New Year Eve on the Wonder (With a Service Dog)

Paragd911

DIS Veteran
This was are 3rd cruise on the Wonder(and best by FAR). It was Joy (DW), Shadow (D Dog) & myself this time.

A little bit about myself. I'm a disabled veteran, I have a service dog named Shadow. This was Shadows 3rd time on the ship. The most asked question is, "Were does he potty". Here's a photo we took the first time.
SHPotty-1.jpg

This time when we got into are stateroom, Shadow needed to "potty". He knew where to go on the veranda. The kiddie pool was there but there was no grass in the pool. Shadow looked at the pool for a min, then me to say,"Where is the Green stuff". I got on the phone quickly to get the grass. When I was on the phone the "grass" got here in a box. The worker said the shipment of sod was late.

After the life boat drill, we went to the sail away party. After that we saw the "Golden Mickeys"
DSC00989.jpg

It was New Year Eve, for dinner it was "formal night". Most of the people were in Fancy gowns and suits. I felt under dressed. :) They had a special menu(that we took). At dinner they gave us hats & tiaras to wear.
100_0607-1.jpg

At 11 the party started. About 11:45 we got a free glass (or 2) of Champagne. The young ones got grape juice in the same glasses. They had the count down then the Balloon drop in the Atrium. Looked like New York City lol. Donald was dressed as "Baby New Year" & Goofy was "Old Man Time"
100_0615-1.jpg

I will write more later. I need to start my day!

Hello

I remember you as Shadow too

I still waiting for Hearing for the Dog as had been awaiting over 2 years now...

Glad to hear that you both had a good times on New Year...

Scottishwee35

Ooh! That's a new thing I learned today, now I won't be wondering where service dogs go potty in ships... I wonder if people will believe me when I just tell them: "Oh a plastic kiddie pool with some grass in it" :rotfl2:

Awesome trip report, can't wait to read more!

Very interesting & something you don't see every day on a cruise ship.
I love Shadow's little shoes.

Well we woke up about 10 am. (we stayed up till 2am) Did i tell you we left the kids home on this trip? The kids were mad. :mad: :mad: They will get over it, we are going on the Wonder for Spring Break in March. (They don't know yet.)

It was are sea day. It was chilly (73) & windy. Joy had a manicure & pedicure at the Spa in the afternoon. The manicurist was scared to death of Shadow. (Shadow is a lover) oh well...When we payed for manicure & pedicure, I noticed a sign for Massage, Facial, Champagne, Chocolate &the Forest Rain room $125. I said "Joy you should do that". The Spa worker said" We can do that for couples too". Long story cut short i was "talked into it". We set it up for the next day. The was Show was Toy Story. I was just "OK" I loved Hercules wished it was still there.

We ate dinner at Tritons

CCI01092009_00000.jpg

Poor kids but you both need a break...

Lovely photo...

That will be great kids will be back on the Cruise...

Scottishwee35

I missed the Hercules show too. Toy Story almost put me to sleep!

Really nice photo of you two.

That's a great pic they did for new years...

did Shadow like his massage???

How fun. I never thought about the dog going potty. But interesting to know now. LOL! :lmao:

After dinner it was 70's night ...I'm a child of the 80s but we had a good time.. We closed the club down @ 2...(remember we left the kids in Nashville.) Shadow was tried ...ZZZZZ
We had towel art when we got to are room.. a white shadow??
100_0605.jpg

3rd day Nassau

We got up we went to the straw market. We were looking for local art. My wife came home with 2 pocket books.

DSC00944.jpg

After lunch we headed to the Spa. This was for my "Massage, Facial" and my last lol It was nice but :) on the way back to are room we ran into Jack.

100_06241.jpg

My red was still red from the Facial....She said "i look 5 years younger"

That night was pirate night Shadow felt like dressing up to

DSC01011.jpg

after the party came back to the room to play with on of his FE gifts

100_0622.jpg

this was are turn down service on 3 day...

100_0627.jpg

Darn, you'll be leaving the day we are embarking. I would love to bring Shadow some homemade dog biscuits.:dog:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter