• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off property resort recommendation

PirateFrank

Avast!
Hey folks!
Looking for off-property hotel recommendations!! My wife and I are looking to drop into Orlando for a long weekend in October...there's no availability at WDW for the weekend we are targeting, so I'm trying to find an alternative. Our main criteria is a relaxing resort with a great pool, lots of lounging space, poolside bar service and a few good food/restaurant options on site. We plan to hit only one theme park (Epcot for F&W) and maybe go to Disney Springs for dinner one night. The rest of the weekend is going to be spent at the hotel - recharging and relaxing.

TIA for any recommendations you may have!

Best bet is probably to stick to the Disney Springs partner hotels(Disney official). You'd get early entry which is needed if you want a good Guardians time.

Look at any of the timeshare resorts-they have as good if not better units, prices, amenities than any Disney propert (Look at Sheraton vistana or Marriot vacation clubs). Flamingo crossing also has some new hotels. Assuming you are driving anyway? Most Disney springs hotels have resort and parking fees but if you move a couple miles out you’ll have choices without the extra $$grab fees

Hey folks!
Looking for off-property hotel recommendations!! My wife and I are looking to drop into Orlando for a long weekend in October...there's no availability at WDW for the weekend we are targeting, so I'm trying to find an alternative. Our main criteria is a relaxing resort with a great pool, lots of lounging space, poolside bar service and a few good food/restaurant options on site. We plan to hit only one theme park (Epcot for F&W) and maybe go to Disney Springs for dinner one night. The rest of the weekend is going to be spent at the hotel - recharging and relaxing.

TIA for any recommendations you may have!

WELL, if you are looking at Disney Springs hotels Hilton Lake Buena Vista Palace is only one with a great pool with amenities. Good food options would be Disney Springs.

I would look at the Hilton Bonnet Creek & Waldorf Astoria, they sit together and meet all your requirements. Minutes to Disney Springs if you want to leave there. There is also the Wyndham Grand at Bonnet Creek, a hotel sitting amid the resort.

Marriott World Center would meet all your needs but it's a huge hotel and stays quite busy so not sure I'd call it relaxing. We stay there at their vacation club units.

WELL, if you are looking at Disney Springs hotels Hilton Lake Buena Vista Palace is only one with a great pool with amenities. Good food options would be Disney Springs.

I would look at the Hilton Bonnet Creek & Waldorf Astoria, they sit together and meet all your requirements. Minutes to Disney Springs if you want to leave there. There is also the Wyndham Grand at Bonnet Creek, a hotel sitting amid the resort.

Marriott World Center would meet all your needs but it's a huge hotel and stays quite busy so not sure I'd call it relaxing. We stay there at their vacation club units.

Just FYI, the Hilton Bonnet Creek was redone and is now a Signia By Hilton, a new brand with a more modern style. It still has some of the same features, like use of the Waldorf pool.

*Full disclosure: I do work for Hilton.

Just FYI, the Hilton Bonnet Creek was redone and is now a Signia By Hilton, a new brand with a more modern style. It still has some of the same features, like use of the Waldorf pool.

*Full disclosure: I do work for Hilton.
Yes, I know and almost called it that but it's so new I thought for here I'd just refer to it as most know. Surprising I was looking to book after the new year and found Waldorf was less expensive! :scratchin So since you are in the know are they aiming for Signia to be higher tier than Waldorf? or are prices reflecting renovation costs?

*Full disclosure: I am Hilton Diamond and most often Hiltons are my suggested hotels. I do stay in Marriott Vacation Club often, but for just a hotel room always seem to find Hilton my best value.

Yes, I know and almost called it that but it's so new I thought for here I'd just refer to it as most know. Surprising I was looking to book after the new year and found Waldorf was less expensive! :scratchin So since you are in the know are they aiming for Signia to be higher tier than Waldorf? or are prices reflecting renovation costs?

*Full disclosure: I am Hilton Diamond and most often Hiltons are my suggested hotels. I do stay in Marriott Vacation Club often, but for just a hotel room always seem to find Hilton my best value.

Great that you are a Diamond member! I hope you always have great stays with us.

Signia is a very new brand, but it is not quite in the "Luxury" tier like Waldorf. It should be similar in scale to a Hilton, but with a focus on modern style and business-friendly amenities and meeting space. It may seem odd to have a business hotel near WDW, but actually lot of meetings come through that area. I have not had a chance to visit that property yet, but it is supposed to be very nice!

*Again, I do work for Hilton. I have to mention that when making any social posts about one of our properties.

Great that you are a Diamond member! I hope you always have great stays with us.

Signia is a very new brand, but it is not quite in the "Luxury" tier like Waldorf. It should be similar in scale to a Hilton, but with a focus on modern style and business-friendly amenities and meeting space. It may seem odd to have a business hotel near WDW, but actually lot of meetings come through that area. I have not had a chance to visit that property yet, but it is supposed to be very nice!

*Again, I do work for Hilton. I have to mention that when making any social posts about one of our properties.
My sister stayed there several times when at Disney for soccer tournaments (no parks) and they loved it.

I have stayed at it's "sister/twin" Hilton Orlando by the convention center. Loved it. The pool amenities are great, the added activities like fire pit, putt putt, s'mores etc were special add ons. The best was the HH lounge on the top floor - not sure how all that is handled since COVID. Staff was exceptional.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at either one, with Bonnet Creek being an AWESOME Disney location.

I'd check Wyndham Bonnet Creek. You can rent a timeshare for about $100 a night through VRBO. 5 pools and 3 lazy rivers

I enjoyed my stay at Hilton LBV. Keep in mind that staying at the partner Disney Springs hotel does give you early park entry but does not allow you to buy the individual lightning lanes (for attractions like Guardians or Rise) at 7 am. That is only for Disney resort hotels, Swan & Dolphin, and Shades of Green.

Have you tried the Swan/Dolphin?

We stayed at The Hampton Inn in Lake Buena Vista for one night (arrived early) and have also stayed at the Holiday Inn in Disney Springs (much closer to DS). There are quiet a few choices.

We just got back from a trip that included a one night stay at the Hilton lake buena vista disney springs. I was looking forward to this stay and perhaps booking a longer stay for the near future. Unfortunately I will not be returning nor can I recommend this property. The resort fee of $35 is mainly for their park shuttle,as the 2 bottles of water and 2 "free" coffee are not needed, so it would be cheaper to just drive to the parks and pay to park.

But that isn't why I wouldn't recommend them, our party of eight in 4 rooms all encountered dismissive and at times rude employees who honestly outright lied.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter