• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Norway’s Akershus - food?

Corey

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had lunch at Norway's Akershus in Epcot? We have a ps for a Princess lunch...and the food for s is "authentic Norwegian fare". My husband is a meat and potatoes guy. I am a little concerned what authentic Norwegian food will be? Does anyone know?

Hi -
We didn't do lunch here, but we did the Princess breakfast....
The breakfast was AWESOME!!!! My husband is also a meat and potatoes man and the potatoes were out of this world. They were sort of an augratin hash brown. The waitress sort of skirted the question when I asked about them.
The breakfast was the usual fair - scambled eggs, porkies, bacon, potatoes, fruit. Again, not the lunch, but very good for the meat and potatoes man for breakfast.
Hope that this helps at least a little.

Petrymom

I don't know about the food, but the menu (courtesy of allearsnet.com) sounds very good.

I just got a big surprise when I booked a PS lunch and found out it was character dining. It's storybook princess dining. I think my son is going to refuse to go, so I guess I better cancel now. Deep sigh!!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: ::MickeyMo

I've been told on these boards that when it switches to a character meal, it'll be a more standard WDW buffet lunch. If it is the Norwegian food for the character lunch, a lot of the people that told me that will be happy - it seems like a lot of folks like the Norwegian meals. I generally like Scandinavian food, but have not eaten at the Norway pavilion (except the bakery - YUM) so I don't know how good it was......

Anyone know for sure what the food choices will be once it goes Princess? princess:

just went to allears.net and there is no lunch menu posted yet... i, too, would be interested in the answer to this question... thanks!

Had a phone call from a CM recently who said the buffet has gone, after I queried it and that all meals are now family style, with American food for kids! Hmm not sure I like the sound of this as the cold buffet was gorgeous.
Claire ;)

Well, darn. I was happy on the one hand to actually be able to book a Princess meal with DD7, but she's one of those kids who will try all sorts of foods, so it would have been nice if the food remained Norwegian. Hopefully, they'll keep at least a few choices.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter