October 2016!

Hello!
I am not sure if I am in the right place; I am not staying on site :(
Does anyone know of an off site October 2016 board? If not I hope I am welcome here.
We are staying at Wyndam Bonnet Creek.
I just requested to join the facebook group as well :)

We are planning on a short trip, Friday, Oct 21- Wed, Oct 26. Will be doing MNSSHP Sunday night!

YAY! It's getting real! I'm working on advance dining reservations now to be ready for next month.

We are doing the meal plan with one sit down, one counter meal and one snack per day. I'm thinking we will do Chef Mickey for breakfast one day because it's in our hotel, one meal at Hollywood and Vine (the Disney Junior one) and one at the castle. (that takes 2 credits). Weare doing 2 days at Magic Kingdom, one at Hollywood studios and one at Animal kingdom.

We are staying 4 days but I may switch to 5. I really want to stay 5 so I'm hoping that there will be some sort of discount that comes out.

I have no experience at planning - does anyne suggest certain days of the week for certain parks? We are staying monday- friday and will have 4 park days. We aren't going to epcot.
One thing we loved doing was booking an early breakfast in Magic Kingdom before the park opens. They let you in early to make your reservation and we got pics in front of the castle with no one else around. It's a really cool thing to walk down main street practically alone.

One thing we loved doing was booking an early breakfast in Magic Kingdom before the park opens. They let you in early to make your reservation and we got pics in front of the castle with no one else around. It's a really cool thing to walk down main street practically alone.
This sounds awesome! Where did you eat? What time did you book it for? My kids are up early so this would be great for us!

DisneyWorld 017 - Copy.JPG DisneyWorld 012 - Copy.JPG
This sounds awesome! Where did you eat? What time did you book it for? My kids are up early so this would be great for us!
It was awesome. We ate at the Crystal Palace. It's a buffet and Winnie the Pooh characters walk around. I believe you can make a reservation early for the Castle dining as well. If I remember correctly I believe the park opened at 9 that morning and our reservations were 8:15... we went in at about 7:50 and got tons of photos and then had breakfast. You just walk through a special gate they have marked and the CM looks up your reservation and lets you in... the kids kept asking if what we were doing was allowed lol

I was VERY lucky with our dining reservations! I was worried because I've never booked for a party of 9 before. There were a few reservations I had to split us into two groups. I won't bore anyone with my plans on here, but if you want to see my ADR list you can check it out in my PTR linked in my signature!

Hi everyone! So my ADR date is next week. I have decided to add a day to my trip, so now we are staying arriving on a Sunday, (october 16) and staying until Friday. Not planning on making day 1 a park day.
Here's a rough schedule, and if anyone sees anything glaringly wrong, can you let me know?
Staying at CR: Arriving Sunday afternoon.
Sunday: Chef mickey dinner
Monday: holywood vine lunch
Tuesday:Cinderella royal table breakfast
Wednesday: Not sure - maybe luau at Poly?
Thursday: Akershus?
Friday: nothing planned

Any suggestions? We are a family of 5, kids are 6, 6 & 8 at time of trip. The twins only eat nuggets, pizza and waffles. We are willing to do expensive meals if they include characters or other fun stuff.

Thanks!

Hi everyone! So my ADR date is next week. I have decided to add a day to my trip, so now we are staying arriving on a Sunday, (october 16) and staying until Friday. Not planning on making day 1 a park day.
Here's a rough schedule, and if anyone sees anything glaringly wrong, can you let me know?
Staying at CR: Arriving Sunday afternoon.
Sunday: Chef mickey dinner
Monday: holywood vine lunch
Tuesday:Cinderella royal table breakfast
Wednesday: Not sure - maybe luau at Poly?
Thursday: Akershus?
Friday: nothing planned

Any suggestions? We are a family of 5, kids are 6, 6 & 8 at time of trip. The twins only eat nuggets, pizza and waffles. We are willing to do expensive meals if they include characters or other fun stuff.

Thanks!

My six months is on April 25th. What time does it open up?

And if i get right on should I be able to get Cinderella dinner and Obama luau?

I'm so excited that I was able to get all of our ADR for our trip that I wanted with one exception. I couldn't get the Crystal Palace until 9 a.m. which is a bummer because I love getting into the park early before rope drop! This is our third time going but I'm just as excited as the first time! It gets better and better!

Joining.....

We are going 10/29-11/7. Hoping to go to MNSSHP either 10/30 or 10/31. We will be celebrating DS's 10th birthday, my 40th birthday, and I will be running the Lumiere Challenge at Wine & Dine. Since they changed the 1/2 marathon from Saturday night to Sunday morning, we had to extend our trip an extra day. I'm 14 days out from make ADR's. Trying to narrow it down down. We want to try new restaurants this time. We know we are definitely doing Ohana, but that's about it. Need to lock it down soon.

My ADR's are done! My TA is awesome! I was disappointed that I didnt get a room discount but she said she would keep trying.

Going 10/22-10/27, ADR's booked!
Cape May
Boma
Chef Mickey
Yak & Yeti
Tokyo Dining
last day will be doing lunch at BOG

Just booked our October trip and I'm so excited! Who has been in October before? What are the crowds and weather like?
Been 5 out of the last 6 years. A lot depends on when in October, we've always gone during the last 10 days of October first few days of November. Weather is USUALLY great; however last year it was in the low 90's. So you never know what you might get but usually it's been low 80's. We've never had trouble with rain, all our trips are 6-7 days and each time there might have been one rainy day but I don't recall any prolonged rainy spells.

Crowds have definitely gotten larger over the last few years but if you plan your parks and fast passes accordingly it's not really been a problem. This year there will not be late October/early November Free Dining so wondering how that might impact the crowds. I hear the first couple weeks of October (particularly around Columbus Day week) tend to be busier so again a lot depends on when in October you are going. A good source for info is http://www.easywdw.com/easy/

My ADR's are done! My TA is awesome! I was disappointed that I didnt get a room discount but she said she would keep trying.

Not sure if you are aware but Hollywood and vine offers a Fantasmic pkg, where you get special seating for the show that night for eating there. I don't think it's any added money, you just have to sign up for the pkg. if you're interested in Fantasmic, that might be a good way to kill 2 birds with one dinner! :-)

We're going Oct 3-8th! First trip as parents so super excited to experience the parks with a 4 & 5 year old :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter