk of money so I really don't know what we're going to do yet. At this point, it's pretty much up to my friend and whether they book bb or not and if so, where.

We are going back next August as well. We just returned home last Sunday and we will be back August 22nd - 28th (not sure where to stay yet) and Sept 4th to 9th. we'll squeeze a back to back cruise on the Dream in between.

We are going back next August as well. We just returned home last Sunday and we will be back August 22nd - 28th (not sure where to stay yet) and Sept 4th to 9th. we'll squeeze a back to back cruise on the Dream in between.

We were finally able to do a cruise this year and loved it!! Love the Dream!!
We are going to wait until our DS is at least 3 before we do another one, just so we can enjoy more of the shows and stuff that we missed out on this time around. :)

Just returned home last night. We decided to go ahead and booked the bounceback offer for free dining....August 21-25 at POR Garden. :cheer2: I'm a little nervous about how much worse the heat and humidity will be, but those seemed like the best dates for us out of the options and we didn't want to pass up the bounceback. I initially wanted POR for this last trip but couldn't get it, so I'm excited about that!

For those waiting for the Magical Deals, the website is now saying late October. Arghhhh!

Just returned home last night. We decided to go ahead and booked the bounceback offer for free dining....August 21-25 at POR Garden. :cheer2: I'm a little nervous about how much worse the heat and humidity will be, but those seemed like the best dates for us out of the options and we didn't want to pass up the bounceback. I initially wanted POR for this last trip but couldn't get it, so I'm excited about that!

It's definitely hot but honestly, we just go out in the mornings and then take a mid day break and head back out at night. Not being in the parks during the peak heat hours is key I think.

Well! I booked a trip during my lunch break! The 2017 military discount was just released, so I booked that just to ensure that we get our CL room at the Poly!!! It's lagoon view because the rooms were limited, but I am so happy to have a confirmation # and trip booked!!! :dancer::dancer::jumping1:party::dance3:

Since the military offer was released, we booked 2 rooms at POR Riverside August 10-15!! It's my parents, my husband and I. We will be celebrating my husbands birthday and 1st visit! I am so excited! Especially since my mother and I just returned this past Monday from All Star Sports.

We're still going in August but have decided to stay off site in a house in Davenport! August 3rd - 13th -- hubby and me and all four kids :)

We booked the bounce back offer while we were at WDW this past August. We chose POR in a garden view with FD from 8/24 - 8/31, 2017. I'm waiting on the same magical deal. We may switch to BC if the price works out where we want it to. It would be hard to give up FD. I've got to really run the numbers to see where we would need the price to be, factoring in the upgrade to deluxe and paying OOP for meals.

Going August 18-27 2017!! Staying at AKL 2 bedroom savanna view!! Two families, six of us going, celebrating 21st and 20th anniversaries, 20th and 10th B-days!!

Last edited:
We're still going in August but have decided to stay off site in a house in Davenport! August 3rd - 13th -- hubby and me and all four kids :)

We rented a house this past August, and it was lovely! Will be doing the same again in 2017.

Just booked a 2 bedroom AKL savanna view for 8 of us on Aug 24th thru Sept 2nd..... Im too excited to sleep. LOL

Hi! I am in the process of planning our trip for August 2017. We will be there from August 17th until 26. We will be driving from Pennsylvania on August 17th. Last year we made it in 16.5 hours and I am hoping for the same next year. That'll give us 8 full days.

If there is free dining, we'll stay at CSR. If not, All Stars. Free dining is a huge saver for us, so I'm really crossing my fingers.

For those waiting for the Magical Deals, the website is now saying late October. Arghhhh!

I saw that message on the website too ..... but now it's gone. Now it's just states "We will be adding more offers, please check back soon!".

We booked our August 2016 magical trip in September 2015 so it's late this year. I hope they still offer the same awesome deal for August 2017!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter