News Round Up 2017

I still don't get whey they can't have everything linked into your magic band and just automatically apply any discounts you would be entitled to (AP, DVC, TiW, Disney Chase Visa, etc.) vs having to show your card or something still

That's what I'm saying. I'd settle for it just looking for APs at this point.

Was that film successful? Must be honest... it bored our whole family. :(

it made ~$640m globally in the box office and so far another $88m in domestic video sales

So not the biggest of hits but pretty solid and it was nominated for the academy award

Personally it isn't my favorite but I did very much enjoy it ... I also think the songs (particularly "It Calls me") seem to be featured a lot and I think will be one of the songs that lasts for a while and it featured a lot over time

They don't do overlays for relatively minor movies

I loved that movie. I'm not quite sure what your definition of relatively minor is. $642 international gross doesn't approach Frozen but it's nothing to sneeze at.

I wish we could get merchandise numbers.

Moana was minor?

Typical Lockedoutlogic. If he's not saying things to intentionally stir the pot I don't know what his identity is.

well, not always, but the more something gets talked about - especially in different forms, it seems like something eventually happens. Even things that happened with Newish Fantasy Land like double Dumbo had been in plans for a long time - obviously different form that originally thought of, etc.

just seems like we are hearing a lot of things related to Moana - maybe nothing comes of it but seems clear it is an IP that is being talked about to some extent

I can see moana filling a need somewhere. But never retheming a waterpark. Why would they bother? It's not really a "kid" place...especially typhoon...and until recently they basically ignored the waterparks since blizzard opened. I have a feeling new additions up on kirkman and I-Drive had something to do with that...

Agreed. If I recall correctly, the canteen wasn't accepting any discounts yet. I'd probably have to weigh my desire to save a few bucks vs save my sanity. Often times my sanity prevails in that equation. I always seem to get stuck behind the people who act as if they've never ordered food before in their lives.

or what about the group of 6 in front of you in line who looks like they're all going to order together and then order separately. :(
With Disney rolling out 20 and 30% discounts, I'm more likely to stand in line.

I loved that movie. I'm not quite sure what your definition of relatively minor is. $642 international gross doesn't approach Frozen but it's nothing to sneeze at.

Typical Lockedoutlogic. If he's not saying things to intentionally stir the pot I don't know what his identity is.
Definitely. It's obviously not frozen but it was quite successful compared to some other Disney films.

Ok...it was a success but not "exceptional"...how's that?

And it's not "stirring the pot" when it's true...do they not have English/philosophy classes in Columbus?

I can see moana filling a need somewhere. But never retheming a waterpark. Why would they bother? It's not really a "kid" place...especially typhoon...and until recently they basically ignored the waterparks since blizzard opened. I have a feeling new additions up on kirkman and I-Drive had something to do with that...

Oh, I would be very, very surprised if the full overlay of an entire park to Moana happened. But wouldn't be surprised if they added the presence somewhere in the parks or resorts.

Ok...it was a success but not "exceptional"...how's that?

And it's not "stirring the pot" when it's true...do they not have English/philosophy classes in Columbus?

Sure they do. That's why I called you out on saying 'relatively minor' and you changed it to 'not exceptional;. Those are different terms. But sure, I need extra classes.

Was ok...none of that stuff was exceptional, frankly.

They had the Hamilton guy...so people showed...but none of the songs made sense and the story was rather weak.
Agreed.

it made ~$640m globally in the box office and so far another $88m in domestic video sales

So not the biggest of hits but pretty solid and it was nominated for the academy award

Personally it isn't my favorite but I did very much enjoy it ... I also think the songs (particularly "It Calls me") seem to be featured a lot and I think will be one of the songs that lasts for a while and it featured a lot over time
Did better than I thought it did; and obviously the rest is subjective. We felt like it draaaaaaaagged and weren't really drawn in by any of the characters. To each his own! :)

Regardless... I don't see a whole water park overlay on this one... seems to make sense to at least wait to see if there's any staying power. Though that didn't stop them with Avatar... ...:duck:

Last edited:
Sure they do. That's why I called you out on saying 'relatively minor' and you changed it to 'not exceptional;. Those are different terms. But sure, I do extra classes.

Longterm?

Is moana gonna have legs? You can call me out all you want. But I always step back and look at things (takes about a minute) before I assess these things...not a huff of dust.

4 years ago frozen was decreed a "cultural phenomenon"...but (you can check) I got shouted at for saying it would end up being like little mermaid and beauty and the beast.

And now it's pretty much little mermaid. Which was a reasonable expectation.

Agreed.

Did better than I thought it did; and obviously the rest is subjective. We felt like it draaaaaaaagged and weren't really drawn in by any of the characters. To each his own! :)

Regardless... I don't se a whole water park overlay on this one... seems to make sense to at least wait to see if there's any staying power. Though that didn't stop them with Avatar... ...:duck:

Agree...

And zootoopia did about $1.05 at the box office? That is a pretty big sleeper hit.

Unlike cars 3...which I think officially ends that smokey and the bandit fetish...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter