• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Minnie Vans! Now if they could just make it to Art of Animation by April, I will be happy! Sure would make getting to Mickey's Backyard BBQ easier!

With them starting with Pop, I would think AoA wouldn't be too far behind. I wonder if they are going to start with the resorts that will be on the Skyliner - this way if they do discontinue some of the bus service they can tell people the Minnie Vans are an option if you don't want to ride the Skyliner

With them starting with Pop, I would think AoA wouldn't be too far behind. I wonder if they are going to start with the resorts that will be on the Skyliner - this way if they do discontinue some of the bus service they can tell people the Minnie Vans are an option if you don't want to ride the Skyliner
The Skyliner is still a year away so by the time it opens I would imagine all the values would have Minnie Van access.

Well, they could relate it to America (and possible the UK) based on the music they are using as it is classic music - might be a stretch, especially if they are having an Alien band playing, but hey, it is what it is

Oh, and I assume you meant Guardians links to Futureworld, not Tomorrowland, right?

Yes, sorry.

Do you think they'll ever expand the Minnie Vans to regular off-site guests? They might see a big increase in hopper purchases for guests staying for shorter periods :confused3

Wow. I’m extremely excited for this film and based on what I saw on twitter I am far from the only one. I haven’t read the comics though.

I've read the comics and they are epic. There is no way they could make a movie that would be as good as the comics were.

Having said that, I like to enjoy movies for what they are. Holding it to that standard isn't fair. This is the MCU universe, it's a different universe than the comics and the characters are different.

I'm beyond excited for this movie!! It has the potential to be my favorite movie of all time. Ten years of Marvel movies all leading up to this. I get chills everytime I watch the trailer!!

World Pavilion? What pavilion are you referring to? World Showcase (which holds 11 pavilions) had changed several times since it opened even adding a country (Morocco).

I'd say this isn't about not liking change. This is about being cohesive with the theme.

Hint: Walt's original vision was to build a futuristic city not a theme park. Things change and yes Disney is about making money but theming and doing things right is what got them to this point.

Ah, pedanticism. The best sort of reply.

None of these places in the world showcase are realistic. They are themepark versions of these places that are so out of date that they might as well go hang out with the Dinosaurs from Ellen's Energy Adventure.

The Mexico boat road looks like a travel brochure from the 60's. The same can se said about basically all of the movies.

So to be clear, the theme is outdated world views... right?

Instead of a Japan full of industrialism and commercial innovation - lets have a Shinto temple and sell pearls while banging on drums.

Last edited:
Ah, pedanticism. The best sort of reply.

None of these places in the world showcase are realistic. They are themepark versions of these places that are so out of date that they might as well go hang out with the Dinosaurs from Ellen's Energy Adventure.

The Mexico boat road looks like a travel brochure from the 60's. The same can se said about basically all of the movies.

So to be clear, the theme is outdated world views... right?
We will just have to agree to disagree then.

Yup - my company is the same. We have Positive Employee Relations Surveys and meetings annually. The #1 complaint annuals is reduction of benefits. The positive ratings went from 40% to 30% most recently down to about 25%. Would have meetings around this, but in the end, the problem is corporate keeps cutting benefits, so there is absolute zero that anyone below corporate can do to improve these results, and they choose not to. This year they decided to just eliminate the survey. So - welcome to corporate America.

This has been true for quite some time. At least 15-20 years.

My company gives a bonus for positive employee satisfaction surveys; not just for management but for everyone. No shortcomings are ever mentioned as everyone wants the bonus. Then they wonder why the turnover is so high and exit interviews are so totally out of correlation with employee satisfaction survey results. SMH

Last edited:
We will just have to agree to disagree then.

Reminds me of the lady who got mad about FEA because "the worlds showcase is educational and I take my kids there instead of trips around the world because they can learn so many more things in one place".

Reminds me of the lady who got mad about FEA because "the worlds showcase is educational and I take my kids there instead of trips around the world because they can learn so many more things in one place".
Agree to disagree. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter