News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 cents on the height restriction thing - Saucers has a 32" height requirement, which is essentially a "Can your child stand up next to the measuring stick and walk?" restriction. This means that infants (who are just as stimulated looking at the land as they are on a ride) aren't able to go on it, which I guess is a little annoying to do a baby swap with an older kid, but then the older kid gets to go twice with both parents, so that's not really a bad thing. If there isn't an older kid, then it's 2 adults swapping with an infant for a ride clearly made for children. So realistically, are we upset they added a height restricted ride that infants can't go on, or that 2 new parents can't go on together with their infant? I'd never consider a 32" ride not family friendly. To add to that, I've been annoyed in the past that I can't get a child swap for TSM (no height requirement), because bringing an infant on that ride is extremely frustrating for everyone. I'd be much happier if that had had a 32" requirement, too.

My 2 cents on the height restriction thing - Saucers has a 32" height requirement, which is essentially a "Can your child stand up next to the measuring stick and walk?" restriction. This means that infants (who are just as stimulated looking at the land as they are on a ride) aren't able to go on it, which I guess is a little annoying to do a baby swap with an older kid, but then the older kid gets to go twice with both parents, so that's not really a bad thing. If there isn't an older kid, then it's 2 adults swapping with an infant for a ride clearly made for children. So realistically, are we upset they added a height restricted ride that infants can't go on, or that 2 new parents can't go on together with their infant? I'd never consider a 32" ride not family friendly. To add to that, I've been annoyed in the past that I can't get a child swap for TSM (no height requirement), because bringing an infant on that ride is extremely frustrating for everyone. I'd be much happier if that had had a 32" requirement, too.

maybe just how we have vacationed there but I like when my entire family can ride together and not have to do rider swap. Even if the infant doesn't get a ton out of the ride I like that my older two can ride with my wife and myself and not only one. And infants that are less than 32" definitely get very stimulated from things like It's a Small World - more so than a static "land"

"She moved through the crowded streets." - well, they got that part right

This is a pretty neat summary of the travels of the Falcon:
Flight-of-falcon-map.jpg

Missing at least one planet. :magnify:

maybe just how we have vacationed there but I like when my entire family can ride together and not have to do rider swap. Even if the infant doesn't get a ton out of the ride I like that my older two can ride with my wife and myself and not only one. And infants that are less than 32" definitely get very stimulated from things like It's a Small World - more so than a static "land"
Well, I wasn't talking about Small World, I was talking about Saucers & Mania. Sure, I want to ride Small World with everyone. Saucers & Mania though? You can't put 4 people and an infant in one ride vehicle anyway (and you also can't on Teacups & Dumbo, which are more akin to Saucers).

Well, I wasn't talking about Small World, I was talking about Saucers & Mania. Sure, I want to ride Small World with everyone. Saucers & Mania though? You can't put 4 people and an infant in one ride vehicle anyway (and you also can't on Teacups & Dumbo, which are more akin to Saucers).

right, so my point was if you are opening a land aimed at kids, then I'd like (and maybe just me) for one of the new rides to be like Small World that an entire family, no matter the make up, can do it together.

I don't disagree with you, however I think Disney has already built in their safety net.
Raise the prices, then discount it deeply later if they think they need it, therefore "lowering" the prices back to the new norm.
People are always expecting "30% off". Who really pays full rack rate? Well, let the people that absolutely positively have to be there first, pay sky high rates. Especially since california doesn't have the disney owned bed base to capitalize on the big crowds, that money has to come in via the gate.

Florida is building the beds now. Tickets will no raise as drastically, but the beds will be required for certain perks and the beds will not get any cheaper.

Here is an interesting analysis (or opinion piece?) from Montley Fool:

Is Disneyland Repeating Apple's Mistake?

Yeah, my DD would've love A.S.S. when she was 6 months. There is no way we would've baby swapped it though. At 12 mo she was was 32", but it depends on the sticks. At Blizzard Beach she was over one stick, right at another, but the one right before you got on the chairlift was at least an inch over her head (all three for the same ride were different heights). The ride op was also pretty rude about it. So anyways, even though she was tall enough, could walk, look around, etc, she wasn't allowed on after we waited for it (since she was good at the stick at the front). This is a big annoyance with 32". I like the family slide rule "Must be able to sit up."

Here is an interesting analysis (or opinion piece?) from Montley Fool:

Is Disneyland Repeating Apple's Mistake?
I think where they miss the mark a little is they don't factor in the season pass is where the big increase is. Disney is simply acknowledging that the break even on a season pass has been a soft point and they are tightening that down prior to a known event that will find people more likely to attend with those products.

I wish everyone could go for free, but it's a business. I think it was probably a pretty smart move for Disney. I don't think it will last for ever, but I think for this bubble it makes sense.
If they need to back track they'll simply offer a ridiculously cheap renewal to reward those that buy in at a high point. They'll feel some short term pain, but they'll recover.

They invested a ton of money recently in the park. Most look at it as catching up to previous neglect. Truth is you know they need a return on investment, and this a large gain. Disneyland as a unit just doesn't have many ways to get that ROI like Florida does.

New Animal Kingdom map

Interesting they still have, as item #27 " Rafiki's Planet Watch" ... but I guess now it is just at the station or something and you can't go anywhere but there is a Wilderness Explorer location there?

upload_2019-1-7_15-34-26.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-7_15-32-39.png
    upload_2019-1-7_15-32-39.png
    692.6 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter