No discounts of any kind at AoA?

fdecker

Mouseketeer
I have been trying to get into AoA for a while. I can usually login twice a day for a few weeks and get anything that is hard to get. I figured with people cancelling at AoA to get free dining elsewhere, today would be an easy day to get LM rooms. I guess there aren't enough of them because still no luck. But.. I'm doing a split stay, so called and asked about one or two days at AoA and actually found that. But when I wanted to put it on my AAA discount, no luck. So I'm wondering if they DO accept certain discounts but that room didn't qualify because it is a sub category of discount pricing, or it it wouldn't have mattered because they are only accepting rack rate for those rooms period.

Disney gives discounts in order to fill vacant rooms. If the demand for a resort or room category is high enough then they won't offer discounts for them- they have no need to entice guests to stay there.

We had two Little Mermaid rooms at AoA. When I called about changing rooms to take advantage of free dining, we aren't actually saving much money by switching. We did change to a family suite at AoA so our entire family could be together, but we're only saving $36 this way. So there may not be many people switching from the LM rooms, anyway. We have a family of six, though, so upgrading to a mod or deluxe is still a lot more money for us, even with FD.

I got a AAA discount when I booked in late May/early June. Could be that all the discount availability is gone because of the popularity of the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter