Newbie with a question re: Free Dining Plan

Shay1

Earning My Ears
I'm hoping someone can help me out, I want to make sure what I want to do is feasible/kosher before I call reservations.

DH and I booked 5 nights at POP for the last week in September with the free dining plan. We upgraded to park hopper tickets. Total cost (we will be traveling with an 18 month old) was $904. I am excited about the deal, and tell my parents who decide they want to come. My Mom calls but the free dining deals are sold out for that week. They can get the same package for $904 plus $350 for the meals. So here is my question. Can I ammend my original reservation to be 4 adults (plus one infant) and the only incremental cost will be the park passes (because the dining plan would be "free"). Then my parents could book their own room at POP (and maybe get a better deal) and actually stay in their room? I hope this makes sense.

Alternately, are there any 2 BR accomodations that would be in the same price range? I'm pretty doubtful on that one ;)

Thanks!

I think there is an extra charge ($25?) per every extra adult (more than two) in the room.

Can you call and see if you can just add a second room on to your existing reservation and book that for them? I realize it doesn't sound much different than them booking their own room, but it might make a difference to CRO.

Who told her it was sold out??? She should be able to get into another value resort...
Can you all move to a value resort that has this offer still? Did you check All Star Movies and Music?

You can try amending your reservation to include everyone and have 2 rooms...

FYI - 2 bedroom villas at WDW start around $410/night I think... you can try to rent points from someone...

Good luck! :shamrock:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. POP alone is sold out for that week (but if I try online I can book a package of 4 adults in a room that same week for ~$1500). I need to call reservations tomorrow when they open back up.

Thanks all for the suggestions!

tone.def said:
Who told her it was sold out??? She should be able to get into another value resort...
Can you all move to a value resort that has this offer still? Did you check All Star Movies and Music?

You can try amending your reservation to include everyone and have 2 rooms...

FYI - 2 bedroom villas at WDW start around $410/night I think... you can try to rent points from someone...

Good luck! :shamrock:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter