Next Vacation Plan... What do you think?

Carie Baker

Mouseketeer
Ok... I've been planning for a while and I feel like I'm forgetting something. We just got back from our Alaska cruise (was spectacular btw) but now I need to focus on our Land and Sea vacation in March 2016. This is what I have so far... If anyone can see where I'm missing anything please let me know.

March 2016
My plan is to leave on Thursday night (before Spring break) late (haven't booked flights yet). Arrive at MCO and catch the DME to Pop Century for 2 nights. We have 2 days of park tkts and 2 days of dining plan. We'll get there too late in the evening on Thursday to use anything. Friday morning...Magic Kingdom day... get up have breakfast at Crystal Palace (on plan) as early as possible. FP Dwarf mine Train (we haven't done this yet) and Space Mountain (b/c he finally like roller coasters YEA!). Then ride what is on our do not miss list. Share lunch at Be Our Guest (not on plan) and later grab dinner at Casey's Corner (on plan) and do the Wishes Dessert party to watch the fireworks. Go back to POP and sleep. Next day get up and have breakfast at Chef Mickey's as early as possible and be back at Pop to catch the bus to Port Canaveral.

7 Nights on Disney Fantasy to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Castaway Cay on the Star Wars Day at Sea cruise.
The plan is to stay on the ship the day we are in Cozumel (b/c we've been there already). The Grand Cayman day... we want to do the dolphin and sea turtle excursion. Then will have the Star Wars day at Sea and then arrive at Castaway Cay... where I think we'll just enjoy the sunshine on the beach.

Arrive back at PC and have Disney transportation back to Pop Century where we'll drop off our bags (since it will be early and our room won't be ready) add park hopper to the remaining tkt we have and start at HS and end our day at Epcot. We'll have had breakfast on the boat... I'm thinking lunch in HS and Dinner in Epcot. I was thinking either Prime time 50's or Sci Fi for lunch. I'd really like to do Coral Reef for dinner but I'm allergic to seafood but Colin would love the scenery, or Garden Grill, or Germany, or Italy. I wouldn't mind doing Morocco but I don't think I'd get Colin to eat there at all.

Next morning... eat at hotel and do downtown Disney and maybe putt putt before 6pm flight.

What do you think...?

Wow!!! That sounds like a fantastic vacation! Looks like you've thought of everything. I can't see anything you missed. Perhaps someone else noticed something, but it looks great to me!

How old will Colin be at the time of travel? You two are going to have a great time! DS and I will live vicariously through you and Colin's upcoming vacation. LOL

Sounds great, I'm looking at doing something similar for spring break in 2018 if they continue with Star Wars at sea. We made commitments to meet other families at wdw in 2016 and 2017. Would love to hear about the cruise.

It sounds like a lovely trip, how does Collin like the plan? My daughter started to be tired of crystal palace around the age of 14 so he might prefer something else.

I wondered at first too if he'd get that teenage attitude about CP and CM. I went to him and asked what he thought we should do...he insisted that we do both because it wouldn't be a Disney trip with out going to those two restaurants. "Tradition, Mom." Lol. He is so excited about the whole trip. He actually surprised me with our HS/E day after the cruise and asked that we try something new for dinner...he picked the restaurant in Morocco. I've only eaten their once for lunch and I was 11. I hope it is good and that we like it but I'm so thrilled he chose it and wanted to do something new and different.

My daughter does that also and depending on how often we're there she'll want to change it some trips. You didn't mention what time was "too late to do anything" arrival day. We found DTD in the evening great for a nice stroll with musicians performing outside on the west side. We stopped into the tea cafe and spent a couple hours with a nice father/daughter stroll one evening, that was including bus travel to/from dtd. If early enough, they are opened later and that might be a nice start and something to do on that travel day for minimal, if any, cost. We were in WDW longer with no cruise, we also did something similar for a movie night at the AMC theater there on a down day.

My daughter does that also and depending on how often we're there she'll want to change it some trips. You didn't mention what time was "too late to do anything" arrival day. We found DTD in the evening great for a nice stroll with musicians performing outside on the west side. We stopped into the tea cafe and spent a couple hours with a nice father/daughter stroll one evening, that was including bus travel to/from dtd. If early enough, they are opened later and that might be a nice start and something to do on that travel day for minimal, if any, cost. We were in WDW longer with no cruise, we also did something similar for a movie night at the AMC theater there on a down day.

Thanks...the dtd idea for our arrival day is something to think on. Not sure what our flights going to be yet. We have 3 airports to depart from. I'm planning on working that day and Colin still has school too. We have a 2hrs flight time. Depending on which airport we leave from and what time we leave maybe we can do dtd that night. We plan on going over there the day we leave as well.

Depending on what time you get in to the room after your flight you could get some cool photos. I have done this several times and they are some of the best photos. The most important thing is have fun..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter