November 2012 Code Watch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can anyone confirm what the blackout dates were last year around Thanksgiving for Free Dining?

We just got the email last night-

Get a first look at

FREE Disney Dining
with the purchase of a non-discounted 4-Night/5-Day Magic Your Way room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

For arrivals most nights 9/30–10/4/12; 10/19–11/1/12; 11/9–11/15/12; 11/23–11/29/12; 12/10–12/13/12.
Book now through 7/28/12.

The number of packages available for this offer is limited. Minimum length-of-stay requirements may apply. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. Offer excludes campsites and 3-bedroom villas, Disney's Art of Animation Resort suites included. All other suites excluded. Advance reservations required. Offer is nontransferable.

See Important Details

Or call 407-939-7749 or your
Travel Agent.

Can anyone confirm what the blackout dates were last year around Thanksgiving for Free Dining?

Get a first look at

FREE Disney Dining
with the purchase of a non-discounted 4-Night/5-Day Magic Your Way room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

For arrivals most nights 9/30–10/4/12; 10/19–11/1/12; 11/9–11/15/12; 11/23–11/29/12; 12/10–12/13/12.

The number of packages available for this offer is limited. Minimum length-of-stay requirements may apply. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. Offer excludes campsites and 3-bedroom villas, Disney's Art of Animation Resort suites included. All other suites excluded. Advance reservations required. Offer is nontransferable.

See Important Details

Travel Agent.

Because we reached the 250 page mark, this thread is due to be closed at anytime now. So ya'll join here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2915714&page=85

Get a first look at

FREE Disney Dining

See Important Details

Travel Agent.

This is a PIN offer, not a GP offer...

That said, I would expect it to eventually go GP, but not for awhile. My guess is late July.

Apologies- we got the PIN offer, but it was missing the PIN number- we then called Disney and it turned out that they did have a PIN for us.

Honestly, I would say that it is worth calling Disney Reservations to see if they have a PIN for you- for some reason a lot of people seem to have gotten unusual emails on this.... and it just might turn out that you have a PIN after all!

Does anyone know why 11/02-11/08 would be blacked out? We can't find that anything is going on that week but now I'm afraid I'm missing something!

Does anyone know why 11/02-11/08 would be blacked out? We can't find that anything is going on that week but now I'm afraid I'm missing something!

I believe that is Jersey Week. Kids in NJ get days off at the end of that week and lots of families use that short school week to pull their kids out for the entire week. It is usually blacked out for discounts.

Same here,we would also like to know.:confused3

-JS

As I said above, it is because it's Jersey Week. Almost always blacked out for discounts. Here is a bit of info on Jersey Week...

http://**************.net/2010/05/02/jersey-week-at-walt-disney-world/

I believe that is Jersey Week. Kids in NJ get days off at the end of that week and lots of families use that short school week to pull their kids out for the entire week. It is usually blacked out for discounts.
Thank you! I did know that it was Jersey Week but am suprised to hear that this would prevent Disney from offering a deal!

What were the free dining dates in nov of last year? Were there blackout dates? I am helping my friends plan a trip and they are arriving nov 3. If Fd offer ends the day before what is the latest they can check in to recieve that offer.

It's nice to know that Disney doesn't reward us Jersey folks for only taking our kids out of school for 2 days instead of all 5. Oh well :confused3 Remember to get an absentee ballot if you'll be in Disney during that 1st week in November. Don't want to forget to vote in all of our Disney excitement! pixiedust: (closest I could find to red, white, blue fireworks!)

It's nice to know that Disney doesn't reward us Jersey folks for only taking our kids out of school for 2 days instead of all 5. Oh well :confused3 Remember to get an absentee ballot if you'll be in Disney during that 1st week in November. Don't want to forget to vote in all of our Disney excitement! pixiedust: (closest I could find to red, white, blue fireworks!)

I actually considered doing Disney that week until I recalled that's the election. I know I could vote absentee, but I plan onn watching the returns come in. Wouldnt miss it! Couple that with no discounts...... and it's a slam dunk.

I called today to see if I had a PIN, but no (one of my kids thought he'd actually seen a Disney mailer in our mailbox the day the wind blew half of our mail away). But the cast member was SO helpful and told me more than once to call her nineteen times a day if I wanted. She also said that it was a little early for November discounts, though clearly some people are getting them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!