Nothing A Little Sangria Can't Fix! A Thanksgiving 2016 Dining Report update 3/21 MK eats

Oh, I forgot to comment on that Ammorette's stop - but I am kicking myself for skipping it in December! (We did stop at Erin Mckennas though). Blaze looks great, glad you liked it!!

For Garden Grill, seriously, aren't they just the BEST tater tots? I don't know how they are so good, but man. Too bad about the cinnamon roll though, I was thoroughly amazed by ours, so if on our next trip it comes out dry I'll probably ask for a new one lol!

That cake looks so adorable! Looks like it would make a perfect mini birthday cake if anyone was visiting for that occasion

It might have been the worst pizza ever. If we hadn't have been exhausted and starving when we got it, we would have thrown it away and found something else.
::yes:: Same reason we had it in 2015, late hour and starving. NEVER AGAIN!

I *think* the dome cakes were good?? From the tiny bit I had of L's, I liked it. It was kind of chocolate mousse like with a cakey center. X got to the middle and was like, "Oh. It's a real cake in there! I had no idea!". They looked so cute! Both boys asked if they had any minis in different characters, but the lady kept saying, "you have to special order that. You have to special order that" so they settled for Mickey, but they liked it.
OK good to know because they are so adorable it was hard to resist getting one! They had a Goofy one when we went but maybe unless they have them made already for the day, they have to be pre-ordered? Who knows.

I panic ordered my pavlova. Their cases were kind of bare, so the choice was pretty limited, really.
LOL I've panic-ordered before and it stinks when you make a mistake. Nothing like wasted calories! You may have a point though that at the end of the night the selection/freshness just isn't as good, although from a place that's supposed to be higher-end you would think the hour wouldn't matter. We were there around 7 so that might have made a difference as the cases were full.

My favorite ones on earth are from a bakery called Sucre in New Orleans. Matt special orders them for me on our anniversary usually (we first had them on our honeymoon there), and they are perfection
That is the sweetest most romantic thing :love:

The ones from Amorettes were hard and crunchy instead of tender, and the flavors were very artificial tasting.

We'll probably give it another try when we're in Disney Springs! The call of baked goods is strong, and yummy scents can make a person forget a subpar experience pretty easily!
Again, very disappointing about their macarons! Maybe I'll have to get the ones from France AND Amorette's in May to compare :rolleyes1

Ariane, just found this report, now to catch up!
:welcome: So glad you're here!

Oh, I forgot to comment on that Ammorette's stop - but I am kicking myself for skipping it in December! (We did stop at Erin Mckennas though). Blaze looks great, glad you liked it!!
I hadn't even been thinking of stopping there until it was in front of us! Each time I see picture of the Erin Mckennas cupcakes I think I want to stop there in May, but I really want to go back to Amorette's :scratchin

For Garden Grill, seriously, aren't they just the BEST tater tots? I don't know how they are so good, but man

Too bad about the cinnamon roll though, I was thoroughly amazed by ours, so if on our next trip it comes out dry I'll probably ask for a new one lol

That cake looks so adorable! Looks like it would make a perfect mini birthday cake if anyone was visiting for that occasion
It would! Since it's so rich you don't need a big piece, so definitely you could get 3 slices and 4 if you make them on the smaller-small side. They had a bigger cake but I didn't ask the price on that :scared1:

That can looks fantastic. We used to go to Pleasure Island and Downtown Disney all the time. Since the changes, we just don't seem to get back there as much. That cake makes me want to be there now.

Your Mexican snacks look delicious

Those Blaze pizzas look huge. Not much of a pizza eater myself though. The only reason I booked Via Napoli was from reading Kari's glowing and gushing report on it.

And you already know my thoughts regarding the Amorette's cakes, lol

**added avocado margarita to my must try list this trip.
YES! It's a must, especially since you're going KID-FREE :cheer2:

That can looks fantastic. We used to go to Pleasure Island and Downtown Disney all the time. Since the changes, we just don't seem to get back there as much. That cake makes me want to be there now.
We don't get down there all that much either, hence Steve and I skipping it on our last 2 adults only trips and having so many changes to see on this trip. It's nice for something different to do.......

Your Mexican snacks look delicious
They were! We eat Mexican food fairly often at home so you'd think we'd want stuff we can't get here, but La Cantina is really good.

Those Blaze pizzas look huge. Not much of a pizza eater myself though.
Um......I'm not sure we can be friends anymore? Just kidding :hug:
The pizzas were definitely bigger than what most places call an "individual" pie, and if one were only looking for a snack one would most likely have 2 or 3 pieces to bring back to their room :)

I know I'm repeating myself from my TR but avocado margaritas deserve all the press they can get, because they are beautiful, refreshing AND delicious :drinking1I think by now you've all read my description of this drink either in my previous dining report or my current TR, but I don't think I do a good job of describing it.

OK, I NEED to get on this! I wanted so badly to stop at La Cava this weekend but it was crazy busy every time I went down there. I keep imagining a guacamole margarita even though you say it's not too strong on the avocado.. but guac and margaritas are two awesome things! ;)

Churros from La Cantina De San Angel! He had these last year and loved them and I think he's been dreaming of them ever since. I have to admit they're very tasty, especially with the caramel dipping sauce that comes with them.

We've never tried those but they look delicious!!

Empanadas-fried flour tortillas filled with cheese, served with Mexican slaw.
These were very tasty and I loved the slaw, it was so fresh. Chris wanted to try one so we each ended up eating 1.5 empanadas, I ate all the slaw, and he let me have a churro. Nice kid!

Oooooh yum!!

All I'll say here is WOW, completely changed from our last visit :scared1:

Omg, right! I was amazed. Floored practically. I couldn't believe how nice it looked. Worth all the ugly-ness the last few years!

Create Your Own Pizza with red onions.

I'm impressed that he eats onions on his pizza, haha!! We have a Blaze here and we tried it one weekend after a wine festival. I really liked it but Justin was like.. meh. I think it's because it's not a fluffy delicious crust, but I think it's neat and different. Definitely an easy way to feed a family. We ended up trying DLuxe and we liked it. Nice to know there are a few more good QS options for families. I feel like they were kinda lacking at DS before.

Can you understand why I couldn't resist this $15 cake for myself? It's the Amorette's Petit Cake, eleven layers of red velvet cake, chocolate cake, cherry mousse, chocolate mousse, raspberry Pate De Fruit jelly and Italian buttercream. Now let me say this was delicious and decadent. Also very rich so I only ate a small piece that night. Plus maybe a second teeny tiny sliver an hour after the first small piece :rolleyes1 I do want to mention as many of you probably know or noticed that the frosting is fondant-like, not your basic butterceam frosting. I'm not a huge fondant fan but this was better than your average fondant, it had more flavor and wasn't quite as hard. My preference would still be a cake covered with a container (or two) of Betty Crocker frosting because again, CLASS, but I will definitely be returning to Amorette's as soon as possible. Here's an inside cake shot for your viewing pleasure:

Because again, CLASS.. Hahahahaha.. too funny! But really that cake looks SOOO good!! Fondant can be hit or miss but that looks pretty decent. All of those layers sound delicious. And I knew we could be friends but since you got yourself a personal cake I think we can DEFINITELY get along just fine, hahaha.

And then I commented to Steve that not only could we see Illuminations from the balcony, we could see the new Jingle Bell, Jingle Jam fireworks! Nice way to end the night:

Ooooh that is magical! pixiedust:

CHH & Be Our Guest
Hi guys! Before I get going on my next update, I have to draw your attention to my signature for a moment. Do you see my ticker that's been there for awhile now, the one for May when Steve and I are staying at the WL for F&G?

WHAT'S THAT? YOU SEE TWO TICKERS? LET ME GO CHECK........

Well holy crap, there ARE two tickers down there! I guess that means Steve and I have double the kid-free trips planned!!!

Want to know how this came about?

We had May planned by mid-Dec. So on Jan. 2nd I was at a friends house with the boys; her husband was driving home in the same direction Steve was and texted her that he was coming into freezing rain, so I texted Steve to tell him. His response went something like this (with no punctuation): "OK I don't think I can wait until May for vacation so take a look at Feb and March" My response?

"Will do"
We went back and forth and last night we finally found crazy cheap flights, not quite as good as our $40 each way May flights but still awesome, so we booked! My younger stepson (25) doesn't go back to work until April 1st so he'll be watching the boys while we're on a quick trip to Disney March 25-28th! No resort booked yet, that's on the agenda for tomorrow :thumbsup2

Now, on to the food!
We were up to what would be day #4 for Chris and I, and arrival day for Steve and Ricky. I was having such a great time with Chris but was missing my other 2 guys so I was happy Steve had moved their flight up and they were now arriving at 9:15 am instead of 11:30 pm. I changed our plans around a bit so we'd be at the resort when they got there, so once Chris woke up we grabbed breakfast. I think the reason I didn't take pictures was because we had the same thing we had on arrival day - those delicious bounty platters from the Marketplace. I didn't take pictures of the bagels Steve and Ricky got when they arrived either but you can trust me on this, they looked like bagels ;)

Since I couldn't score any decent, last minute FP's at HS which is Ricky's favorite park when I found out the night before that they'd be coming early, we opted to stick with my (semi) original plan of going to MK for the day. Since their plane had arrive almost 30 minutes early we got to the park by 11:30ish and after unsuccessfully using our first FP to ride a broken Pirates, the boys got the strawberry slushies from Sunshine Tree Terrace that Chris had gotten on our arrival day:

I had completely forgotten the boys got these until I posted this picture in my TR lol, but Chris had told Ricky how good the slushie was and this was the hottest day of the trip so far, so getting them to watch the Move It, Shake It parade made perfect sense.

Pretty much right after the parade we headed to our favorite MK QS for some lunch since breakfast had worn off for all of us: Columbia Harbor House! It was shortly after 1pm which is still prime meal time so there was a bit of a line out the door, but it moved fast. We were also able to get a table upstairs which is where we prefer to sit for the nice views.
Normally I get the Anchors Aweigh sandwich, but I was craving Disney chicken nuggets so that's what I went with:

I don't know what it is about their nuggets but I love them! I don't eat nuggets anywhere else but every once in awhile I need to have them when in the World. Chris also got the nuggets and while I finished mine he pretty much only ate his fries. He just kept saying he wasn't hungry.
Steve got the Broccoli Peppercorn salad:

Mixed greens, garden vegatables, chicken, broccoli, sunflower seeds and parmesean cheese tossed with a peppercorn dressing. He liked this a lot, the greens were fresh and the dressing was very good.
Ricky will normally do the nuggets here also but decided to get something different and tried the shrimp macaroni and cheese since he loves Narcoossee's lobster mac and cheese:

Not being a shrimp (or seafood) eater I thought it looked pretty good, but you all probably figured out that, while CHH is good, it's not a signature restaurant. Ricky didn't like this at all. The mac and cheese was pretty tasteless and since he isn't a big shrimp lover it did nothing for him. Steve tried the shrimp, said they were "eh" but I can't remember why. So after a few bites Ricky just ate Chris's nuggets.......at least he tried something new!
With the exception of his meal we once again enjoyed CHH and will of course be back. I still need my Anchors Aweigh sandwich!
We spent the next few hours riding rides and maneuvering the growing crowds, and I was searching for a specific sweatshirt I'd seen over at HS but couldn't find in my size. Eventually it was time for dinner in what has become one of our top favorite TS restaurants:

This would be our 6th time eating dinner here as a family; Steve and I also ate here on our first adults-only trip. We've never had a bad meal which is why we keep returning!
We've been lucky enough to sit in all 3 rooms, and all have their benefits, but we were happy we weren't in the ballroom this time. It's very pretty at Christmas but we find it chaotic and loud; the Rose Gallery was our room this time!
We ordered our drinks right away; I'm sure the kids had soda. I normally get Hoegaarden but I was in the mood for wine and was excited to see a Moscato on the menu, while Steve tried a beer new to him:

Chimay Blue (Belgium); Terra D'oro Moscato
Steve loved the beer and I thought it was ok, Hoegaarden is also a Belgian beer and it was a little similar but not as good. My wine, was fine :thumbsup2
Next came the bread:

Not the best, typical French bread but they were warm and soft inside.
Everyone got an appetizer except Christopher which was ok, he was just mesmerized by the Master stopping by:
Looks like the Beast is giving the finger and I blurred it out lol! Chris did actually look the next time he came by, but since we're regular guests, you know, no biggie :snooty:
Ricky and I went with our "usual" for appetizers-since he missed them at Cape May Cafe and Narcoossee's he was more than happy to get him some mussels!

Mussels Provencal: with p
ernod, tomato, garlic, onions, and herbs.
Also with garlic bread. Ricky LOVES these. Last November he had mussels at 5 WDW restaurants and before that had only had them here. At the end of the trip, the BOG mussels were still #2.

I love both soups here, but once I tried the potato leek it edged out the french onion:

How perfect does that bowl of soup look? This is so creamy with small chunks of potato, and the best part is that it's not too salty.
Steve got the Garden Salad:

Your basic salad with a Champagne vinaigrette.
While we waited for our entrees we discussed how empty the room was; when you walked into the room , to the right ALL the tables were empty as were just about all the tables along the back wall:

We've noticed empty tables on previous visits but this was almost an empty room!
I didn't get any pictures of the Christmas decorations but I did take a picture of a winter-ish print on the wall in the Rose Gallery:

Pretty soon our entrees arrived: another thing we've always had at BOG is very good service. Ricky got the Pan-seared chicken breast:

served with rice, blistered heirloom tomatoes, roasted wild mushrooms and a citrus beurre blanc.
He loved the chicken and rice but pretty much left all the veggies, so Steve ate them.

Christopher, Steve and I all got the same thing, which makes it real easy as far as posting pictures!
We got the grilled strip steak:

With garlic-herb butter and pommes frites
I know opinions vary on the steak but other than the time Chris ordered the kids steak, ours have always been cooked perfectly and grizzle-free. And take it from this non-vegetable eater, the green beans they serve with this are fantastic!
Steve and I got a second round of drinks at some point during the meal but we skipped dessert and I'm not sure why. I guess we were just too full? Because for me to not order the strawberry cupcake I HAD to be full!
Once again we were completely happy with our BOG meal. As of now we'll be skipping it in May and possibly March because there are quite a few other places we'd like to eat in addition to the F&G booths, but we'll definitely be back next time we go with the kids.

Oh wait! I didn't order dessert because besides being full, I had part of a cookie left that I'd bought earlier from Big Top Treats:
If I remember correctly I bit into this before taking a picture, so thanks, google! And FYI this isn't the only time I get this cookie during the trip, I fell in love with it on our trip last January :love: Between the cookie, breakfast and the kids' snacks later I slipped a little bit in the food pictures today, but they got ice cream at Storybook Treats later while we waited for Wishes to start. And that was it for our first day as a foursome!

UP NEXT: IS IT TOO EARLY FOR SANGRIA?
AKA EATING AND DRINKING AROUND ANIMAL KINGDOM

OK, I NEED to get on this! I wanted so badly to stop at La Cava this weekend but it was crazy busy every time I went down there.
I tried on two trips to get one from La Cava but the lines were CRAZY! When I eventually got one it was at San Angel, and then I lucked out this trip because there was absolutely no line. Which was weird since it was Thanksgiving week :confused3

I keep imagining a guacamole margarita even though you say it's not too strong on the avocado.
LOL! I think if it tasted like guac I would've stopped at one. Put it on your list to try for again in Feb., you'll see what I mean :thumbsup2

I'm impressed that he eats onions on his pizza, haha!!
He also loves hot peppers on his deli sandwiches!

I really liked it but Justin was like.. meh. I think it's because it's not a fluffy delicious crust, but I think it's neat and different
A good crust can really make or break a pizza. I wasn't in love with the crust, either but like I said, it wasn't a bad pizza......

We ended up trying DLuxe and we liked it. Nice to know there are a few more good QS options for families. I feel like they were kinda lacking at DS before.
I've read so many good reviews of D-Luxe! And I agree, good to have more decent QS options now in DS. Prior to all these new ones opening I feel it was only EoS and WPE.

We went back and forth and last night we finally found crazy cheap flights, not quite as good as our $40 each way May flights but still awesome, so we booked! My younger stepson (25) doesn't go back to work until April 1st so he'll be watching the boys while we're on a quick trip to Disney March 25-28th! No resort booked yet, that's on the agenda for tomorrow :thumbsup2

Yay more Disney! :thumbsup2

I know opinions vary on the steak but other than the time Chris ordered the kids steak, ours have always been cooked perfectly and grizzle-free.

I've had the steak twice, and I probably wouldn't get it again. Mine wasn't very good this time, but I'm glad yours was! Were your fries very salty too? Because mine were really salty in December and I don't remember them being like that before. The potato leek soup looked good too though! We got french onion both times.

So excited for your March trip! Our dates overlap a little, but we will be in St Pete while you are in the World...Have an avocado margarita for me...:drinking:

:thumbsup2
Well holy crap, there ARE two tickers down there! I guess that means Steve and I have double the kid-free trips planned!!!

Woo hoo!!! Also what a steal on your $40 flights. That's amazing!!

I love CHH. Steve's salad looks really good! I think Disney has the best chicken nuggets. They must have magic in them or something.

I haven't been to BOG for dinner in about 2 years but I think they do have really good steak! Especially for a 1 TS restaurant. Also that soup looks fabulous!

CHH & Be Our Guest
Hi guys! Before I get going on my next update, I have to draw your attention to my signature for a moment. Do you see my ticker that's been there for awhile now, the one for May when Steve and I are staying at the WL for F&G?

WHAT'S THAT? YOU SEE TWO TICKERS? LET ME GO CHECK........

Want to know how this came about?

We had May planned by mid-Dec. So on Jan. 2nd I was at a friends house with the boys; her husband was driving home in the same direction Steve was and texted her that he was coming into freezing rain, so I texted Steve to tell him. His response went something like this (with no punctuation): "OK I don't think I can wait until May for vacation so take a look at Feb and March" My response?

"Will do"

Now, on to the food!
We were up to what would be day #4 for Chris and I, and arrival day for Steve and Ricky. I was having such a great time with Chris but was missing my other 2 guys so I was happy Steve had moved their flight up and they were now arriving at 9:15 am instead of 11:30 pm. I changed our plans around a bit so we'd be at the resort when they got there, so once Chris woke up we grabbed breakfast. I think the reason I didn't take pictures was because we had the same thing we had on arrival day - those delicious bounty platters from the Marketplace. I didn't take pictures of the bagels Steve and Ricky got when they arrived either but you can trust me on this, they looked like bagels ;)

Since I couldn't score any decent, last minute FP's at HS which is Ricky's favorite park when I found out the night before that they'd be coming early, we opted to stick with my (semi) original plan of going to MK for the day. Since their plane had arrive almost 30 minutes early we got to the park by 11:30ish and after unsuccessfully using our first FP to ride a broken Pirates, the boys got the strawberry slushies from Sunshine Tree Terrace that Chris had gotten on our arrival day:

I had completely forgotten the boys got these until I posted this picture in my TR lol, but Chris had told Ricky how good the slushie was and this was the hottest day of the trip so far, so getting them to watch the Move It, Shake It parade made perfect sense.

Pretty much right after the parade we headed to our favorite MK QS for some lunch since breakfast had worn off for all of us: Columbia Harbor House! It was shortly after 1pm which is still prime meal time so there was a bit of a line out the door, but it moved fast. We were also able to get a table upstairs which is where we prefer to sit for the nice views.
Normally I get the Anchors Aweigh sandwich, but I was craving Disney chicken nuggets so that's what I went with:

I don't know what it is about their nuggets but I love them! I don't eat nuggets anywhere else but every once in awhile I need to have them when in the World. Chris also got the nuggets and while I finished mine he pretty much only ate his fries. He just kept saying he wasn't hungry.
Steve got the Broccoli Peppercorn salad:

Mixed greens, garden vegatables, chicken, broccoli, sunflower seeds and parmesean cheese tossed with a peppercorn dressing. He liked this a lot, the greens were fresh and the dressing was very good.
Ricky will normally do the nuggets here also but decided to get something different and tried the shrimp macaroni and cheese since he loves Narcoossee's lobster mac and cheese:

Not being a shrimp (or seafood) eater I thought it looked pretty good, but you all probably figured out that, while CHH is good, it's not a signature restaurant. Ricky didn't like this at all. The mac and cheese was pretty tasteless and since he isn't a big shrimp lover it did nothing for him. Steve tried the shrimp, said they were "eh" but I can't remember why. So after a few bites Ricky just ate Chris's nuggets.......at least he tried something new!
With the exception of his meal we once again enjoyed CHH and will of course be back. I still need my Anchors Aweigh sandwich!
We spent the next few hours riding rides and maneuvering the growing crowds, and I was searching for a specific sweatshirt I'd seen over at HS but couldn't find in my size. Eventually it was time for dinner in what has become one of our top favorite TS restaurants:

This would be our 6th time eating dinner here as a family; Steve and I also ate here on our first adults-only trip. We've never had a bad meal which is why we keep returning!
We've been lucky enough to sit in all 3 rooms, and all have their benefits, but we were happy we weren't in the ballroom this time. It's very pretty at Christmas but we find it chaotic and loud; the Rose Gallery was our room this time!
We ordered our drinks right away; I'm sure the kids had soda. I normally get Hoegaarden but I was in the mood for wine and was excited to see a Moscato on the menu, while Steve tried a beer new to him:

Chimay Blue (Belgium); Terra D'oro Moscato
Steve loved the beer and I thought it was ok, Hoegaarden is also a Belgian beer and it was a little similar but not as good. My wine, was fine :thumbsup2
Next came the bread:

Not the best, typical French bread but they were warm and soft inside.
Everyone got an appetizer except Christopher which was ok, he was just mesmerized by the Master stopping by:
Looks like the Beast is giving the finger and I blurred it out lol! Chris did actually look the next time he came by, but since we're regular guests, you know, no biggie :snooty:
Ricky and I went with our "usual" for appetizers-since he missed them at Cape May Cafe and Narcoossee's he was more than happy to get him some mussels!

Mussels Provencal: with p
ernod, tomato, garlic, onions, and herbs.
Also with garlic bread. Ricky LOVES these. Last November he had mussels at 5 WDW restaurants and before that had only had them here. At the end of the trip, the BOG mussels were still #2.

I love both soups here, but once I tried the potato leek it edged out the french onion:

How perfect does that bowl of soup look? This is so creamy with small chunks of potato, and the best part is that it's not too salty.
Steve got the Garden Salad:

Your basic salad with a Champagne vinaigrette.
While we waited for our entrees we discussed how empty the room was; when you walked into the room , to the right ALL the tables were empty as were just about all the tables along the back wall:

We've noticed empty tables on previous visits but this was almost an empty room!
I didn't get any pictures of the Christmas decorations but I did take a picture of a winter-ish print on the wall in the Rose Gallery:

Pretty soon our entrees arrived: another thing we've always had at BOG is very good service. Ricky got the Pan-seared chicken breast:

served with rice, blistered heirloom tomatoes, roasted wild mushrooms and a citrus beurre blanc.
He loved the chicken and rice but pretty much left all the veggies, so Steve ate them.

Christopher, Steve and I all got the same thing, which makes it real easy as far as posting pictures!

I know opinions vary on the steak but other than the time Chris ordered the kids steak, ours have always been cooked perfectly and grizzle-free. And take it from this non-vegetable eater, the green beans they serve with this are fantastic!
Steve and I got a second round of drinks at some point during the meal but we skipped dessert and I'm not sure why. I guess we were just too full? Because for me to not order the strawberry cupcake I HAD to be full!
Once again we were completely happy with our BOG meal. As of now we'll be skipping it in May and possibly March because there are quite a few other places we'd like to eat in addition to the F&G booths, but we'll definitely be back next time we go with the kids.

Oh wait! I didn't order dessert because besides being full, I had part of a cookie left that I'd bought earlier from Big Top Treats:
If I remember correctly I bit into this before taking a picture, so thanks, google! And FYI this isn't the only time I get this cookie during the trip, I fell in love with it on our trip last January :love: Between the cookie, breakfast and the kids' snacks later I slipped a little bit in the food pictures today, but they got ice cream at Storybook Treats later while we waited for Wishes to start. And that was it for our first day as a foursome!

UP NEXT: IS IT TOO EARLY FOR SANGRIA?
AKA EATING AND DRINKING AROUND ANIMAL KINGDOM

I'll tell you what they put in disney chicken nuggets - REAL CHICKEN. The breading is so good too, it's like real fried chicken breading so it is literally the best part of the fried chicken in a convenient package. I actually only had one nugget my whole time there but in considering dining options for our next trip (which will be part land part sea), seriously considering doing the DDP again, maybe the regular this time, which would mean some CS. We are planning for the pre-cruise part 2 days at MK and 1 day at Epcot and BoG figures in heavily since we missed it entirely last trip.

The steak at BoG looks good to me and I LOVE mussels... it is so hard to find them, esp in WDW, without fennel. I do NOT like fennel and it shows up in a lot of WDW stuff. I'd be tempted to get the mussels either OOP or with DxDDP. Of course I didn't have breakfast and waiting to be able to go get lunch so I want to eat everything in your pictures. I'm all over the place from going OOP and ordering mussels and soup to going DxDDP. butter on the steak too, if we do dxddp or I end up ordering oop for the kid off the adult menu, he is going to be all over that!

First - awesome on the extra trip!! Jealous!!

Second, you went to BOG and didn't get a cupcake?! And even moreso, not the strawberry cupcake?! Oh man. CHH just doesn't do it for me. I don't eat tuna, or shrimp, or chicken nuggets (I like to be able to see the chicken I'm eating) or salad. Hmmm. I wish I liked something on the menu but man, just doesn't appeal to me!!

BoG on the other hand is always great - that potato leek soup is very good (as is the French onion). I've had the chicken although I think they changed it up since last time - and they used to (?) have the most amazing Salmon I need to look and see if it's still there, as we'll prob go there in October. (Skipping in June bc it isn't Andrew's favorite).

I was torn about getting a soup since I had the French Onion last time. My server brought me a small cup of the potato leak to try. It was yummy but I prefer the French Onion.

Drool! :P

This hurts my heart. :rotfl2:You told me such great things about the strawberry cupcake and you didn't even get one! It really was amazing and I may or may not crave it at least once a day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter