No fast pass option for test track or soarin?

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
I did my fast passes today and there was no option to choose a fp for test track or soarin? Anyone know why?

Thanks, KIM

Did you schedule a FP+ for Frozen Ever After or IllumiNations? If you did, you can't pre schedule Test Track or Soarin' for the same day since all 4 of these attractions are in the same tier.

The FP+ are setup in tiers so you can only schedule 1 from each tier pr day. When you have used all FP+' then you may schedule one more at a time.

Could also be that the FP+ are gone for you dates?

I did my fast passes today and there was no option to choose a fp for test track or soarin? Anyone know why?

Thanks, KIM

If you rope drop, you should be able to get on one of those without a FP+. I think Test Track has a Single Rider line that goes pretty fast if there is a longer wait in Standby. The tiering is a tough one to get through without doing multiple days. I am doing my FP+ for our Spring Break trip. I have a scheduled for two half days in EP to get Frozen and Test Track in this trip.

The FP+ are setup in tiers so you can only schedule 1 from each tier pr day. When you have used all FP+' then you may schedule one more at a time.

Could also be that the FP+ are gone for you dates?
I did do frozen... is that line long? If I can get TT or soarin, should I get that instead? Thanks!!

Thanks all... I did get Frozen so I guess thats the issue... should I change it to TT or Soarin? Never ridden frozen but we do have a little girl with us but if the line isn't long... I can use fp for something else! thanks.. KIM

I did do frozen... is that line long? If I can get TT or soarin, should I get that instead? Thanks!!

Frozen can get long unless you wait until a few minutes before closing and get in the line then. With a rope drop strategy you may be able to knock out Soarin' and Test Track back to back with a little wait at whatever you do second. It would be a harder strategy to do that with Frozen in the mix because of the distance to walk. Opinions may vary on here, but I personally would keep Frozen FP+ and try a rope drop strategy for Soarin' and Test Track. Go to your favorite of those first. The wait for the second should be less than 30 min as long as there are no EM hours that day.

Of the three, I would say that Frozen is the longest average wait, the best for the 5 year old in your party, and the hardest one to grab day of. Right after you are done with your third fastpass for the day, see if you can grab a 4th for Test Track. The wait for Soarin' should be tolerable, as they added a new screen a couple of years ago and then has sped things up. I would rope drop it just to be safe, though.

I hate the tiering, what if you only have one day for that park?

I don't like it either, but your comment is exactly why Disney does it.
1. They can get more people into the high tier rides, drawing in more people per day
2. There are people like me who think "I want to ride both Avatar rides, I'll just go to Animal Kingdom for two days" extending my trip, and dining reservations, by a day or two every time I go.

I hate the tiering, what if you only have one day for that park?
Unfortunately, without enough rides in a park like Epcot, most people would book the big 3, FEA, Soarin and TT...and they’d be booked up 62 days in advance and there would be a ton more disappointed people.
So book FEA FP+, Rope drop TT, have your other FP+ 1st thing, and you’d have a good shot at Soarin as a 4th FP+ and/or go to Soarin standby after TT.

Frozen is definitely the best FP you can have for your 5 year old at Epcot. I understand from your other post that you have older boys, so if you want to split the party for one of the thrill rides, you could change theirs and maybe the other adult's to TT or Soarin (they might prefer TT actually)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter