Oasis vs Freedom food options

coachsomer

Mouseketeer
Just got off of the Oasis with the podcast cruise, as the guys said, we found the specialty food(paid) to be
excellent, while we found the main dinning and buffets(free/included) to be very poor quality. DCL much better! Just booked a cruise on the Freedom and was wondering if on a smaller ship if the main dinning and buffets are any better then on the Oasis. One friend did Freedom and said that the food was good in "free dining" options. but they didn't do other paid options or other cruise ships or other lines. TY

Well I find the Royal food to be om the same level as Disney. Aka fairly poor. So I don't agree with those you were talking with. Also, we're vegetarian, so there's not a big menu for us to begin with.

There are fewer free options on Freedom than on Oasis. As for food quality, while it is totally subjective, for us the MDR food on Disney and RCL is comparable - both just ok. The best MDR we've experienced recently was (quite surprisingly) on Carnival - much better than either Disney or RCL. For buffets, I'd put Disney at the top, RCL in the middle, and Carnival a very dead last. Specialty ($$) is a bit of a different mix - there I'd put RCL at the top and Disney a close second. We never eat in Carnival's specialty restaurants, because the MDR is so good. In the evening, Disney's conversion of Cabana's into a sit down table service restaurant is top notch, but the variety and quality of RCL's evening buffets is actually (in our opinion) much better than what they serve in the MDR. Last week we had bananas foster for desert one night in the buffet, and cherries jubilee another night. The rest of the week there was a chef in the buffet making dessert crepes from scratch. None of these were ever offered on the MDR menus.

I haven't been on Oasis for a few years, but I found the MDR comparable to my cruise on the Fantasy, as well as on the Freedom. Well, in actual fact, I think I liked it best on Oasis- I found the food on the Fantasy pretty bland...same with the buffets honestly, maybe the Fantasy was a touch better?

We were on Oasis in November and found the food in the main dining quite good and the service excellent. Keep in mind that there are three main dining rooms on this ship so they may not all be the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter