• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November Trip Dining Reviews ~~~~~~ Bull and Bear, Citricos, Steakhouse 71 and More!

Tgoody

Mouseketeer
My girlfriend and I visited WDW from 11/3-11/10 and ate at the following locations while on our trip:

11/3 Sanaa Dinner
11/4 Epcot Food and Wine Festival as well as Nomads in AK
11/5 Woodys Lunch Box, Beaches and Cream and Morimoto Asia
11/6 Steakhouse 71 Lunch and Citricos Dinner
11/7 Wine Bar George takeout window and Bull and Bear
11/8 Epcot Food and Wine Festival
11/9 Nomads in AK and Steakhouse 71 for Dinner
11/10 Wine Bar George

I will give a brief review of each with some pictures of what was had. At the end there will be a ranking of Table Service as well as Food and Wine items that we each had.

Sanaa - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Table Service
We arrived at our resort around 8pm and took an Uber directly to AKL to make our reservation at 8:25pm at Sanaa. We checked in on the way and were seated quickly. The waitress took our drink order and asked if we were ready to order our meal then. Seemed a little rushed from the get go. We ordered our drinks and bread service. We really enjoyed the variety of dips/spreads and the flavors of naan. I had the Salmon which was the special for the night and she had the Shrimp Briyani. The salmon came served over a rice that was flavored with cinnamon and raisins. It was cooked perfectly and was so fragrant. Would get this again. The shrimp dish did not have the same punch of flavor and to me was bland. We ordered two desserts, one being the butterscotch and the kheer. The kheer was much better than the butterscotch. Would recommend going here and it is on our list to revisit in the future! Sanaa Dinner Picture

Nomads Lounge - Animal Kingdom - Attached to Tiffins
We ate here twice on this trip and decided it was a staple for future Animal Kingdom days. Our first visit we ordered drinks, I am a bourbon fiend so I ordered a Tempting Tigress and later a pour of the Knob Creek Disney Select. My gf ordered the watermelon drink and it was very refreshing. For food items we ordered the corn and lobster soup, sliders and the tuna bowl. The sliders were a bit dry and lacked much flavor, but the yuca fries were good. The corn soup was rich and buttery. Loved it, ordered it again later in the week. The tuna bowl was served over rice and kimchi and was honestly a little too spicy, but was great for me, too hot for gf. We ordered churros as well, because who can pass up hot disney churros. The second visit we ordered the ribs and lobster mac. Both were exceptional and made our short list of items to get again with the soup. Nomads Lounge Pic

Woodys Lunch Box - Hollywood Studios - Toy Story Land
We ate breakfast here on the rainiest of Florida days. Soaked to the bones due to a faulty rain jacket I ordered the breakfast bowl and a lunchbox tart. They had raspberry on this day, was hoping for the chocolate one but was not disappointed. A sophisticated pop tart is how I would descibe it haha. The breakfast bowl contained tater tots, fluffy scrambled eggs and a sausage gravy. This warmed us up and hit the spot. We also had two double shot lattes from Joffreys but the eggs hit the spot. Woodys Lunch Box Picture

Beaches and Cream - Beach Club Resort
Still soaked from HS morning, we took a boat ride to Beach Club for a lunch reservation at Beaches and Cream. We ordered adult floats, I had the rootbeer float and she had the tropical sunrise. For our meal we ordered the french dip with onion rings and the chicken sandwich with fries. My french dip was okay, nothing to rave about but it did its job to hold me over until dinner at 9pm.

Morimoto Asia - Disney Springs
A repeat from last years trip, Morimotos was near the top of our list to go to. We both enjoy sushi and all things Asian cuisine. We allowed our bartender to pick our drinks based on a few questions and we were very pleased with what she brought out. I had a manhattan east as well as an old fashioned. I would have ordered both without her recommendation but it was still a good choice. To begin the meal we ordered shumai and a nigiri platter selected by the sushi chefs. The chu toro and seabass were our favorites. The hamachi roll accompanied the nigiri and it was the first time we have had spicy hamachi, and it was better than the regular tuna we usually get at home. For our mains we ordered the special, which was a half fried chicken with a curry sauce and vegetables served over rice, and she ordered the buribop. My chicken was outstanding, so moist and the curry was a lightly spiced peanut curry. I couldn't finish it, so much food, but one of the best things we ate. The buribop was served with yellowtail over rice in a clay pot. The server prepared this table side and cooked the fish perfectly. Was a great dish and experience. We also had the ribs, which are one of their most popular items. They are popular for a reason. Fall off the bone tender, crispy/sticky coating with a sweet hoisin glaze. YUMMMM. Chicken Curry Dish SUSHIIIIIII Picture

Steakhouse 71 - Contemporary Resort
We never ate at the Wave, but thought we would try out the new version this trip. We ordered the tequila sunrise to share, and for appetizers we ordered the bacon and eggs as well as the french onion soup. I would have been content just ordering these 3 things. They were all so good. Perfectly cooked egg and grits along with the pork belly. The french onion soup packed so much flavor into a little bowl and it was super cheeeeesy. Our mains were the burger and crab cake sliders. The burger was amazing, brioche bun, two patties, onions and pork belly and a light spread. AHHH it was so good. The crab cake sliders were average, the side wedge salad was very good. We would enjoy the crab cake appetizer at dinner more than the lunch option. SteakHouse 71 Lunch Pic

Citricos - Grand Floridian Resort
We chose this meal over Narcoosees and Be our Guest. I wanted to see the renovation and try it for the first time. We were still mildly full from lunch at Steakhouse 71 but decided to keep the reservation. We ordered the strawberry salad and the duck pasta dish for starters. The salad had great flavor and looked beautiful, but the type of lettuce is not my favorite. The duck was smoked and cooked just how we like it. The pasta was fresh and it all came together for a great bite. Drinks here were very good, the bartender was great. We split the Tilefish for our main, the risotto was not cooked properly and lacked flavor. The tilefish was light and also seemed to lack something to tie it all together. IF we came back to Citricos it would be for small plates and drinks, the value and main wasn't worth it for us.

Bull and Bear - Waldorf Astoria
After much research and recommendations from some of our favorite vloggers, shout out to the Magic Dads, we were able to get a reservation at Bull and Bear. We were seated at 7:30pm and left at 10pm. BE prepared for a slow pace during this meal and prepare to be full! Our waitstaff was so attentive and always had an answer for our questions. We let the server know what we were wanting to eat that night and he planned when the items would come out. We orderd the caesar salad that was prepared table side, the fried chicken which was also served tableside, I had the braised short rib and the gf had the veal oscar. Breadservice was provided before the caesar was prepared. The dressing was mixed and explained step by step before adding the romaine. It had so much flavor and was a great way to start the meal. Next the chicken was served. The waiter came out with and explained the 3 day process for the chicken and the sound that was made when the waiter sliced the chicken was a heavenly CRUNCH. The chicken is served with mashed potatoes and a thick gravy. *Mouth is watering typing this* We devoured both the salad and chicken. There was a good bit of time between the starters and main, we had a drink and conversed with the tables near us and wait staff. Our mains came out and were so rich. The short rib was fork tender and shred easily. The wine reduction on it was perfect. The veal oscar was cooked to temp and so tender. We ordered lobster mac and creamed spinach as sides. The lobster mac may have been the only blemish to the meal, it wasn't very cheesy or coated, if that makes sense. Seemed to just be noodles with chunks of lobster with a light sauce. The spinach was what you would expect from a good steak house. They had ran out of the famous lemon dessert so we settled for the creme brulee. It had a chocolate base layer and custard on top with a light sugar brulee top. Ah so good. The wine pairings with mains were great too. Our most expensive meal of the trip, but also the best meal. Well worth it for the experience. Bull and Bear Food Pic

Steakhouse 71 - Contemporary Resort
We were so excited about this dinner before the Christmas party in MK. We sat down and ordered drinks and the bartender had no clue what a gold rush was, yikes, he came by and asked me how to make it. We ordered the brioche and crab cakes as appetizers. The bread was fluffy and spreads were good. The crab cakes were the far better than the ones on the sliders during lunch. They had a corn and old bay remoulade on top that completed the dish. I ordered the prime rib medium rare and wedge salad. My gf ordered the fish and Caesar. The salads were both on point and way too big. We split an order of creamed spinach and mashed potatoes. The prime rib came out and it was luke warm and rare. I enjoy rare steaks so I didn't question that, and we were in a hurry to get into MK by this point that I also didn't ask for it to be reheated. I cant remember the type of fish or the flavor profile of her meal, it was very underwhelming. Skipped dessert and bolted. Disappointed walk over to MK. SteakHouse 71 Dinner Pic

Wine Bar George - Disney Springs
We made this reservation to hold us over until our evening flight. We ordered the mac and cheese bites, grilled Caesar, and saganaki on fire (cheese and crostini). The mac and cheese bites were a delight and we asked how they were prepared and surprised to find out they were rolled in spicy cheeze its hahaha. The cheese got cold quickly, but was a great flavor. The salad was very good, but couldn't compete with Bull and Bear at this point. We were hoping to try the iberico pork, but they couldn't source it at that time and we settled on the steak frites. Great choice because the steak and onion spread on top was amazinggggg. The fries were crispy and seasoned well. Starters Wine Bar Pic Steak Frites Picture

Okay now on to the rankings! Best to Worst!
Bull and Bear
Nomads
Morimoto Asia
Wine Bar George
Steakhouse 71 Lunch
Sanaa Dinner
Citricos
Beaches and Cream
Steakhouse 71 Dinner

Best Food and Wine Dishes!
Me:
Spicy Beef Pho
Troi Fromage Beignet
Kenyan Beef Tenderloin
Lobster Roll
Griddled Cheese

GF:
Guiness Shake
Kenyan Beef Tenderloin
Troi Fromage Beignet
Truffle Mac
Spicy Pho

We ate a lot of other items, feel like we stopped at each booth and had something. But those were the standouts!

If you have any questions about the table service meals feel free to ask! Thanks for reading.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you all had a wonderful food-cation

Great reviews! Would you say that Steakhouse 71 is better for lunch or dinner? I have my eye on the burger that is only available at lunch, but would love to try the steak and all the sauces at dinner!

Great reviews! Would you say that Steakhouse 71 is better for lunch or dinner? I have my eye on the burger that is only available at lunch, but would love to try the steak and all the sauces at dinner!
Our preference was lunch after trying both. But after a week or so of being back, I honestly think it was a combination of what we ordered and a bad service night for the Steakhouse 71 dinner. I believe you can order the burger in the lounge? There was another thread discussing this. But the burger is a must try.

Great review! We had a similar experience at Sanaa in mAy-loved most of what we got but the biryani and the butterscotch were both disappointing.

Great reviews and very well picked reservations! I'm really excited to try the corn soup at Nomad/Tiffins ... hoping it's still on the menu when we visit in a few weeks. And I love those yucca fries! We'll also be dining at Bull & Bear for my third time and I cannot wait. Speaking of corn soup, you should try theirs next time you go -- absolutely delicious. And we are planning to request the lemon before we even order cocktails. :laughing: Totally agree on the Steakhouse 71 burger. The onion rings are great too. We couldn't fit in a reservation (there are just too many good places we want to dine!) but are going to try to squeeze in a lounge visit. Thanks for sharing your reviews! Oh - fellow Magic Dads fan here. Love their channel.

Great reviews and very well picked reservations! I'm really excited to try the corn soup at Nomad/Tiffins ... hoping it's still on the menu when we visit in a few weeks. And I love those yucca fries! We'll also be dining at Bull & Bear for my third time and I cannot wait. Speaking of corn soup, you should try theirs next time you go -- absolutely delicious. And we are planning to request the lemon before we even order cocktails. :laughing: Totally agree on the Steakhouse 71 burger. The onion rings are great too. We couldn't fit in a reservation (there are just too many good places we want to dine!) but are going to try to squeeze in a lounge visit. Thanks for sharing your reviews! Oh - fellow Magic Dads fan here. Love their channel.
Watched their recent Bull and Bear review last night, drooooooling over the thought of the fried chicken again. We will be back to Bull and Bear on all extended trips now. It is a must.

Enjoy your trip!

Yes - really great reviews, thank you!

I had the pleasure of dining at Bull & Bear years ago - 2015 or so - and wondered if it was the best kept secret at Disney. I'm gald you experienced it and enjoyed. What a gem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter