October 2016!

Pesky

"Who's the monkey?!"
Welcome! :welcome:

After months of neglect and abandonment, I have returned. (code: I totally forgot I posted this and found it again. Ahem.) Anywho, for those who don't know, on the "Doing the Happy Dance" sub-board of Theme Parks board is a more fulsome October board but in the meantime, I've scrolled through and tried to pick out who is going, when and where. I've ignored MNSSHP for now as there are several other threads about that and tracking that. I'm quite confident I have probably missed some folks so if you were one of the many missed, let me know by message or post. Also if you want to add info like dates or resort, let me know as well. Certainly not required.

Wood Nymph: 1-5, BCR
accountingbabe08: 1-7, ASMusic
2DisPrincesses: 1-7 Poly
mac3mpc: 1-7, Poly/AKL
arlinar: 1-8, AS Sports
DLo: 8-12, BC (happy birthday! :cake:)
MichelleYoung: 1-9, ASMovies
Chant124: 1-11, GF
Megster1123: 3-8
izzylovesmickey: 3-8, BCR
PeytonNAddiesMom: 8-13
Pesky: 11-19, AKV/PolyV
kristie73: 12-21, POR
lulu2121: 14-20, BLT
Treysar: 17-21, CR
princesstinkerbelle: 17-22, GF
Elevationist: 20-28, BCR
Matt T: 20-28
twinpines: 21-26, WBC (offsite)
RedWolf95: 22-27, CBR
Kingdome8: 22-29, CBR
montugirl: 22-29
dmore718: 23-30, AoA
LuciMarie: 26-11/2, SSR
1sttimedisneymama: 10/28-11/2, CBR
kiltclan: 10/28-11/2, FW
turtlebean: 10/29-11/7
anita46: 10/29-11/4, Swan
abiesmommy: 10/30-11/7, POP
hdh23: 10/30-11/7
SeeAnnaatWDW: GF
KristyP: DLR
HappyGrape: CBR
stormeks: POP

PRIOR POST:
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

::: crickets :::

sigh. Yeah, far away. Doesn't stop me from planning though! DH swears next time he won't let me know when we are going until exactly 1 year and 1 month before.

OH! I forgot the most important part of the planning -- why I'm out and about on the resort board. Figuring out where to stay! I think we will start off our vacation at the place which shall not be named for a day or so and then move to WDW. Thinking a split stay but I think for 7-8 nights I only want to do 2 resorts. And right now I'm considering WL (and VWL either through Disney or renting points), BC (and BCV), AKL (and AKV -- I see you are sensing a pattern, padewan) and POR or CBR if the budget won't hold us with the others. Truth be told, I'd cut out AKL right here and now -- it's great but it's far, far away -- and just stick with WL and BC if I can swing it but DH, who has been to Africa, has a bug u-uh, somewhere -- about going to this place. I figure some slow education might help get him over that. :) If not, well, there are worse crosses to bear!

Last edited:
I too am currently in the process of ironing out the details for an October 2016 Disney Vacation~ :thumbsup2 but it does feel like an eternity from now :sad1:

Last March was my girlfriends' first trip to Disney World and she can't wait to go back. I originally "estimated" that we would go every 5 years...however once she said "You realize that in 5 years you're going to be 30" (no offense to those older than me :rolleyes1) I had a bit of a reality check...this COULD be our last trip to Disney just the two of us. So here I am, not even a year after our last trip, planning our next trip.

I'm the one that does all the planning and research (based off of her valuable input of course) so if you're anything like me you've been visiting the Disney website almost everyday sorting through resorts, amenities, and pricing trips for this October to gauge what it could be like next year.

Staying at a monorail resort has been on my Disney bucket list since my first trip to Disney at the age of 7 so of course I priced out our vacation at all three resorts (I REALLY like the Contemporary) and while they are do-able they are on the costly side. I just like the monorail at Disney, its not a transportation preference that I'd like to stay at one of these resorts one day, I guess it just seems like you're more connected to the parks and I kind of see it as a ride in itself.

2016 will not be the year I cross this off my bucket list. Luckily for me, my girlfriend and I share an enormous love for "Finding Nemo" so we will be staying at the AoA resort in a Nemo Suite and how perfect the timing is with "Finding Dory" coming out June 2016. Sure it may be a lot of space for two people, but it sure will be comfortable.

Also, renovations for Disney Springs should be done in/by 2016, based on the pictures I've seen it doesn't look like an enjoyable visit with all that major construction going on.

I too am currently in the process of ironing out the details for an October 2016 Disney Vacation~ :thumbsup2 but it does feel like an eternity from now :sad1:

Staying at a monorail resort has been on my Disney bucket list since my first trip to Disney at the age of 7 so of course I priced out our vacation at all three resorts (I REALLY like the Contemporary) and while they are do-able they are on the costly side. I just like the monorail at Disney, its not a transportation preference that I'd like to stay at one of these resorts one day, I guess it just seems like you're more connected to the parks and I kind of see it as a ride in itself.

2016 will not be the year I cross this off my bucket list. Luckily for me, my girlfriend and I share an enormous love for "Finding Nemo" so we will be staying at the AoA resort in a Nemo Suite and how perfect the timing is with "Finding Dory" coming out June 2016. Sure it may be a lot of space for two people, but it sure will be comfortable.

Also, renovations for Disney Springs should be done in/by 2016, based on the pictures I've seen it doesn't look like an enjoyable visit with all that major construction going on.

Yay! Glad to have company! I was lucky enough to stay in the Contemporary in the garden wing long, long, long ago as a kid (uh, yeah, the Living Seas were JUST about to open) so I'd rather go somewhere with more fun theming for the kids.

FYI, consider pricing out the villas at the Contemporary (BLT, I believe, and there might be some garden villas). You might find the prices that way aren't as horrible as you think when you rent points from a DVC member. That's how we got into the Grand Californian at DLR. It's fabulous. Only thing is that it makes trip insurance vital, as once you book the points, you are locked in, so you want to at least be able to get that money back. Of course, you might want to do that though when it's NOT just the two of you and when easy access to a room for naps and such is of greater importance. I think Nemo would be fun, especially as you guys love the little dude, and with 2 adults, the bus ride and any hike to the room is totally bearable.

Just decided today that October 2016 would probably be a better choice then the late April I was considering. And I can spend my birthday there like I did at DL in 2013!

Will probably do a split stay at Pop and POR with the Fri and Sat at the less expensive resort. Will not do MNSSHP

I just started planning for October 2016 too! We were planning on January but could use the extra time to save, plus I really want to go to Food and Wine!

Just started thinking about October 2016 tonight! Originally had planned July of this year but cold feet about the price of the vacation so I backed out. Having a family of 5 is hard for resorts! Not sure where we want to stay and DVC is probably out of the question as we will need time to save and make payments. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thinking maybe 6 days and 7 nights.

Just started thinking about October 2016 tonight! Originally had planned July of this year but cold feet about the price of the vacation so I backed out. Having a family of 5 is hard for resorts! Not sure where we want to stay and DVC is probably out of the question as we will need time to save and make payments. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thinking maybe 6 days and 7 nights.

I was looking into resorts for my sister and her family (5 of them) so what I found is this -- 2 rooms at All Stars or Pop, family suite at ASM, family suite at AoA, or POR. So I'd start watching prices there.

DH is FINALLY ready to start talking about it and interested in hotel say. Primarily because he really wants a monorail resort whereas I'm okay with relying on other transportation. Of course, now he's in sticker shock at the price. :)

Does anyone have experience with the weather in the beginning of October? We are planning the very first week, which **************.net says is still peak hurricane season. I know Florida weather is unpredictable. Just anyone's past experience would be helpful

Joining!! We are tentatively looking at the last weekend (Thurs-Sun) in October. The kids' school calendar for 2015/16 hasn't come out yet, so I am hoping that will be the weekend where they have Friday off. :D

I was looking into resorts for my sister and her family (5 of them) so what I found is this -- 2 rooms at All Stars or Pop, family suite at ASM, family suite at AoA, or POR. So I'd start watching prices there.

DH is FINALLY ready to start talking about it and interested in hotel say. Primarily because he really wants a monorail resort whereas I'm okay with relying on other transportation. Of course, now he's in sticker shock at the price. :)

We too are a family of 5. We will be doing either 2 rooms at POP OR if I can get a good AP room discount, we will do deluxe. We have stayed at POR and didn't care for it....it's another resort for a family of 5. We are trying to get the most out of our APs, so we are doing small trips and I don't want to spend a whole bunch on the room(s).

Does anyone have experience with the weather in the beginning of October? We are planning the very first week, which **************.net says is still peak hurricane season. I know Florida weather is unpredictable. Just anyone's past experience would be helpful

It will be hot the first week of October. I've gone twice the last week of September and it's upper 80s almost 90 during the day. I would say it'll be mid to upper 80s the first week. And chance of rain every day, but it does cool it down some. Mid to lower 60s for lows. We went the last week of October last year and it was upper 70s during the day, mid 50s at night. It was cool for me at night, so I wore jeans and a hoodie.

It will be hot the first week of October. I've gone twice the last week of September and it's upper 80s almost 90 during the day. I would say it'll be mid to upper 80s the first week. And chance of rain every day, but it does cool it down some. Mid to lower 60s for lows. We went the last week of October last year and it was upper 70s during the day, mid 50s at night. It was cool for me at night, so I wore jeans and a hoodie.

Thank you! Upper 80s doesn't sound too bad

Im also planning a trip for October 2016.. I am looking at more spending for the kids then on a resort at Disney. I have found a lot of house just a few miles from Disney for cheap and they are really nice ..

Still wrestling with resort decisions first and expected cost. I think I have a tentative schedule down that involves THREE :crazy2: hotels, but it's just kind of how it works out. DH has swayed me with FREE so I think for the first three nights, we'll do Hilton LBV. That hotel still gets early entrance but we'll just have the off-site fun for ADRs and FPs. Then we'll move to the Hard Rock for 3 nights for our visit to US/IOA. Finally, we will move to a Disney resort for the remaining 4-5 nights. And still undecided! I'm leaning away from WL now as it is so similar to the Grand Californian where we stayed. And even coming around on AKL(V) because their buses usually don't share with anyone else so transportation, while long, would at least be a bit more direct. DH really wants Poly or CR. I'm pretty eh on CR for the theming reasons I discussed but Poly might work if the budget works out. For the budget reasons, also considering POR, but I have a feeling DH won't dig the theming on that one. I'm also wrestling with the number of days. DH thinks I'm planning for too long but I'm planning a non-park day to pair with MNSSHP and he has admitted he was wrong on the # of days for DLR.

Any thoughts on the # of days? Right now we start out with 3 full days at WDW (likely hitting Epcot, MK, and AK) and then move to US/IOA for 3 days. After US, we would have either 2 days plus the MNSSHP or 3 days plus the MNSSHP. So for WDW that would be roughly 6.5 days (counting the MNSSHP as .5) or 5.5 days. Kids will be 7 and 9 at the time.

Still wrestling with resort decisions first and expected cost. I think I have a tentative schedule down that involves THREE :crazy2: hotels, but it's just kind of how it works out. DH has swayed me with FREE so I think for the first three nights, we'll do Hilton LBV. That hotel still gets early entrance but we'll just have the off-site fun for ADRs and FPs. Then we'll move to the Hard Rock for 3 nights for our visit to US/IOA. Finally, we will move to a Disney resort for the remaining 4-5 nights. And still undecided! I'm leaning away from WL now as it is so similar to the Grand Californian where we stayed. And even coming around on AKL(V) because their buses usually don't share with anyone else so transportation, while long, would at least be a bit more direct. DH really wants Poly or CR. I'm pretty eh on CR for the theming reasons I discussed but Poly might work if the budget works out. For the budget reasons, also considering POR, but I have a feeling DH won't dig the theming on that one. I'm also wrestling with the number of days. DH thinks I'm planning for too long but I'm planning a non-park day to pair with MNSSHP and he has admitted he was wrong on the # of days for DLR.

Any thoughts on the # of days? Right now we start out with 3 full days at WDW (likely hitting Epcot, MK, and AK) and then move to US/IOA for 3 days. After US, we would have either 2 days plus the MNSSHP or 3 days plus the MNSSHP. So for WDW that would be roughly 6.5 days (counting the MNSSHP as .5) or 5.5 days. Kids will be 7 and 9 at the time.

Sounds like quite the trip. I don't think there is such a thing as too many days, but unfortunately it all comes down to budget...I'd love to take a two week trip one of these days, but I feel I can make the most out of a 3 day trip and enjoy it just as much as a week long trip even though its likely that you will not get to see/ride/experience as much in 3 days compared to 7.

My $.02 regarding your trip;

To me the idea of hotel hopping sounds like a headache, though it makes sense since you will have those dedicated days at US/IOA and I'm assuming you have points for Hilton Hotels which is what you mean by FREE so if there is any chance to save a buck without affecting the experience I'm down.

I don't know your family, but personally it doesn't look like you have enough down time. Obviously plans will change on the fly and you may not spend the entire day at the park(s) and decide to go back to the room or resort pool for a while, but I like to plan a rest day (a rest day to me generally means sleep in, hanging around the hotel/resort, and a trip to DD) for every 3 park days. I would add a rest day between the first leg and the US/IOA leg of your trip.

Poly all the way. POR seems (to me) like a place you would stay without kids on a relaxing, laid-back vacation, never been so I'm just speculating.

Overall, if I were you (Hilton Points, visit US) I probably would have planned this the same way.

You're a DISer after my own heart! I've already started planning our October 2016 trip and started a PTR as well. There's no holding us back!! :rotfl2: You're a brave soul for doing a split stay. Once I'm unpacked, I'm done til it's time to go home lol although It would be lovely to stay at a Deluxe some day, and mybe we could swing it if we offset it staying at a value the other half of the trip :goodvibes

we are planning a pre cruise stay possibly at the grand Floridian, 3 or 4 nights. cruise on the fantasy is booked for Oct 22nd, long way off but at least I have an upcoming trip end of November to look forward to till then!

I'm in for October 2016! On Monday morning, I'll be booking my 3rd solo trip to Disney World, staying in a river-view Royal Room at Port Orleans Riverside, for October 24-28! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter