• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Now I understand the complaining about FP+

We can't seem to get the FP+ times to change right. App kept freezing on me. Went to try a kiosk but they were down. There was an IT person there. He looked into my account and called me several hours later to say everything looked ok. It wasn't letting me make a FP+ for Pirates for before 2pm even though it had a 10 minute wait.

Changing things day off isn't as easy as I had hoped. It definitely feels like it is changing our style of touring. Or we are having to change our touring to fit the FP+.

mime4jesus said:
I do wish they would just let you select FastPasses individually based on what times are available. It would be nice to get a couple of them for the morning and one later at night if you wanted to. I hope they also add a Park Hopping option where you can get them for multiple parks in one day. :)

You CAN already do this. Just because it gives you groups of times, say test track from 10-11, mission space from 11-12, and soarin from 12-1 doesn't mean you can't change them around. Move test track to the 12-1 spot, mission space to the 10-11 spot, and soarin to 6-7 if you want.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

You CAN already do this. Just because it gives you groups of times, say test track from 10-11, mission space from 11-12, and soarin from 12-1 doesn't mean you can't change them around. Move test track to the 12-1 spot, mission space to the 10-11 spot, and soarin to 6-7 if you want.

Yup! I take the times closest to what I want and then move them around. The only restriction when doing this is that you can only move them to times on the hour. It would be nice to be able to schedule them at x:15 or x:20 instead.

As a public service, the building that will house the complaint department that will handle the complaints about the difficulties in getting FP+ complaints heard is being built at DHS.

Coming to Disney Parks - Summer 2019.

lalasmit3547 said:
How do I add parades and/or fireworks ?!

On the MDE website, go to the My plans section, and then select the day you want. At the top left, there's an "add to my plans" button with a drop down giving you the option to add parades & fireworks, etc to your plans

Yup! I take the times closest to what I want and then move them around. The only restriction when doing this is that you can only move them to times on the hour. It would be nice to be able to schedule them at x:15 or x:20 instead.

Actually, occasionally mine come up all on the hour, and then one that is like 11:20-12:20. Not sure if it is affected by your current FP selections or just luck of the draw...

Actually, occasionally mine come up all on the hour, and then one that is like 11:20-12:20. Not sure if it is affected by your current FP selections or just luck of the draw...

Yes, but when you go to change any of the FP+ times you are only offered times on the hour.

So, I decided to call just in case something has changed and guess what? No luck. They said that my tickets are too old. I was told I had to go to Will Call when I get there to convert my tickets.

I asked to speak with someone higher up. I truly do not understand how they can read how many days are left on my ticket but cannot convert my tickets. I'm frustrated as a loyal Disney customer. I've been on multiple Disney cruises, I go to WDW or DL every year. I've bought numerous annual passes. Heck, I've even been to Aulani in Hawaii.

I'm frustrated as I feel it isn't fair and I explained. I wouldn't have a problem with my tickets not being convertible if those that were using FP+ could not double dip. I can see if they had problems with using the magic bands and their tickets got missed up but not if it works. I don't feel like they should double dip. I think, Disney has made this totally unfair.

The reps solution was for me to buy another 10 day no expiring pass and reserve my FP+ tickets and then, when I get to Disney convert them to my old passes. All I can imagining is that it doesn't transfer right and I lose all my reservations. I really don't have $2k to burn right now for new tickets.

Off to see what else there is to do in Orlando. I already planned at day at Universal. I will send out an official e-mail to Disney expressing my displeasure.

Please explain how double dipping as you put it, isn't "fair?" If you were able to get the FP+ using your existing tickets then it would be okay, but since you cannot, you're upset about double dipping. Well, imagine if you will, this scenario. Any person, walking into any Disney Park on a day pass, can have as many fast passes as they want. Is it "fair" that a person staying at a resort (thereby spending far more money with Disney) and helping them "test" the new system be limited to only 3 for that day, and only to that one park? So, in order to make it fair, they allow you to also obtain traditional legacy paper fast passes. Otherwise, what would be the incentive to test the system, everyone would tell Disney to pound salt, and just use the legacy system where they could have as many as they wanted, and not be limited to only 3!

Yes, but when you go to change any of the FP+ times you are only offered times on the hour.

No, that's what I'm saying, usually when changing mine, the times listed are on the hour, but occasionally, some of them come up at 20 minutes after, or 25 min after, or 35 min after the hour. No rhyme or reason, just occasionally.

I was offered one last night on 25 min past the hour.

Yes. but if you were to try to change the time it would only give you times on the hour. The exception is if you have another FP+ at, say, 10:15 it may give you 9:15 or 11:15 options. Other than that you cannot reschedule them for anything other than times on the hour. It would be nice, IMO, if you could

Yes. but if you were to try to change the time it would only give you times on the hour. The exception is if you have another FP+ at, say, 10:15 it may give you 9:15 or 11:15 options. Other than that you cannot reschedule them for anything other than times on the hour. It would be nice, IMO, if you could

I agree, especially for popular attractions very close to one another, like Test Track and Misison Space, or Splash Mtn and BTTMR, it would be great to have fast passes closer together. Guess we'll see how it works in 13 days, but so far, I'm super impressed with this system, of being able to pre-select what we consider to be the essential Fast Passes, and then change the times on the fly to suit our needs.

To be fair, I'm in IT and I love all things computer and technology, and I love planning Disney Trips, so this is right up my alley. It's taken the place of my spreadsheet, and Google Calendar to keep it all straight. One place for everything, and now FP+ too!

but I CAN NOT DELETE THEM! I can change them but there is not an option to delete them. I have at least changed them to three less popular attractions so I am not tying up FP for headliners. I have emailed IT but I am not getting on the phone for 30-45 minutes for them to try to delete fastpass reservations. When we were at the resort they couldn't figure out how to delete them and we had reservations at MK and EP on the same day, SMH!

That's odd, because when I log into my account, and select the FP for a specific day, it gives me the options to Select or Replace, Change, Copy or Cancel

~The old dated legacy FP is way better than having the opportunity to reserve a fast pass for the most popular attraction in all of WDW -- from the comfort of your home or anywhere, thus eliminating the traditional running of the bulls at DHS at rope drop and the bonus is, you don't get to choose what time to return, it could be 2 hours or 6 hours later, and that's awesome!

I happen to like that I don't have to do the "running of the bulls." :confused3 I never ran but my first stop would be to get a FP for TSMM, or to the other big rides in the other parks, and some people are down right aggressive trying to get to a FP before you.

I am looking forward to this Nov trip and I think I am going to enjoy it way more now that I don't have to run all over. It has also allowed me to figure out ways to do things we never have before, such as the shows. For whatever reason we would always overlook them when the questions of "what next" would come up. Now I can even see before I get there how I can fit them in between my scheduled FPs.

Despite all of our issues we are happy to have FP+ this morning. At 9:20am Soarin FP return times were 6pm. We stopped and got a Starbucks and leisurely made it over to the Land for our 9:30 FP+ window.

Despite all of our issues we are happy to have FP+ this morning. At 9:20am Soarin FP return times were 6pm. We stopped and got a Starbucks and leisurely made it over to the Land for our 9:30 FP+ window.

I am so glad to hear this because I envision our upcoming 11/2 trip to be like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter