Nice story about pin attached to name...

Belle5

DIS Veteran
So, my stepdad has been sitting by his younger brother's bedside for weeks as his months of illness were coming to a close...His delayed memorial service will be in just under a couple of weeks. So much of my parents' time in recent years has been caring for their ill and dying siblings and their spouses. My parents, themselves, were both widowed in their late 30s and early 40s, but have been together for 30 years. The last several years my stepdad, who loves the beach, and my mom who loves WDW have vacationed with his (now deceased) brother and his wife. I know my parents are always wondering how many more vacations they will share... They have (understandably) been holding off on planning vacation time for themselves until their was closure with my step uncle.

Today, I was able to book them a last minute vacation. With very little hope of finding any deals considering they want to travel the day after the delayed memorial service, I began my search. The WDW website offered NO discounts for their dates, however, they were able to get free dining after my mom called to find out if a pin code was attached to her name. She just couldn't believe I knew that was something she could do! Rental car prices are sky-high because of spring break but we actually found an SUV for them to drive to the beach after their six nights at WDW. I also found them a really good deal right on the beach on Treasure Island!

My hopes were soooo low with it being Spring Break and this being relatively last minute. It all worked out and they should have a much needed vacation!

I hope they have a wonderful vacation. Sounds like they deserve it! Glad they received some pixie dust with the pin code!

Sorry to hear about the passing of you step-uncle. I think its wonderful your mom and dad were able to get a little pixie dust when they needed it most.

They deserve a very magical trip! Lots of pixie dust coming their way!:lovestruc

That's wonderful! I hope your parents have a fabulous trip! They certainly deserve it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter