**October 27 2009, 180 Day Reservation Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
PARTIAL
Just a silly question, what bright bulb thought that putting up all the dining ressies for the next 180 days IN ONE DAY was a good idea????????:confused3 We are not experts but it seems everyone on the Boards knew today was going to be trouble. Why not stagger it? It' just created unnecessary frustration. I really feel for the CM's today. They couldn't be more pleasant on the phone. I could only imagine the kind of day they've had. I'm sure it wasn't "magical". :scared1:

I know today was a mess and I'm sure that Disney knew it would be but there really were very few alternatives. The change back to 180 days is in response to us customers. They could have a few days of misery and confusion or roll it out slowly and have many days of confusion and ticked off customer who called on the wrong day, were misinformed about when to call or even were calling to see when they could call. I really feel that doing everything at once was the lesser of the two evils. It seems that most people have gotten through eventually; not many have completely given up.

Was it fun - no. Could it have been handled better - maybe. Did we all survive - I think so.

For those who have gotten their reservations - congratulations! For those who haven't - I'm sorry & I'm sending good vibes your way that you can get through and get what you want.

Have a great night everyone.

:banana: OK, just got off the phone. Was on hold for over twenty five minutes...not too bad! I'm glad that I just called in the end, probably easier than trying to do it online. And.... I got everything I wanted!!!
Tutto Italia
Beirgarten
Citrico's
Jiko
Tusker House w/ Finding Nemo seating
Tony's Town Square
1900 Park Fare for character breakfast
Breakfast at Kona Cafe
50's Primetime
Sci Fi
Flying Fish
Chefs de France
...and the icing on the cake: Cali Grille on Valentine's Day in time for Wishes!!!!!! :lovestruc:love::banana:
I couldn't be happier and it all just seems so much more real. This is all really happening!

Same story here. Late last night I had all the restaurants loaded in tabs ready to retrieve my reservation, refresh, and go this morning. At 4:48 a.m. I sat down at my computer for the site fiasco. Had to go to work. DW and I called throughout the day. Twice I got through to be told the system was down. At 4:15, I got through with a 12 minute wait and 20 minutes with a very helpful CM who got me everything we wanted. At 4:47 p.m., I hung up the phone.

We got Chef Mickey's, Ohana, Yak & Yeti, Boma, LeCellier, Akershus, Biergarten, and Crystal Palace. 11 hours and 59 minutes and over 100 phone calls later, we had everything.
Congrats!

:woohoo:Just got all mine done!:woohoo: Tired to this AM, but halfway through the system crashed:sad2: So here's what I have:

March:
20th - TRex @ 2pm; O'Hana @ 9:30pm
21st - Akershus @ 8:05am; Teppan Edo @ 6:15pm
22nd - Yak & Yeti @ 11:30am; Jiko @ 7:30pm
23rd - Crystal Palace @ 8:05am; Liberty Tree @ 6:10pm
24th - Kona @ 10:35am; Gardenview Tea @ 2pm; Narcoosees @ 7:45pm
25th - Sci Fi @ 12:05pm; Mama Melrose F! Package @ 6:15pm
26th - Le Cellier @ 12pm; Yachtsmen @ 6:10pm
27th - CRT @ 8:05am; Citricos @ 6:20pm
28th - Boma @ 9:05am

WOW - CRT for breakfast in March... this is contrary to what I have been told is available or up and running to even book. I am on hold right now cuz of your post. Fingers crossed that your booking of CRT for breakfast in March was not a fluke and I can get in as well now!!! SIX phone calls today have told me the CRT is not "in the system" past Feb 4... Hope it's fixed!!

listening to the music now - hope they dont hang up at 10 when the lines close!!!

Synderella's Mama

WOW - CRT for breakfast in March... this is contrary to what I have been told is available or up and running to even book. I am on hold right now cuz of your post. Fingers crossed that your booking of CRT for breakfast in March was not a fluke and I can get in as well now!!! SIX phone calls today have told me the CRT is not "in the system" past Feb 4... Hope it's fixed!!

listening to the music now - hope they dont hang up at 10 when the lines close!!!

Synderella's Mama

Weird, I was on 20 minutes ago and was told it's not in the system yet.

Synderella's Mama

Weird, I was on 20 minutes ago and was told it's not in the system yet.

I just got off the phone and was told that it is not available yet, and to call back in a day or two.

After calling all day and getting the "all circuits are busy" line I finally decided to just sit down with the phone and push redial over and over and over again until either I get through or I give up. 45 redials later I was in! The voice that tells me my estimated wait time go cut off so I went in blind having no idea how long I could be on the phone. 20 minutes later the nicest CM answered and I got ALL my ADRs including Le Cellier which is really why I was trying so hard to call. It was the last one of that day left and at 4pm but we will take what we can get!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Good luck to everyone! I hope tomorrow is a better daypixiedust:

I know today was a mess and I'm sure that Disney knew it would be but there really were very few alternatives. The change back to 180 days is in response to us customers. They could have a few days of misery and confusion or roll it out slowly and have many days of confusion and ticked off customer who called on the wrong day, were misinformed about when to call or even were calling to see when they could call. I really feel that doing everything at once was the lesser of the two evils. It seems that most people have gotten through eventually; not many have completely given up.

Was it fun - no. Could it have been handled better - maybe. Did we all survive - I think so.

For those who have gotten their reservations - congratulations! For those who haven't - I'm sorry & I'm sending good vibes your way that you can get through and get what you want.

Have a great night everyone.

The CM I spoke with today (one of many), told me candidly that they knew it was going to be busy, but "no one expected all the systems to crash like they did".

So apparently they underestimated it.

??? i hope to tell the CM that another poster stated that they got a reservation their for Breakfast about 30-min ago and perhaps that will make them try harder?? The past two CMs just told me it is not available and did not even try to look it up...

or is "Nutty Disney Mom" indeed "nutty" from a day of craziness and she has a PM ressie at 8:05PM - a time many others have for dinner - rather than AM as she hoped or at least typed???

i am going insane on this pixie dust song!

Sydnerella and Potato's Nutty Mama

I'm still on hold....have been for 40 min. Will I still get to talk to a CM even though they close at 10:00 pm? Does anyone know the answer?

I'm still on hold....have been for 40 min. Will I still get to talk to a CM even though they close at 10:00 pm? Does anyone know the answer?

good question! right down the middle of mainstreet will be running thru my dreams and make me crazy tonight!

Is CRT not available in the system for ANY meals? We're looking for lunch and I didn't even bother asking for it after reading on here no CRT yet. Really need CRT for lunch.

Finally got back through and got a SUPER CM - didn't catch his name, young guy and he was sooo quick!

am almost all set - still need my CRT lunch and there are 4 of my dinners I have to tweak - not sure which ones which time or keep what I have!

Couldn't call till I got home from work at 6:30pm EST. I finally got through at 9:25pm and waited on hold for 20min. I only wanted 3 ressies and got 2 of them at the exact time I wanted.

3/15 Chefs de France 12:00 lunch
3/19 LeCellier 5:45pm dinner

I wanted Raglan Road for St. Pat's Day (3/17) and nothing was available. I called RR direct and found out they do not take reservations on St. Patrick's Day. They will have a cover charge on a first come first serve basis. Guess DH and I will have to get there when they open.

We will be at WDW 3/14 to 3/21, but will not be on the dining plan. We plan on trying a few of the restaurants not on the DDP and are willing to be flexible, or eat more CS. We would like to visit Bluezoo, Shulas, HOB, Fultons etc. If we can't get a short notice ressie we will go to Plan B. Not sure what Plan B is, maybe wine and cheese at our resort laying by the pool or pizza at WPE.
We just got back from WDW, two weeks ago, where we were on the DxDDP and ate at lots of Signatures. The food was great, but the ADR schedule was very demanding and hectic. We have decided we are craving a more relaxed trip this time.
Good Luck to all with your ADRs and hope everyone has very magical vacations.

Got up this morning around 7a.m. and checked out the online system and saw that it was down. Did the usual pre-work routine, refreshing every 10 min or so and still it was down. I had an hour before I had to leave for work and tried calling but all I got was a busy signal. Tried a few times at work--it rang and went to the guy saying all lines are busy. (which I have to say: only disney people truly understand the ADR thing. I had to explain to my coworkers what I was doing, what an ADR is, and why it is so necessary to do it on or close to the day you can actual do them. I'm 100% sure that they didn't understand and think I'm insane for making dinner ressies 180 days in advance).

Came home and called a couple times, had it on speaker to prove to DH how busy it was and why at that point I had no ressies. The 3rd try around 630pm I finally got thru and sat on hold for 25minute. Excited cuz I got mainly what I wanted, and we get to try Le Cellier dinner on 2/4 *never been there before*.

So..for all of those discouraged or worried, just try tomorrow :) Just try to think positive. I don't think the online system will be back up until the rush dies down..but keep checking cuz ya never know!

(100th post yay!)

They did still pick up and I got everything I wanted:
2/8 - le cellier 8:05 pm
2/8 - ohana 8:05 pm
2/10 - tutto italia 8:10 pm
2/11 - boma breakfast & coral reef 8:05 pm

so relived! :)

Well, after 30 minutes on hold I got through.

And I got every one I wanted when I wanted. That was 2/1 -2/6

Tried by phone and on line on and off all day. Finally sat down at 9:30 and kept hitting redial and got through. Quoted a 30 min wait but I don't think it ended up being that long. I went in with the thought that if we don't get what we want we will just try some new things we had not planned on. I did not want to get stressed over where we ate. We will be at Disney and will have fun where-ever. Turns out I got everything I wanted for the 3rd week in April within 15 min of the times I requested. Got Chef Mickey's, Teppan Edo, Hoop Dee Doo, Kona and Le Cellier. (all for dinner). I think today was so crazy that many people did not get through and there is still plenty left. CM I got was very nice. When I mentioned I had been trying online all day she laughed a little and said "Yes mam, today has been quite a challenge"!

Does anyone know if it cost extra to do the hollywood and vine fantasmic dinner package? Thanksss for the help!!!
Keri

I'm sure it's been asked before... but have been following this thread throughout the day and can't find it....

anyone know when online ADRs will be working again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter