Newbie here - MK suggestions?

lrigylruc

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are planning our first Disney trip for December 7-8 2012 and we plan to spend both days in MK. What are your top choices for character dining for DD (4) and LO (1)? We are thinking about doing a breakfast with princesses first thing Friday morning so we can get into the park early, then maybe dinner Saturday night before the parade etc. Open to all suggestions! Thanks for your help!

With those ages, Crystal Palace would be ideal. Heck, my kids are 8 & 12 and still insist on going there every trip, LOL. Nostalgic for them since they've been going since they were toddlers.

Thanks! Does it matter what time of day? If we wanted a dinner reservation before the Parade Saturday night, what time should we get? Do we absolutely need a reservation? Which of the two places is busier? We would like to make one reservation, and not plan our second reservation til we are there. Is there any chance of getting a reservation the day before for any meal in mid december? You can see I know absolutely nothing! Thanks again.

CRT and Crystal Palace are very popular. I would Highly recommend securing a reservation for either of those at the 180 day mark, especially if you want/need a particular time. Since they're both character interaction meals, you should give yourself a two hour cushion of time to eat and see the characters (we usually get through CP in 1-1.5 hours, but haven't done CRT since they changed it over to the Princess dinner event). Not sure what the parade schedule is for your travel dates, but maybe plan dinner for at least 2-2.5 hours prior to be safe. Remember that you may not get seated at your reservation time. If your reservation is for 5pm, you won't be seated until the next table is available for your party size...that could be 4:59pm, or it could be 5:20pm, depending on how busy the restaurant is that day.

CRT is the best I think but 2 credits so we are skipping it this time. Crystal Palace in my opinion was the worst Disney dining experience we had. Non-character I really liked The Plaza and Liberty Tree. Tony's was just ok. I would book the new Be Out Guest in the FL expansion if it is open. Another thing you could do and I highly recommend is Chef Mickey's at CR or 1900 Park Fare at GF. They are both really good for breakfast and dinner though I have not had Chef Mickey' for dinner yet but I will on March 7! You can take the ferry or monorail from MK. Chef Mickey's has the fab five and 1900 Park Fare breakfast has: Winne the Pooh, Alice in Wonderland, Mad hatter, Mary Poppins. 1900 park Fare dinner has: Cinderella, prince, step mother and step sisters (they are really fun!) The Polynesian Resort has O'Hana's with a Lilo and Stitch breakfast that is good too.

That is so helpful thank you! I have been reading about the Park Fare on other threads, and it seems awesome, and I like that it is close to the MK. I also just found out about the Tea Party there, and that is a must do. We read 3 different books about Alice and wonderland most nights, and dd turns 4 just before we go. So now I am thinking Friday: CRT Breakfast, earliest res we can get so we can walk through the empty park to the Castle. Tea Party at Park Fare Friday afternoon. Hotel for a nap/eat. Extra Magic hours. Rope drop Saturday see the Welcome parade, Lunch at Chrystal Palace, nap, dinner at hotel, Fireworks/parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter