~~October 2016~~Sew, it was the greatest Stitch Experience ever!~~Final Update 3/19/2017!

Day 8 Part 3​

V and I took a (much too short) 1 hour nap...

We were up at 6:30pm, and out the door to the Poly via the Shady Shuttle at 7pm...

We decided that pork nachos at Captian Cooks sounded delicious for dinner - so we stopped on our way to refuel... Sooooo delicious!!!

20161022_185116.jpg

We headed towards the monorail after dinner, as we were walking out the doors - we stopped dead in our tracks seeing a familiar face - Cindy was sitting at the Kona bar waiting on her dinner... LOL I was just getting out my phone to call her to tell her we were on our way. We decided just to meet her at MK rather than wait there for her to eat... As we were on a mission.

We boarded the monorail - I noted that it was VERY crowded... I didn't expect it not to be, after all, it was Saturday and MK was open until Midnight...

Finally, finally - we remembered to bring all of our pictures to have the silhouettes I needed done... We had Max, Cooper, Thomas and Lara that all needed to be done on this trip. We figured this was the perfect time to get this done, as it was near the train station, and we knew Cindy was coming in behind us.

20161022_195050.jpg

20161022_195708.jpg

The silhouettes took a little while, and some of the pictures I had brought weren't quite right for the artist - so I ended up loading a few on my phone from FB... I would say - when all was said and done, this process took about 45 min to an hour for all 4 of them. They all turned out great - except for Cooper's, his look like he is a little deranged and a different breed... Which fits his personality quite well if he was a cocker spaniel. LOL Over all - I was happy with how they turned out... I may try for a better one of Cooper on a different trip with a different artist. ::yes::

Cindy met up with us... We started to head back to Splash Mountain for our FP window... As we got closer though - we realized we were really early... Not feeling like doing much - we found a secluded table in Pecos Bills and just sat there visiting.

20161022_203458.jpg

I cannot figure out where we took this selfie??? I think it was in Pecos Bills - so I will put it here...

20161022_211323.jpg

When our FP window came around - we walked on to Splash...

20161022_211031.jpg

20161022_211018.jpg

20161022_212028.jpg

As usual - riding at night is always a blast! And as usual - my pictures didn't turn out well.

However - I do believe we go the most EPIC of all Splash Mountain pictures! LOL Believe it or not, this pose is INCREDIBLY HARD to do - I think we pulled it off impeccably well! ::yes:: I believe it was an accurate description of our mood and our ambition level at this point in the trip. :lmao:

69BF35B8-6356-4EBE-8FC8-87CB4AE36B85.jpg

We headed in the direction of Tomorrowland, via Rapunzel's bathrooms... V was on a mission for Cream Cheese Pretzels - which were discontinued - but now (it was rumored) that they were back on the menu... Fingers crossed!

We arrived to the Launching Pad on to discover that they had closed at 9pm (it was 9:45) - but plain as day, on the menu board was Cream Cheese stuffed pretzels! :woohoo: Now if only they bring back the jalapeno stuffed pretzels in AK - we will be happy campers! ::yes::

Discussing our options and what we wanted to do... We decided, if we wanted to exit the park any time soon - it was now or never... Wishes was about to start and then we'd be stuck forever!

We decided to exit asap... We all took the boat back to the Poly, Cindy riding along with us, as that is where her car was parked. We parted ways at the poly... We called the Shady Shuttle for a ride when we got to SoG property. We made it back there by 10:15 and in bed at 11pm.​

Link to Day 9 Part 1

D~

Last edited:
Looks like you had a great day at AK and HS.

Crossing my fingers that Josh's truck repair won't cost too much so you can start remodel your bathroom soon. Bathrooms are expensive to remodel and takes a lot of time to remodel as well. Crossing my fingers that you will have the bathroom done before V's graduation.

Ulf and I played the board game 7 Wonders Duel again today. This time it didn't take as long to play as yesterday. We also knew the rules better so we didn't do the mistakes we did yesterday. It was fun and I think this is a game we will continue playing.

They are the best!!!! Some of our favorite memories together! Congrats on your trip this summer - you are going to have so much fun with your mom! It sounds like more people are going than just you and her? I'd love to hear about where you are staying and some of your plans! :)

We are very excited! My cousin (who is also graduating this year) and my aunt are coming with us--this will be the first time they have been since 2012, so I am beyond thrilled to show them my happy place! :) We're going to Universal for a couple of days and then switching over to WDW. We're staying at Pop for 9 nights (late May into June).

It sounds like y'all had a great day at AK & DHS! Early morning safaris are the best. :simba:

Thanks for all the updates. I feel like I'm not doing much right now either, I think it's just January in MN haha, but I have been organizing and cleaning house. And we are preparing to paint bedroom and re-carpet, so that should brighten it up around here. Looks like we are planning our trip to DW mid October with our 2 teens our daughter and SIL and our son,Dil and 2 grandkids. I'm hoping this will be a good time of year to go. And now we have the excitement of planning

They have stopped putting the pecan honey butter out on the buffet!! I was horrified!!! I found out, you have to specifically ask for the "pecan honey butter"
Well, no wonder I missed it--they were hoarding it in the back! I will ask next time (if I remember)

so we don't have this issue with a vintage one.
I understand that old tubs can have the porcelain re-done but I have no idea of the cost so it might not be worth it.

I think Josh is planning to do some smoking on the grill
We have a smoker, but when it's cold, it doesn't work well, guess we'll have to try using the grill!

I didn't realize SoG also could get packages delivered! Good to know!!

Photopass Joe sounds amazing!

So I was about 9 pages behind :( I have a ton of remarks but I'll give the abridged version since I'll probably forget some of them anyway. lol

So glad you had such a great holiday season. I've been trying to distance myself from FB so I didn't know about your phone troubles until just now. I will text you shortly so you can add me back into your contacts.

I love the MNSSHP parade. I'm glad you guys like it too, although the incident with the lady was horrible!!

That Tarzan looks familiar! lol He's the same one we had.

How nice that you got to have so many DIS meets. I completely forgot about the photobooths and I didn't even know they took them at DS.

I know I'm missing a bunch of other things I was going to comment on but my brain is foggy tonight. Hope you have a great week!

Great updates! Love all the fun photos you guys do there! How great that you have the chance to meet up with people as well. I am SO bad about that.

Fabulous updates! It looks like a such fun -- and I love that you were able to meet up with friends and that you had great PhotoPass experiences. I love that you get to know the CMs and create friendships with them. :-)

I've never thought to have the silhouettes done -- what a fun idea. I finally had a caricature of my girls done on our last family trip (August '15) and I love it. I wish I gotten one done on each of our family trips. One of our traditions is to buy Christmas ornaments on our trips, so we have a number of Disney ornaments on our Christmas tree.

Such fun poses on the ride pictures!

I love the shower curtain you bought -- and being able to get it with a gift card makes it even better. I love the idea of the clawfoot tub...I hope you can talk Josh into it.

It was SO hard to get up early for work this morning...so hard....especially since it was only 15 degrees outside and I was snug and cozy in bed. *Sigh* But back to the real world I must go....

Have a great day!

I'm baaaaaaaaack!!! It took me awhile to get caught up but it sounds like you had a lovely Christmas and I'm enjoying the newest updates to your TR.

You and I both got a lesson in the JOY that comes from Google Photos!!! They never did retrieve my phone from Rock 'n Rollercoaster because apparently with all the vibration in the area where I lost it, it is currently unreachable. I was devastated because of my pictures :( The helpful Verizon man on the other end of my insurance claim phone call mentioned my pics were probably all in Google Photos if I had a google account (which I set up when I got the phone and never thought of again!!!!!) I was bawling when I tried logging in to my account for the first time and saw all the pictures pop up. SO THANKFUL for that little bit of technology!!!

Loved your 3 updates!! It's so wonderful to see that you have local friends and Cast Members to visit with during your trips. You guys should have done a selfie with Photopass Joe :)

Yes - I definitely wouldn't pay any extra to get in early just to ride those rides... On top of that - you will burn a lot of that paid for time eating breakfast... I'd definitely cancel and continue looking for a different day and time for that ADR. I was always amazed at what I was able to find if I was diligent. ::yes:: Good luck!!!

Well - I can't speak for anyone else and their business model... And I definitely cannot talk about my business here on the Dis... What I can tell you though, is that Disney does print and sell licensed fabric, and that fabric needs to be made into something - as that is the intent of it... And if there is a market for the item being made... It's only logical that item will be sold. :lovestruc

I think your idea of wearing the running belt is a great one! I wish I could go bag-free in the parks, ahh but that is part of my whole outfit and image - so I just don't think I ever could. I do love my Sparkle-skirts though, and I love the pocket in the shorts - it is magnificent... I've seen many people use those as part of their outfits in the parks - and they work out great! ::yes::

Crocs with socks... I hate to say it - but I am of the opinion that ANYTHING goes in Disney... So - go for it - if it's comfortable for you! ::yes:: Especially if you have adorable Disney socks! :woohoo:

Hehehe... I was reading on FB the other day - a friend of mine just moved from MN to TN... Schools were closing and people were stocking up for the storm... She looked on all of the weather apps and couldn't find anything... She finally discovered that there was a 30% chance of snow and that's what all of the fuss was about. LOL We barely close in blizzard conditions... LOL However - knowing that I am a decent winter driver and could handle the roads probably pretty easily... I would NOT want to be on the roads with any one else with very little winter driving experience - and it's quite likely, in that area, I would be surrounded by many. LOL

I hope you have a great weekend! :lovestruc

Well, Grace and I weren't paying the extra $70 to do the EMM, but it's happening the same time as our BOG breakfast . . . which I need to pin Grace down about whether she wants BREAKFAST there in particular, because I was able to get a lunch at BOG that same day, and I would rather be riding rides instead of eating breakfast then, as a rule.

As soon as I hit send about the dresses and how sellers can do that, I thought, "Oh no, I hope Dorine didn't think I meant HER!" Because to me, what you do is ART. You use Disney characters, but the piecing and placement, and rendering is your own . . . which is AMAZING. The dresses are, in some cases, fabric with photos of, for example, Cindy's castle during Wishes. Straight up photos, blown up to cover the material. It reminds me of my brother's "date" shirts back in the 70s, LOL. I still think they're awesome.

I have to post this about our weather "event":
unnamed%2025_zps58flypqt.jpg

Atlanta TV news put 22 reporters on screen at once for winter storm. It snowed 1/4 inch.

It ended up not doing anything where we live. Not even one flake!

I have to say you guys take such good Photopass pictures. We did one, years ago when you could do Photopass shares here on the DIS, and I was so glad I only paid $20 for what we got. For example:

downloadfile-2.jpg

LOOK AT THAT. We all look so uncomfortable; the photographer had us facing the morning sun and everybody was trying to keep their retinas from frying. :laughing: Go ahead, laugh. It's awful! This is definitely the worst pic, but the best was still not good. I hate having my picture taken but I've realized for my kids' sake, I need to suck it up so they will have some images of me through the years.

I love your polka dot shorts! I was thinking how great they were and how nice they looked on you, and here you were feeling down on yourself. Women are so hard on themselves. When I lament to my husband that I look like a potato these days (cuz I used to have the cutest figure!) he calmly says, "I love potatoes!"

Wow! you have been a busy bee on the Dis! Before I forget- If they have the Starbucks mug, it is Yours! I would love to send that to you. Someone told me yesterday that they have a whole store that is just for Duffy, so I am very curious, too, to see what kind of different souvenirs and such that they will have.

I love the TR updates! I was afraid you weren't going to get to ride EE at all as you planned, but I am glad it finally opened and before it got crazy crowded on you. I was laughing at the pics of V and Tarzan- I can't imagine what he is trying to say, but her facial expressions are great. It is so great that you have gotten to know some of the cast members and that they remember you. I think that must add to the magic. I am glad you got to see your friends as well- Cindy seems to be a lot of fun! And the Splash Mtn pic! I would not be able to keep my eyes closed, LOL!

So, I haven't attempted the 30 Day Shred yet. I can't seem to locate my hand weights. They are probably still in one of the boxes in our storage room. However, I have been to the gym the past 2 days. It's probably laughable to call it a workout, but I am a little sore and feel that I have at least done more than I normally would. I need to find time this afternoon to go back to the commissary which will be my third trip this week! It is SO expensive to eat healthy & it makes me mad because it shouldn't be. Plus, things that are not so expensive in the states are more expensive here. It's just frustrating, but I am determined not to give up!

I hope your week is going well!

I am trying to take some time to catch up on replies this morning... :)

Looks like you had a great day at AK and HS.

Crossing my fingers that Josh's truck repair won't cost too much so you can start remodel your bathroom soon. Bathrooms are expensive to remodel and takes a lot of time to remodel as well. Crossing my fingers that you will have the bathroom done before V's graduation.

Ulf and I played the board game 7 Wonders Duel again today. This time it didn't take as long to play as yesterday. We also knew the rules better so we didn't do the mistakes we did yesterday. It was fun and I think this is a game we will continue playing.

We did! It was a lot of fun!

I hope so too - I am making the call this morning to find out when we can deliver it... Hopefully we can just drive it over there and leave it while they investigate the problem.

I hope so too! LOL... We'll see... We all remember how crazy last winter/spring was for us... I really want to get to work asap so we don't have a repeat. We'll see about the truck first and then we will go from there. ::yes::

Glad the game went better and you both enjoyed yourselves! :lovesruc

We are very excited! My cousin (who is also graduating this year) and my aunt are coming with us--this will be the first time they have been since 2012, so I am beyond thrilled to show them my happy place! :) We're going to Universal for a couple of days and then switching over to WDW. We're staying at Pop for 9 nights (late May into June).

It sounds like y'all had a great day at AK & DHS! Early morning safaris are the best. :simba:

That is going to be an EPIC trip!!! Are you all sharing a room or will you get separate rooms? And Universal was great too! You will have a blast!

We did! Yes - I don't think riding the safari at another time of the day would be nearly as exciting. :scratchin

Thanks for all the updates. I feel like I'm not doing much right now either, I think it's just January in MN haha, but I have been organizing and cleaning house. And we are preparing to paint bedroom and re-carpet, so that should brighten it up around here. Looks like we are planning our trip to DW mid October with our 2 teens our daughter and SIL and our son,Dil and 2 grandkids. I'm hoping this will be a good time of year to go. And now we have the excitement of planning

You're welcome - I hope you enjoyed them! ::yes::

Yah - I was just thinking to myself, as I laid in bed this morning - not sleeping... "Jan is half gone, now to just get through Feb"... LOL Once March comes - I can usually see the light at the end of the tunnel - so the dreaded weather becomes bearable again.

Yay!!! That sounds like fun - I love painting and carpeting - I really freshens up a space! :woohoo:

That sounds like a great trip!!! It is a wonderful time to go weather wise - and crowd wise it isn't too bad either. You will definitely enjoy yourselves! Happy planning!!! :lovestruc

Well, no wonder I missed it--they were hoarding it in the back! I will ask next time (if I remember)

I understand that old tubs can have the porcelain re-done but I have no idea of the cost so it might not be worth it.

We have a smoker, but when it's cold, it doesn't work well, guess we'll have to try using the grill!

I didn't realize SoG also could get packages delivered! Good to know!!

Photopass Joe sounds amazing!

Yes - and make sure you specifically request that stuff by name, otherwise they will bring you plain ol' butter and that's no fun!! LOL

I've heard that too - I would love to have ours redone, that would make life so much easier - I just have no idea where to start with that? :scratchin

Yah - I've heard Josh say that a few times too... I just send him out there anyways. :lmao: Kidding - sort of.

Yes - SoG does participate in package delivery - the only non-Disney resort that does (maybe the Swan and Dolphin do too?)... It's such a nice option. I think you have to have 2 days left before check-out to do it though? They always ask.

He is a sweet guy... Reminds me of my grandfather in many ways. :)

So I was about 9 pages behind I have a ton of remarks but I'll give the abridged version since I'll probably forget some of them anyway. lol

So glad you had such a great holiday season. I've been trying to distance myself from FB so I didn't know about your phone troubles until just now. I will text you shortly so you can add me back into your contacts.

I love the MNSSHP parade. I'm glad you guys like it too, although the incident with the lady was horrible!!

That Tarzan looks familiar! lol He's the same one we had.

How nice that you got to have so many DIS meets. I completely forgot about the photobooths and I didn't even know they took them at DS.

I know I'm missing a bunch of other things I was going to comment on but my brain is foggy tonight. Hope you have a great week!

Hey there!!! It's great to see you back! Don't forget to text me your number!!! ::yes::

Yah - it wasn't any fun... Thankfully V recovered from it well. The parade itself was awesome though!

Hahaha... As I went back to reread for spelling errors after I'd posted - I saw his pics and thought "man - he heavy lifts". LOL Check out those quads!! I am sure it's a job requirement... No beer bellies for Tarzan. ::yes::

Thanks - same to you!!! I've missed seeing you around here! :lovestruc

Great updates! Love all the fun photos you guys do there! How great that you have the chance to meet up with people as well. I am SO bad about that.

Thanks!!! We sure have fun doing the photos - and I sure regret it when I get home and have to edit them all. LOL

I love meeting my Disney friends! It's great to put faces to names! :lovestruc

Fabulous updates! It looks like a such fun -- and I love that you were able to meet up with friends and that you had great PhotoPass experiences. I love that you get to know the CMs and create friendships with them.

I've never thought to have the silhouettes done -- what a fun idea. I finally had a caricature of my girls done on our last family trip (August '15) and I love it. I wish I gotten one done on each of our family trips. One of our traditions is to buy Christmas ornaments on our trips, so we have a number of Disney ornaments on our Christmas tree.

Such fun poses on the ride pictures!

I love the shower curtain you bought -- and being able to get it with a gift card makes it even better. I love the idea of the clawfoot tub...I hope you can talk Josh into it.

It was SO hard to get up early for work this morning...so hard....especially since it was only 15 degrees outside and I was snug and cozy in bed. *Sigh* But back to the real world I must go....

Have a great day!

Yes - half the fun of our trips is creating those friendships and going back to check in on them! It's even more fun when they remember me. :lovestruc As I know they see a bazillion "friends" per day - it's a great feeling when I can stick out in someone's memory! :)

I love the silhouettes!!! I have all of them hanging in the living room - kind of a vintage art frozen in time... They are quite classic - I think that's what I love so much about them. ::yes::

I've never been able to talk myself into purchasing Disney ornaments - they are just always so expensive... And now I am at the point where I've never done it - so I just don't need another collection. LOL I sure love seeing them though - they are a lot of fun! :lovestruc

Thanks! I am excited for it to get here! Even though I am just going to pack it away until the bathroom is done - it's just one less thing I will have to buy then... Considering I am probably saving for a tub next. :lmao:

I bet it was hard to get up... I hope you had a great first day back to work! :)

I'm baaaaaaaaack!!! It took me awhile to get caught up but it sounds like you had a lovely Christmas and I'm enjoying the newest updates to your TR.

You and I both got a lesson in the JOY that comes from Google Photos!!! They never did retrieve my phone from Rock 'n Rollercoaster because apparently with all the vibration in the area where I lost it, it is currently unreachable. I was devastated because of my pictures :( The helpful Verizon man on the other end of my insurance claim phone call mentioned my pics were probably all in Google Photos if I had a google account (which I set up when I got the phone and never thought of again!!!!!) I was bawling when I tried logging in to my account for the first time and saw all the pictures pop up. SO THANKFUL for that little bit of technology!!!

Welcome back Miss Jackie!!! It's great to see you!

UGH!!! I saw your one post on FB - but I didn't even THINK about that!!!! How terribly sad!!! I wonder how many phones Disney actually gets to keep because of this??? I bet there is a huge pile down there (and in every ride...) I am so thankful for you that you were able to recover your photos too - we carry so much important info on our phones - it was a definite lesson learned on my part... If I don't back up anything else - I need to back up my pictures!

Welcome back again! :lovestruc

Loved your 3 updates!! It's so wonderful to see that you have local friends and Cast Members to visit with during your trips. You guys should have done a selfie with Photopass Joe :)

Thanks!!! I love making friends in WDW - it sure makes the trips that much more important and it definitely makes them feel like I am "going home" - even if it is only my 2nd home. LOL

Hahaha - I felt so badly that I had forgotten to do that... I did do one on a previous trip though... Here you go! :)

20151115_185251.jpg

Well, Grace and I weren't paying the extra $70 to do the EMM, but it's happening the same time as our BOG breakfast . . . which I need to pin Grace down about whether she wants BREAKFAST there in particular, because I was able to get a lunch at BOG that same day, and I would rather be riding rides instead of eating breakfast then, as a rule.

As soon as I hit send about the dresses and how sellers can do that, I thought, "Oh no, I hope Dorine didn't think I meant HER!" Because to me, what you do is ART. You use Disney characters, but the piecing and placement, and rendering is your own . . . which is AMAZING. The dresses are, in some cases, fabric with photos of, for example, Cindy's castle during Wishes. Straight up photos, blown up to cover the material. It reminds me of my brother's "date" shirts back in the 70s, LOL. I still think they're awesome.

I have to post this about our weather "event":

Atlanta TV news put 22 reporters on screen at once for winter storm. It snowed 1/4 inch.

It ended up not doing anything where we live. Not even one flake!

I have to say you guys take such good Photopass pictures. We did one, years ago when you could do Photopass shares here on the DIS, and I was so glad I only paid $20 for what we got. For example:

downloadfile-2.jpg

LOOK AT THAT. We all look so uncomfortable; the photographer had us facing the morning sun and everybody was trying to keep their retinas from frying. :laughing: Go ahead, laugh. It's awful! This is definitely the worst pic, but the best was still not good. I hate having my picture taken but I've realized for my kids' sake, I need to suck it up so they will have some images of me through the years.

I love your polka dot shorts! I was thinking how great they were and how nice they looked on you, and here you were feeling down on yourself. Women are so hard on themselves. When I lament to my husband that I look like a potato these days (cuz I used to have the cutest figure!) he calmly says, "I love potatoes!"

I don't blame you there... I am just afraid that if you have breakfast at that time - Disney will make you purchase the extra time in the park, just to bet here early - even though you are eating and not doing the rides??? Have you figured that part out yet?

Oh no - I didn't think that at all... :hug: Thank you though for your compliments. :lovestruc I just have to be incredibly cautious about what I say here on The Dis, and how I word it... So, I prefer to avoid the discussion all together. :) I understand your curiosity though. :)

Hahaha!!! Well - at least the news casters were ready! LOL At least - it was probably good for retail sales, as I am sure everyone stocked up for the storm? ::yes::

Thanks! We love doing pictures... LOL at yours... Believe me - we get our fair share of bad ones... I think - for Allison's TR, I did a post of PP Outtakes? If not - I am definitely doing one for this TR. LOL

Thanks! I definitely second guessed those shorts a million times before I walked out the door - my deciding factor was that we would be at Disney Springs and I wouldn't have any pictures of me wearing them. :lmao: Or not. LOL

That is the sweetest thing ever!!! Some guys really know how to make a girl feel good! :lovestruc Josh is much the same way!

Wow! you have been a busy bee on the Dis! Before I forget- If they have the Starbucks mug, it is Yours! I would love to send that to you. Someone told me yesterday that they have a whole store that is just for Duffy, so I am very curious, too, to see what kind of different souvenirs and such that they will have.

I love the TR updates! I was afraid you weren't going to get to ride EE at all as you planned, but I am glad it finally opened and before it got crazy crowded on you. I was laughing at the pics of V and Tarzan- I can't imagine what he is trying to say, but her facial expressions are great. It is so great that you have gotten to know some of the cast members and that they remember you. I think that must add to the magic. I am glad you got to see your friends as well- Cindy seems to be a lot of fun! And the Splash Mtn pic! I would not be able to keep my eyes closed, LOL!

So, I haven't attempted the 30 Day Shred yet. I can't seem to locate my hand weights. They are probably still in one of the boxes in our storage room. However, I have been to the gym the past 2 days. It's probably laughable to call it a workout, but I am a little sore and feel that I have at least done more than I normally would. I need to find time this afternoon to go back to the commissary which will be my third trip this week! It is SO expensive to eat healthy & it makes me mad because it shouldn't be. Plus, things that are not so expensive in the states are more expensive here. It's just frustrating, but I am determined not to give up!

I hope your week is going well!

Awesome!!!! Thanks so much!!! LMK how much I owe you when the time comes! :)

Awh!!! I love Duffy too - make sure you take pictures of the store! ::yes::

Yah - Tarzan was great... I am still in awe of his quads! LOL Those are awesome! I'd kill for quads like that - or maybe not - I am not willing to put in the work it requires to achieve them. LOL

I love that I have a few good friends down there - it makes the whole experience so much more enjoyable. :lovestruc

Maybe do it once or twice without the weights... Trust me - you'll still get an amazing work out from it without the weights - and it's probably better for you to start off without them anyways, as it's important to get the proper Range of Motion - which is easier to do with out the added weight... That's my recommendation anyways. :)

It is incredibly expensive to eat healthy - I think that's everywhere, not just there... and it's terrible that it's that way... I have a whole theory on that, which I don't feel like typing up today - because it will just turn into a long rant, LOL... But I do feel like our government and our agriculture departments do have a hand in that - and in the end, we are slowly killing ourselves because we are forced to purchase cheaper foods (=cheaper nutrition content) because we can't afford to feed ourselves food that is good for us... And they are lining their pockets with $$ because they have a higher profit margin on the cheaper foods... UGH!!! It's so annoying and frustrating!!! ::yes:: So, I do the best I can with our meager food budget... Which could be worse - I know families that can't even afford to have a food budget at all - so I consider myself lucky. But I feel your pain - I honestly do. :hug: Hang in there though - if nothing else - it's a huge eye opening experience for you and your family! :lovestruc

**************************************************************************************************

I have nothing great or exciting to update at all today...

Except for FINALLY - I heard back from Disney regarding my Believe Alex and Ani bracelet... I am sending it back to them today and they will exchange it for me... Hopefully it will still be in stock when all is said and done. ::yes::

Allison dropped a bomb on us this weekend... She's decided that she no longer wishes to continue cosmetology school... She loves it - but she hates working on other people... Soooo... now she is trying to figure out her next step regarding school... I'll keep you all updated... She has a plan - I am just not ready to make it public yet. ::yes:: Please understand though - Josh and I do support her in her decision and realize how hard it was for her to look inside herself to come to that realization, she loves the school portion so much, her classmates and teachers - so this is going to be a very difficult transition for her. :lovestruc Asking for prayers, that Allison can find the path that is right for her.

As for me... I am working out... Working upstairs... Making food... Reading books... Spending way too much time on FB and Pinterest and often times doing all of it snuggled under a blanket. ::yes:: Tis the season... Hopefully winter will be over soon. ::yes::

Sending hugs and Pixie Dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Love all the updates! Thanks you for showing the receipt from The Wave. I was curious about the price. I am hoping DH likes it.
That's too bad about the nail polish. I hate it when I feel like I have wasted money.
I'm glad you are able to get your Alex and Ani bracelet replaced. I got my first one the other day. My oldest daughter decided to surprise me with it. She oredered it from the Disney Store. It was so sweet of her. I am hoping to add a few more while we are WDW. :)
Love the living room picture with the dogs on the couches. That's exactly where my dogs have wanted to spend most of the winter too. :)
Will be praying for Allison. It's hard to decide what you want to do with the rest of your life when you are fresh out of highschool.
Have a great day!

well.. apparently i am the worst Dis Friend-- I was SO FAR behind!! or was it you being a updating fool??? either was i had a ton to catch up on and i don't remember everything!!

I adore the sneak attack pictures or poor innocent V.. Poor girl but still loves her mommy! which is the best feeling in the world!
I love your Dis meets. Best! and you have all your bags to post on your eye spy! very cool.
You my friend are the queen of photopass. and you look fabulous in all the pictures!
I really need to kick start my atkins type eating habits again. but cake ice cream and all the good holiday food got in the way. oh well.. back at it this year.

This trip is amazing. Even if you eat that awful concoction of peanut butter and jelly -- I know i have never tried it and shouldn't judge until i do.

Have you watched wishes at all this trip?

Sorry you had some terrible experiences with returning stuff.. I don't know why they did?? It's odd since their guest relations is really good about all that stuff! I had issues with stuff being delivered by UPS which wasn't Disney nor my fault and they were still amazing to help! I did get all my stuff back the week AFTER Christmas.

I really believe in 2018 we need another epic dis weekend. Where?
Think Josh would go to Disney if Tom goes?

I miss Disney.. and I really miss you!

speaking of Lemons:

Look at the weight loss here too!! AMAZING! and i found everything you lost!
I have more pictures but Photobucket just crashed out on me.

Stopped back here to catch up on your trip! Love reading along with your adventures! Your bags are beautiful! Do you have an Etsy shop or business link?

And Whoa.....I had no idea the silhouette artist on Main St could do dogs from pictures?! I had mine done there in the 80's on my first trip when I was a kid! And my son had his done on his first trip! I had no idea you could bring pictures!

I will have to remember to get the Shady Shuttle number and put it in my contacts when we arrive at SOG to save our feet:) great idea!

First day back at work was ok...but absolutely exhausting! I was SO tired last night. It's hard to go back to getting up really early when you haven't been doing it for three weeks.

I love my Disney Christmas ornaments -- they're the only thing I really collect, other than a specific company's dated sterling silver bell ornaments for my Christmas tree. Too funny that both of my "collections" are Christmas ornaments! I never realized that before. My parents had a tradition when I was growing up of each of us kids getting a new Christmas ornament each year so that we would have them when we moved out on our own, so we decided to do that with our girls. So every time we've gone to Disney, they got to choose an ornament to be their ornament for that year...and I decided I wanted one, too. LOL! And so that's how it began. I'm at the point now where I have 23 dated silver bell ornaments (two are missing...I can't find them or replacements), and my tree is being overtaken by bells. LOL I need to come up with a new/different way/place to display them for the holidays, unless I want my tree to eventually be nothing but silver bells. :-)

I'm glad Disney is replacing your bracelet. Fingers crossed that they still have it in stock!

I'll keep Allison in my prayers. It's tough to make decisions like that -- good for her for being able to look into herself and come to that realization and then be willing to act on it -- that shows great insight and maturity on her part. She'll find her path in life. :-)

Have a great day!

Hello there D - taking a quick break at work to let you know I am here and following along faithfully! Love your updates.

First things first; Allison will find her way; she has you and Josh's support and love and she has amazing talent and drive; many prayers for her D; short funny story; my niece went to beauty school a few years back; even graduated (which surprised everyone); then she started in a salon which I knew from her personality would not work; there is so much bickering and tension and drama among stylists; I think she lasted a couple of weeks and walked out and that was the end of her stylist days:) Can't wait to see what she has cooked up.

Love your TR updates; all of the pics! So awesome and yay for Photographer Joe and John; so much fun. Tarzan; whoa; I have never seen him the parks.

And can I say the Bambi outfit is the cutest thing ever? Hands down, the cutest.

I think you look amazing D; you need to believe that. The pic of you in shorts! Awesome.

Good luck on your bracelet ordeal and boo for grumpy CM's.

Have an amazing week; will be chiming in!

Always hugs.

Glad they are replacing your bracelet!

So great that Allison figured it out quickly. I'm always concerned that my kids (especially my oldest) will follow a path because they picked it and figured they had to stick with it. I spent a lot of time telling DS1 that it's OK to find out that what you thought you wanted changes when you get into the details. I think he listened. He did chance his major in college. But he also stuck to his career path that he first chose when he was about 11! She will find her passion!

Hi D!
Long belated Christmas & New Year's greetings! Nice to hear the little mug made it to you in time.

I've been enjoying your trip updates.

Prayers for Allison. I'm sure she'll find her way. I'm sure she'll be able to use her beauty school knowledge on family for years to come and great to find out now that this isn't something she wants then to regret never trying it in the future.

Today is Joe's 16th birthday. Emma will be 14 a week from Saturday. Lizzy got an incredible offer from SUNY Oswego-2 scholarships totaling $14,000/year plus admission to honors college. It's still her number 1 choice right now but still waiting to hear from Penn State (by 1/31).

Sorry to hear about your phone-I'll send you a text so you have my number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter