*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

Welcome!!! I almost always have 2 trips booked at once, but not right now!!! I want to book August sooooo badly, but I'm waiting on a discount. It really stinks trying to be patient.

We're lucky they release our Free Dining offers so early. It's nice to know we have all that sorted now!

After much discussion, we have picked our dates!!

Still not booking yet because we plan on booking a bounce back offer when we're there in January!

July 30th to August 9th -- Caribbean Beach Resort

August 9th-13th -- Cabana Bay Beach Resort (Universal Studios)

Last edited:
Joining in even thought is seems like a miiiillllliiiioooonnnn years away!

Tentative dates are August 19-26, hopefully at Beach Club if I can again take advantage of a certain "magical deal" as I have in years past.

It will be me, my ex (still my best friend...long story), and our daughters who will be 13, 9 and 5. This is my "40th Birthday" trip kind of, but my birthday is really in December, it's just hard for us to get away that close to the holidays now that the kids are busy with school and activities. I won't be wearing the birthday button or anything, it was just more of an excuse to go! :)

It's really just been within the past few days that I've REALLY gotten the itch to start planning again, so I've been spending my downtime at work making plans and I was happy to see there was already a group started. Makes it seem not quite so far away.

Happy planning everyone!

Question - I am really looking forward to potentially our first stroller-free trip. My youngest will be 5 1/2, she should be able to handle it, right? We've been before and will be back again, and don't necessarily need to go commando.

8/27 to 9/2 - 2 rooms at Pop Century

Taking grown kids and grandkids for their first times ever... will be like my first time since my own first was just a year ago LOL

Wonder if they sell patience in any of those souvenir shops at Disney??? :scared:

EDITORS NOTE... after we booked we flew down for 2 nights to see friends and booked for next year as a BB with Free Dining. Cannealed our first reservation...

Lol we are only 5 people big one DD cannot go after all.

We are booked at POR - 8/12 TO 8/19. DD and DH will be going to the other side for one day whilst I entertain the GDS's

Last edited:
Joining in even thought is seems like a miiiillllliiiioooonnnn years away!

Tentative dates are August 19-26, hopefully at Beach Club if I can again take advantage of a certain "magical deal" as I have in years past.

It will be me, my ex (still my best friend...long story), and our daughters who will be 13, 9 and 5. This is my "40th Birthday" trip kind of, but my birthday is really in December, it's just hard for us to get away that close to the holidays now that the kids are busy with school and activities. I won't be wearing the birthday button or anything, it was just more of an excuse to go! :)

It's really just been within the past few days that I've REALLY gotten the itch to start planning again, so I've been spending my downtime at work making plans and I was happy to see there was already a group started. Makes it seem not quite so far away.

Happy planning everyone!

Question - I am really looking forward to potentially our first stroller-free trip. My youngest will be 5 1/2, she should be able to handle it, right? We've been before and will be back again, and don't necessarily need to go commando.

That's the deal we are waiting on. :)

We usually use the military discount, and still will if the magical deal doesn't materialize. Fingers crossed!

I'm another one waiting for that "magical deal" for 2017. :)
Hoping to go somewhere around August 20-30, but haven't firmed up dates yet, and we're hoping to stay at the Contemporary. Ideally, we want to have 6 park days, plus our travel days, but if we can get a deal, we might make it a longer trip. :) DH has requested additional time in Epcot, since we only had one day there last time... oh fine twist my arm! :rotfl:

I'm another one waiting for that "magical deal" for 2017. :)
Hoping to go somewhere around August 20-30, but haven't firmed up dates yet, and we're hoping to stay at the Contemporary. Ideally, we want to have 6 park days, plus our travel days, but if we can get a deal, we might make it a longer trip. :) DH has requested additional time in Epcot, since we only had one day there last time... oh fine twist my arm! :rotfl:

:welcome:

Hopefully the deal comes out soon, because I really want to have my trip booked already - it's killing me!!!!:sad:

:welcome:

Hopefully the deal comes out soon, because I really want to have my trip booked already - it's killing me!!!!:sad:

Same here! I have the $200 deposit set aside and ready to go! If I remember correctly, this year's deal came out shortly after the previous one ended, so probably right after Labor Day or shortly after. So soon!!!

Same here! I have the $200 deposit set aside and ready to go! If I remember correctly, this year's deal came out shortly after the previous one ended, so probably right after Labor Day or shortly after. So soon!!!

Yes! The agent I usually deal with said late August, early September hopefully. Trying so hard to be patient!

Thanks, Mousemommy! :disrocks:

Honestly, I don't know who is more excited, me or the kids. The other day DD was completely absorbed in playing with some other kids, when out of nowhere she suddenly ran over to me, grabbed my arm and yelled "I'm just so excited I can't stand it!" I asked her what she was excited about, and she said "Going to Disney!!!" :earboy2: The mom next to me asked when we were going- and didn't quite understand when I had to admit it was over a year away and we hadn't actually booked it yet. I got a pretty big o_O at that one... Oh well!!

Thanks, Mousemommy! :disrocks:

Honestly, I don't know who is more excited, me or the kids. The other day DD was completely absorbed in playing with some other kids, when out of nowhere she suddenly ran over to me, grabbed my arm and yelled "I'm just so excited I can't stand it!" I asked her what she was excited about, and she said "Going to Disney!!!" :earboy2: The mom next to me asked when we were going- and didn't quite understand when I had to admit it was over a year away and we hadn't actually booked it yet. I got a pretty big o_O at that one... Oh well!!

:rotfl:

Too funny!

We are still waiting patiently to book, but by the end of this week we will drop into the "less than a year" territory for the trip! :banana::dancer:

Reaaaaalllllyyyy getting antsy now! I literally have the entire trip planned. We're driving from Wisconsin for the first time with kids (drove there one other time AS a kid), and I have also planned a day in Atlanta at World of Coke and Centennial Park.

Just ready to book so that it's real and the planning can officially start!

I am soooooo antsy!!! I am obsessively checking and waiting for a good deal! Come on already, I want to spend my monies!!!!

We just got home yesterday (Aug 25th) from our stay this year, and I'm already looking at things for next August.

We stayed off site for the first time ever this summer, and I have to say, I loved it. We were about 25 minutes or so away from the parks, had a beautiful house with a private pool, full kitchen, and washer / dryer. It was amazing.

We are looking at house rentals a bit closer to the parks for this coming August.

It looks like it will be the wife and I, our two kids (DS13, and DD22) and my mother.

As for dates, we are looking at August 11th through the 21st, of course, that could change once we get to the point of actually making reservations.

I ran a memory maker share this year (well, actually, still running it right now, will have members in the parks for a bit over a week yet) and have been very pleased with how it has worked out.

So, let me ask now, is there anyone that might be interested in participating in a share for August 2017? I would be happy to be a member, or to run the share, either way is fine by me.

Just looked in my emails from last year. The "magical email" didn't come until September 23. Too far away!

Yeah, I checked in with our agent a few days ago, and she said "Hopefully October!" - What!?!?! OCTOBER!?!?! :sad::sad:

Ughhhhhhh...... I guess on a positive note, once we're all officially booked, we're that much closer to the trip? I know, I'm grasping here! ;-)

Looks like we might be there the same time as you according to your ticker? We're shooting for Polynesian August 19-26.

Ughhhhhhh...... I guess on a positive note, once we're all officially booked, we're that much closer to the trip? I know, I'm grasping here! ;-)

Looks like we might be there the same time as you according to your ticker? We're shooting for Polynesian August 19-26.

Yes!!! Looking for Poly from 8/20 - 8/29!!!!! Keeping fingers crossed!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!