No highchair - what do you do?

viluvsdisney

DIS Veteran
Since we won't have a highchair in our room - how do you feed a 10 mo? It's just for 2 days and we aren't planning to eat breakfast outside the room at POR. Any suggestions? Thanks!

My suggestion would be for one parent to hold him/her while sitting in a chair while the other parent fed. Or if you're braver, sit in the chair at the desk holding the baby and use the desk as the table - let baby feed him/herself :) We usually ended up doing this at home and in restaurants as our older dd would never stay in a high chair. I just always held her on my lap :)

Don't forget the disposable bibs- for the holding adult!! Or feed first, bathe and dress second ;)

Laurie :)

We sat our then 8 month old up in his carriage to feed him. Gotta love that messy baby food on vacation. :rolleyes: ;)

If you will have your car seat, use that. Take a men's belt and stap it onto the chair so there is no change it can fall. Slide the chair up to the table and he is set to go,I mean eat. We did this many times, even in a resturant a few times.

jordan's mom

You could always rent one from a baby's best friend. Their website is www.abbf.com. I saw someone else posted on these boards that they did a great job with free set up and delivery and I was considering renting a toddler bed from them. I think I saw the high chair at 30.00 for the week with free set up and delivery.

POR doesn't provide high chairs? We stayed at BWV in June and all I had to do to get a high chair was call mousekeeping.

Ann:earsgirl:

Originally posted by disneyfor3
You could always rent one from a baby's best friend. Their website is www.abbf.com. I saw someone else posted on these boards that they did a great job with free set up and delivery and I was considering renting a toddler bed from them. I think I saw the high chair at 30.00 for the week with free set up and delivery.

We've used A Baby's Best Friend twice and have had wonderful service from them. I highly recommend them! I rented a full sized crib from them knowing from experience that our condo only had rickety small ones and they provided the crib sheets even!

When I was making my reservations I asked since they had the pack n play if they also had highchairs, the girl checked and said yes they do and reserved one for my room. She said she hadn't even known this so if you get someone that says they don't know or that they only have pack n play's tell them to ask someone else, because they do have highchairs!

Is your baby eating finger food at all? If so, then I'd recommend the twingles tray (http://www.twingles.net/) We attached it to our stroller and used it for DS when we were eating room service on our Disney cruise. IT's also great when you go out to eat, as you're guaranteed a clean surface for your child to eat off of. HTH!

Why not buy one of those portable booster seats with the trays? I have seen one at Target that folds up for about $20.00. Worth the investment and it didn't look too big.

we've used the stroller, the carseat and a portable booster. All worked quite well.

The portable booster that we bought has a tray attached, and you can either attach it to a chair, or we have just used it as a low chair on the ground.

Bev

We have used the "First Step portable booster seat" for all our vacations with babies. My oldest is 9 and we started using one when he was 6 mos. (we are on our 3rd one - LOL)

Like, summerluvv said, they are about $20. and well worth it. It attaches to any chair. You will use it this vacation and probably for a few years. Once the baby outgrows the highchair, we use it with a kitchen chair and pull our toddle right up to the table with us.

First Step makes 2 kinds of portables, the one where the sides(arms) fold in is better and bigger, it works better as the baby gets bigger. The other kind, where the tray swings out is kinda smaller and not a good.

An alternative is to feed the baby in the stroller.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter