• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Obama supporters! - A positive place to talk about his campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting!!!!

Major Clinton fundraiser switches to Obama
Posted: 08:25 PM ET

Clinton lost a big fundraiser to Obama.
(CNN) — A “Hillraiser” – a major fundraiser for Hillary Clinton – said Friday he had defected to Barack Obama’s campaign. The official announcement will be made next week.

Gabriel Guerra-Mondragon – who served as ambassador to Chile during the Clinton administration – had raised close to half a million dollars for Clinton’s campaign, reports Chuck Todd, who broke the story.

"We're just bleeding each other out," Guerra-Mondragon told the Washington Post. "Looking at it as coldly as I can, I just don't see how Senator Clinton can overcome Senator Obama with delegates and popular votes. I want this fight to be over, the quicker the better."

He added that leaving the Clinton campaign for Obama's "was a very, very difficult decision for me to make. I am an old and longtime friend of Senator Clinton. And I continue to think she is a fantastic and formidable person. But I am first of all a Democrat."

Filed under: Barack Obama • Hillary Clinton

Anyone watch KET last night at 10pm?

I was just kinda sitting there with my mouth wide open when I saw the "chickens come home to roost" sermon.

I am just trying to understand why Hannity on Fox News didn't let the public know that previously to Wright's saying what he did - he was quoting an ambassador who was saying the same thing!

Totally wicked.
I wish I were Obama's campaign manager.
Just imagine what Hillary would have done with that being leaked out. She would go after Hannity and try to end his career.

I was just kinda sitting there with my mouth wide open when I saw the "chickens come home to roost" sermon.

I am just trying to understand why Hannity on Fox News didn't let the public know that previously to Wright's saying what he did - he was quoting an ambassador who was saying the same thing!

Totally wicked.
Just imagine what Hillary would have done with that being leaked out. She would go after Hannity and try to end his career.

I didn't watch, but I've watched the sermon. I guess some just don't want to hear or see anything that will take away their excuse to not like Obama.

Why? Because Hannity is a rightwing nut hack who couldn't find the truth if it bit him in the ***. And he's preaching the gospel to other rightwing nuts who lap his BS up and who don't to hear the truth.

How about this tidbit you'll never hear from neo-nuts? Wright was quoting one of Saint Ronnie's ambassadors with the "chickens coming home to roost".

The neo-nuts keep on saying that Wright preached this all the time, but they only manage play the same misleading soundbites over and over and over again. Makes you think what they're playing is all they've managed to find in a preaching career that lasted over 20 years. Tony Snow-job said the soundbites are just the tip of the iceberg. Must be a small iceberg or these rightwing gasbags would be playing new soundbites.

No one is going to tell me they aren't looking. Here's truism in life: You can't "find" what isn't "there".

Totally wicked.

The only people who can end Hannity's career are the neo-nuts who follow him. Since they're not interested in the truth, Hannity will be around for a long, long time.

Here's what I would do if I was running Obama's campaign. Laugh at her BIG victory in PA which consisted of 10-12 delegates over Obama.

Laugh at her claims of having more popular votes only if she counts 2 states in which she pledged not to campaign or run.

Sidebar: that's the kind of president Hillary would be too.

After the laughter subsided, I'd declare Obama the winner of the primaries based on the fact that he is leading in delegate count, number of states won, and popular vote.

It is a mathematical impossibility for Hillary to change that. Hillary will never catch up unless she convinces enough SD's that the truth doesn't matter, pledges don't matter, caucuses aren't real, and 52-57% negatives aren't all that important.

Goooood luck. :lmao:

Have you heard her new offer to debate without moderators? Just what we need, the 22nd debate. :rolleyes: If the voters in IN and NC haven't seen a debate by now then they just aren't paying attention. She just needs the free TV coverage since all that money she got after PA will only pay her debts.

Last night Dan Abrams was saying how he thinks it is a mistake for Obama to go on Faux News. I guess Faux has been running a count of how many days they have been asking him to come on their Sunday show. Dan thinks it is a waste of Obama's time and he should not go on a network that has done nothing but denigrate him and run the Rev Wright clip about a 1000 times.

I just wonder why Obama would do that. I doubt if there are many democrats watching Faux News, maybe the independents do?

I'm about 50/50 on whether he should take that offer. Personally, I think he'd eat her lunch in an unmoderated debate. Fact is, he's practiced law a lot more recently than she has, and she's had people deferring to her for a couple decades now. He would make her look like a fool.

The problem with that is, there would likely be blowback from that in some circles. Shrill could just get a good cry going - for the cameras, of course - and he'd look like a jerk.

In the end, I have to come down on the side saying that he should just ignore her like a particularly pesky fly. He's winning by every reasonable measure, so he has nothing to gain by giving her the free media and equal billing, as it would just serve the ridiculous notion that things are "close". Besides, I find it amusing watching her try to paint him as "scared" to debate her...after something like 30,415 of the bloody things over the last year.

I think Obama would do well in an open debate against Hillary but I really don't think I can stomach another debate between those two. I can't believe anyone is still an "undecided voter" at this point unless they've been living under a rock.

I think Obama would do well in an open debate against Hillary but I really don't think I can stomach another debate between those two. I can't believe anyone is still an "undecided voter" at this point unless they've been living under a rock.

I agree...how can anyone be undecided at this point???

I agree...how can anyone be undecided at this point???

Well, I want to vote for him, but....

....I heard he doesn't acknowledge the flag.
....I heard he was a secret muslim spy.
....I heard he's a wifebeater (have you seen Michelle?!? I think she could take him ;) )
....I heard his preacher is best friends with Osama.
....I heard he's...um...black.

Believe it or not, I've heard something similar to - or exactly like - those idiotic comments all over the place. The misinformation and downright lies out there about him are just disgusting.

I wonder about that too. There is so much info on their websites that all a person would need was a few hours to read it. I have never understood voters who say they don't make up their minds until they get to the polls.

....I heard he's a wifebeater (have you seen Michelle?!? I think she could take him ;) )

Believe it or not, I've heard something similar to - or exactly like - those idiotic comments all over the place. The misinformation and downright lies out there about him are just disgusting.[/QUOTE]

Nothing makes me angrier than to think people actually believe stuff like that. It's ridiculous..some people can be so gullible and believe such outrageous lies. Its almost comical to think some people think he is a Muslim, yet they also talk about the Rev Wright stuff...don't they realize something doesn't match up there????

I'm about 50/50 on whether he should take that offer. Personally, I think he'd eat her lunch in an unmoderated debate. Fact is, he's practiced law a lot more recently than she has, and she's had people deferring to her for a couple decades now. He would make her look like a fool.

The problem with that is, there would likely be blowback from that in some circles. Shrill could just get a good cry going - for the cameras, of course - and he'd look like a jerk.

In the end, I have to come down on the side saying that he should just ignore her like a particularly pesky fly. He's winning by every reasonable measure, so he has nothing to gain by giving her the free media and equal billing, as it would just serve the ridiculous notion that things are "close". Besides, I find it amusing watching her try to paint him as "scared" to debate her...after something like 30,415 of the bloody things over the last year.

Why in the hell would he, or more to the point, should he debate with a candidate he has beaten in the primaries? What's the point of the debate?

It's over and Hillary lost. There is no way on God's green earth she can catch up to him in pledged delegates and her claims to receiving more popular votes, if you don't read the small print that is, would be laughable if they weren't so pathetic.

Why in the hell would he, or more to the point, should he debate with a candidate he has beaten in the primaries? What's the point of the debate?

It's over and Hillary lost. There is no way on God's green earth she can catch up to him in pledged delegates and her claims to receiving more popular votes, if you don't read the small print that is, would be laughable if they weren't so pathetic.

I agree!

What else can they say that we don't know already?

Hey all! I haven't read the whole thread (geez 230 pages!! lol!) but I had to come show some love for my hometown fellow. :)

Politics, Disney and animals are my three passions. I love that there is a political thread on the Dis~~~combining two of my three. :goodvibes

Believe it or not, I've heard something similar to - or exactly like - those idiotic comments all over the place. The misinformation and downright lies out there about him are just disgusting.[/QUOTE]

Nothing makes me angrier than to think people actually believe stuff like that. It's ridiculous..some people can be so gullible and believe such outrageous lies. Its almost comical to think some people think he is a Muslim, yet they also talk about the Rev Wright stuff...don't they realize something doesn't match up there????

Well as PT Barnum said, 'no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people." ;)

As to the zillionth debate offer--I don't Obama should take her up on it and give her the free publicity.

As to the zillionth debate offer--I don't Obama should take her up on it and give her the free publicity.

Amen, brother.

And while I get wvrevy's comments about the flag, Muslim and Rev Wright...you really have to be either completely ignoring the campaign at this point OR already made up your mind about that stuff. A curious person would wonder if those statements are true and find out for themselves. Someone who's willing to be swayed by those statements will allow themselves to be swayed without effort on their own part to educate themselves properly. It's just a fact that that is easier for some people.

And while we're talking about it, would it not be better, for both candidates, to go around meeting the people in person rather than being talking heads on TV? I bet you money that if they happen to agree to a debate and it happens to be a beautifully warm and sunny evening that day, NO ONE will be watching. They'd make better use of their time in other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter