NO ohana times!!

acc82

Mouseketeer
So, i'm going to be at the GF in august. My husband and I ate at ohana's last year when we were there and thought this was probably the best restaurant we ate at. So, i'm trying to make reservations for august and there are no times avaliable the whole week we are there!!!

so, here's my question. Have any of you had luck with just walking up and getting a table? I figure, if I ask to be steated early (around 6) then they tell me it's a 2 hour wait or whatever, then I can take the monorail back to GF and wait one of the hours out there, right? Am I totally off? Does this mean I can't eat at Ohana's the whole week I"m there?!?!

So, i'm going to be at the GF in august. My husband and I ate at ohana's last year when we were there and thought this was probably the best restaurant we ate at. So, i'm trying to make reservations for august and there are no times avaliable the whole week we are there!!!

so, here's my question. Have any of you had luck with just walking up and getting a table? I figure, if I ask to be steated early (around 6) then they tell me it's a 2 hour wait or whatever, then I can take the monorail back to GF and wait one of the hours out there, right? Am I totally off? Does this mean I can't eat at Ohana's the whole week I"m there?!?!
I would try calling reservations every morning to see if there's an opening. Don't wait for one specific day, I think you'll end up dissapointed. Even try a couple of times a day. You never know when someone might call and cancel their ressie. The only way you'll get a walk up is if someone didn't show up for that time or if someone called and cancelled and nobody already snagged it. Good luck, I hope you get in.

Keep trying...keep checking the reservations page on Disney. I'll almost guarantee that *something* will come up.

When we went last August, there were a ton of things that I settled for initially, just to have reservations. But I checked back daily and you'd be shocked at some of the things that opened up. 'Ohana...CRT, Chef Mickey...pretty much everything opened up at one point or another when I was searching.

If you're going during Free Dining, then you'll see that most restaurants will post a sign saying "No walk-ups accepted." You could try to walk up, but early means getting there about 15 minutes before they start serving dinner, not 6pm which is probably their peak hour.

I will tell you that last year I started trying for 'Ohana for our September trip on the very first day I was eligible (I think 90 days out) and I never got that date. After weeks of trying, I did get a dinner during our trip.

So your best bet is to keep trying, online or by phone, and hoping for a cancellation.

Keep trying...keep checking the reservations page on Disney. I'll almost guarantee that *something* will come up.

When we went last August, there were a ton of things that I settled for initially, just to have reservations. But I checked back daily and you'd be shocked at some of the things that opened up. 'Ohana...CRT, Chef Mickey...pretty much everything opened up at one point or another when I was searching.
Yes absolutely, people change their plans all the time. I know for a fact that some people book a couple of restaurants on the same day and then cancel the ones the don't want closer to the trip. Have you also tried calling instead of checking online. I've heard you'll sometimes get a different answer

Thanks for the info. I'll keep checking every time I can. if i have to rearrange some of the reservations I've made to make room for it, i will. i'm just trying to do like the previous poster did in just getting reservations period then i'll rearrange if a better option comes up.

If you try walking up, you probably shouldn't leave the Polynesian. They'll give you a beeper and if they call you and you are not there, they'll move on.

Last yr I couldnt get Ohana at all during our trip, I tried from 180 days out and kept trying, I finally booked Kona instead..
Now I have Ohana but was hoping to change to another night have looked every day for the last two weeks and there is nothing before 9 and thats just too late!

We had ADRs when we went last. We loved it. I tried to get in again for a few days later. I couldn't, no matter how hard I tried. Finally on our last night there I walked up to the podium and put our name on a list. We waited maybe 30 minutes. I would try that. It worked for us. I would get there as soon as O'hana's opens. I did that and I was one of the first to put names in.

Anyone going to WDW with a travel package has 45 days from their arrival date to pay off their balance. I'm certain that there's at least a small percentage of people who cancel their trips at that point, so I'd concentrate on trying the on-line system around 45 days from when you want the reservation.

Ohana is sooo popular we tried to get an adr for 15 (ok this makes it less easy to start of with!) at 180 days and could only get a really late slot - we have swapped to WCC instead :thumbsup2

seriously I've been doing it for just a few days now, I go in several times a day, I have the link saved under my favs so it only takes a few minutes to check the days I want......I had originally an 8:55pm that I so did not think I'd even end up keeping, but just a few minutes ago got a 7:05pm :thumbsup2

I'm trying to get a reservation for 7 end of Nov/early Dec. There's nothing for the 10 nights we're there either!!! I will keep trying though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter