"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, during normal hours, the Mickey in the Town Square talks and wears his typical tux.

During the party, starting at 7PM I was told, he switches into his Halloween costume. But does he still talk? It would be neat for Halloween Mickey to actually say Happy Birthday to my husband when we meet him.
If I recall correctly yes he does talk

You sit on the ground in the Plaza Gardens. I've read the view is much better through because it's straight on. It's also less crowded than the rest of the hub because it's blocked off.

So, the advice has always been to sit in that area in front of Casey's, I'm assuming this now means that that area is officially out?

I'm not one to really dress up in a costume but I wanted to wear something festive. I was thinking of picking up this dress to wear to the party. I'll probably wear some cropped leggings or bike shorts underneath for comfort. Does it look festive enough?

edit: oops it linked the pineapple style, I was thinking the Bats one!
I love the bat dress! And it looks comfy and light weight, perfect for the party.

So, during normal hours, the Mickey in the Town Square talks and wears his typical tux.

During the party, starting at 7PM I was told, he switches into his Halloween costume. But does he still talk? It would be neat for Halloween Mickey to actually say Happy Birthday to my husband when we meet him.

Yes he does!

So, the advice has always been to sit in that area in front of Casey's, I'm assuming this now means that that area is officially out?
No, Casey's garden will still be open. The dessert party only uses the Plaza garden. But since both were open in the past, I suspect Casey's side will be doubly crowded now.

ETA: The HEA dessert party only uses the Plaza side. Assume this will be the same?

You sit on the ground in the Plaza Gardens. I've read the view is much better through because it's straight on. It's also less crowded than the rest of the hub because it's blocked off.
And to add, there IS seating on the terrace during the dessert potion. You're just on a different level than those with terrace viewing, who will stay at their tables for the show.

What are the lines usually like for Mickey during the party? As of now we're slated to go before 7pm but I would rather do it when he's in his Halloween costume.

Our party of 17 on 9/24 were able to make FP's today for that date, and our first priority was Mickey at Town Square, as we all have matching 'Vintage Mouseketeer' costumes. I'm only in charge of making FP for 4 people for that party - and wouldn't you know, Mickey was completely sold out that afternoon. Zero availability, for 1 or for 4.

I placed the only TWO FP it would let me make (4-5 and 5-6) for other attractions, and we'll just have to hope that 17 of us can make it in the standby line from 4-4:45, leaving us enough time to dash to the waning minutes of our first FP.

I love Disney, I love the Halloween party. But this week has been a drag, with Disney CMs accidentally deleting my 91 year old mother's magic band from 2014, and being unable to retrieve it; CMs accidentally deleting my nephew's profile and 2nd MNSSHP ticket from my profile (I was the purchaser); and now the hassle with FPs. I actually found it easier to do back in 2014, and then could easily get 3 FPs from 4-7.

No wonder I'm spending the main theme park days of this trip at Universal, not Disney. I'm quite looking forward to just picking what ride we want to go on, when we want. I've been through no FastPass at Disney to paper FP to electronic FP+ and it just keeps getting more of a hassle.

Just a little sad today. I know when we get to our two MNSSHPs I will be extremely happy and excited!

Hi. I am curious what the proper "etiquette" is for holding a spot on line for a child at MNSSHP for a character. Is it appropriate for me to hold a spot for my daughter on line to meet Moana while she goes and hits a few of the trick or treating spots? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter