NYC Dis Meet 8/24/12 Pre-Cruise w/PodCast members - DETAILS ADDED page 4!

Can you join us on 8/24 in NYC for this meet?

• I'll be there with bells on!

• Maybe...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Does anyone have any good parking suggestions? I assume the restaurant does not have its own parking...

I got the raffle tickets- they're single reel, so we will have to write our names on the back of the tickets we purchase. I'm bringing a bunch of pens for that purpose. Had NO luck finding bags for the tickets, so I'm bringing some red solo cups instead :cool1:

I should be in Manhattan around 6:30, which leaves me a ton of time to get up to the restaurant. Now I have to finish my work within the next two hours to make my train!

I always use bestparking.com

You can print out coupons for a couple of different garages and it won't be that expensive. Icon usually has the best coupons.

I always use bestparking.com

You can print out coupons for a couple of different garages and it won't be that expensive. Icon usually has the best coupons.

Yeah there is an ICON lot at 164 W 46th St which is just around the corner. Even without the coupon form best parking it is $16 if you enter after 6pm and exit before 7AM. (last time I had the bestparking coupon the guy said I didn't really need it but the site does help you find the best pricing near your location)

A bit further away
350 West 50th St has an after 6pm 6 hour max special for $14

and even more of a walk but still manageable (maybe 10 min walk)
1114 Avenue of the Americas (enter on 38 W43rd St between 5th &6th Ave) $10 after 6 pm up to 10 hrs.

See you all there!

We just left and are on our way home. Thanks so much for a great time! DH and I had so much fun visiting with our table mates and loved meeting John and Kevin as well. ShesAPirate and GinaMarie did an awesome job! We're very happy that we could be part of tonight's DIS Meet. Thank you!!

So much fun Tony and I both had so much fun. It was wonderful to meet everyone! Great job Gillian and Gina Marie.

Thanks for a great time. Even better that I won a raffle (mmm coffee).

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I currently don't have the words I need to express my emotions about tonight -- but it was an incredible evening, and my heart is heavy from all the camaraderie and the money we raised for Give Kids the World... just amazing. Thank you all so much. What a great night!

Thanks and kudos to Gillian and GinaMarie for an outstanding job on tonight's meet/fundraiser! :cool1:
Although we certainly did not get to meet everyone, we really did enjoy getting to know more DISers.
The food was very good and we had a lovely time getting to know our tablemates!

We just missed one train home, so we had to wait another 45 min and just recently got home. After working and traveling, it was a long day, but so worth it!
Hope everyone got home safely.

Safe travels to John and Kevin & Tara and Kristen (and anyone else traveling Saturday). :goodvibes

I loved the parting comments about making this an annual event. Count us IN!! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much to everyone who made it out to this fundraiser, for all of your donations (which overwhelmed me with your generosity), for great conversations and laughs, for the love and support (which was not withdrawn) by the Dis Unplugged Team, for the efforts of my co-organizer Gillian.. I could go on and on.

I'm sorry that I had to scoot from the event so early, but I had a train to catch and we're assisting some family members with a move today- so up bright and early. I will say that my heart has been totally uplifted by this event, and even this morning, I feel so wonderful knowing that we raised so much money for GKTW. I have a few more people who have promised me straight donations this week that were unable to come out to the dinner, which altogether will put our total around $2500. I know that our donation will make a difference, and I want all of you to revel in that. The power of ten program is an incredibly wonderful thing.

I just want to share one more thing- on the train last night I posted a Facebook update about how excited I was to have raised money for GKTW. Many of my friends had sweet words for me, but one in particular sent me a private message. Her young son recently finished 2 years of chemotherapy, and was fortunate enough to stay at GKTW during his illness. My friend said that the resort was truly a lifesaver for him and a source of so much joy while he was in so much pain. That little boy kept fighting his cancer and is now in remission. She wanted to thank me for helping out a charity that she wholeheartedly supports- and I wanted to pass that along to you guys- each and every one of which made this possible.

Thank you all a million times, and I hope we can stay in touch!

Ginamarie

Huge thanks to Gillian and GinaMarie ! Charlotte and I had a terrific time. All the folks at our table were a fun bunch. I have to say, though, that I am appalled with myself because we left and I completely forgot to pay for my glass of wine! What a freeloader!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter