• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No souvenier Luggage Tag

Yea pretty big bummer considering the increased price year over year of our trips, now Disney will not even bother to send us luggage tags ? It was bad enough they wouldn't send the bands to Canada. The additional cost to send them here instead of to Buffalo for instance is, literally, a couple dollars.

Just another sad move by Disney to cut corners and squeeze a little more out of each customer.

We received luggage tags that look like credit cards with little plastic things we can attach them with and then our Disney planner called because she said that was not right for Magic Express and now they sent us some sticker type ones. Didnt they use to be plastic things? I Know my planner showed me nicer ones like we could have saved :(

We received luggage tags that look like credit cards with little plastic things we can attach them with and then our Disney planner called because she said that was not right for Magic Express and now they sent us some sticker type ones. Didnt they use to be plastic things? I Know my planner showed me nicer ones like we could have saved :(
The Magic Express tags are just for directing your luggage from MCO to your Disney resort and then to your room. They were never plastic and have always looked like the tags that airlines use for directing your bags to the correct aircraft once you have checked them.

The souvenir luggage tags used to be very nice. I have a few from trips that we took in the early 2000's. Lately, they've become flimsier and cheaper in quality. I wouldn't trust them not to break off of my luggage when being handled by an airline.

That's the second time you have asked if I was serious. Was there something in my reply that indicated otherwise?

Yes.

Disney luggage tags are advertising, nothing more.

Think about it this way, if the guest doesn't have (WDW) luggage tags, then the customer will use the free tags their airline provides.

Surely, it is better for WDW if I use their tags. That is why they give them away.

Any suggestion to the contrary is kind of humorous to me. I'm sorry if you don't see the humor in attaching morality to a request for a penny's worth of plastic.

Yea pretty big bummer considering the increased price year over year of our trips, now Disney will not even bother to send us luggage tags ? It was bad enough they wouldn't send the bands to Canada. The additional cost to send them here instead of to Buffalo for instance is, literally, a couple dollars.

Just another sad move by Disney to cut corners and squeeze a little more out of each customer.

If you are in Canada your souvenir luggage tags should be at check in with your Magicbands.

The real reason they don't ship internationally is not cost, it is customs. A package like Magicbands could easily get stopped by customs and then you would have a whole shipment of international bands stuck in processing simply because they got pulled by customs. They would get far more complaints over having to get grey bands due to never delivered bands over the few complaints they get for having to get bands at arrival.

If you are in Canada your souvenir luggage tags should be at check in with your Magicbands.

The real reason they don't ship internationally is not cost, it is customs. A package like Magicbands could easily get stopped by customs and then you would have a whole shipment of international bands stuck in processing simply because they got pulled by customs. They would get far more complaints over having to get grey bands due to never delivered bands over the few complaints they get for having to get bands at arrival.

As someone who has a lot of friends and family who work in customs, this just isn't the case. Customs is VERY accustomed to such shipments, particularly from regular exporters in the US (like WDW certainly would be) you could argue the same would be true of the Magic express luggage tickets. They used to send the plastic luggage tags in the mail, never a problem. Customs is absolutely not the concern here, there would be NO reason it would be a concern. So long as they shipped them out, with an extra day or two in case a shipment got pulled for additional screening, there would be absolutely nothing to worry about.

As someone who has a lot of friends and family who work in customs, this just isn't the case. Customs is VERY accustomed to such shipments, particularly from regular exporters in the US (like WDW certainly would be) you could argue the same would be true of the Magic express luggage tickets. They used to send the plastic luggage tags in the mail, never a problem. Customs is absolutely not the concern here, there would be NO reason it would be a concern. So long as they shipped them out, with an extra day or two in case a shipment got pulled for additional screening, there would be absolutely nothing to worry about.

I just hear that was the case because of the boxes instead of envelopes. I had a pair of Converse (bought directly from Converse) get stuck in customs for a month so I figured a month for magicbands (which is where the new tags are) could cause a lot of headaches.

I just hear that was the case because of the boxes instead of envelopes. I had a pair of Converse (bought directly from Converse) get stuck in customs for a month so I figured a month for magicbands (which is where the new tags are) could cause a lot of headaches.

Yea that could be fair, though that would be extremely rare, especially from a regular distributor. But they used to send the luggage tags separate from the magic bands. They never sent the bands via international post, but they use to send the luggage tags. The change to not send them can only be attributed to a cost savings measure ... at least that's the only thing I can put it down to.

We just got our bands and there were no luggage tags. Does anyone know if the "Magical" deal is excluded from this? Maybe since it's a convention package? I dunno. We were looking forward to new tags.

Rooms from the "magical place" are just room reservations from their group block, if other components are added they are done separately. The cute new tags come with Magic Your Way packages booked through Disney, whether booked through Disney directly or with a TA who books through Disney.

Customs is a strange beast, and I don't think any of us are privy to all of their regulations, as a security measure. I used to own a bridal store, and all of our gowns shipped from overseas - all well-known designer labels, and were standard shipments. We would occasionally get an order hung up in customs for various reasons, sometimes a labor dispute with the workers. We even had some gowns not make it in time for the wedding. I'm not sure if this is the reason Disney won't ship things out of the country, but if it is, it's definitely a valid one.

Just an FYI we received our MBs yesterday and although we are room only there were 3 luggage tags underneath. They are the same: Mickey and Minnie kissing. :)

I'm just happy we received any at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter