• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New reviews - Jan. 1 - 7.

Myrtle

Mouseketeer
First time for a food review - will do my best to be concise. Party of 2 - myself (45yo female) and my son (16yo - more interested in the gals at Epcot than anything else!.)

Jan. 1 - Plane delayed x 2. Dinner at Planet Hollywood (voucher received from WDW for $15.00 off.) We had ribs and lasagna with bread sticks. No room for dessert. Truly the most awesome meal of the week. We're from Memphis and know how ribs and bbq should taste. Ribs were FANTASTIC! All around great experience tho' they need to allow a little more room between tables. Way too crowded.

Jan. 2 - Lunch in Japan at Epcot. Our chef was new and has only been in the U.S. for 6 months. She was trained by her boss there. She did a fairly good job and was very personable. Staff was extremely pleasant. Food was "just ok." Didn't care for the seaweed salad myself. My son and a teenage girl dining at the same table with us liked the taste but didn't care for the texture of it. Ginger cake was good. Ginger dressing on the salad was awesome. On a scale of 1-10; I'd rate this meal a 7.

Italy - grabbed a latte and chocolate mousse. Both were fantastic! It was raining outside and we really enjoyed them - comfort foods for both of us.

Dinner was at foodcourt at POR. Son had pizza and I had a cheeseburger and fires. Actually pretty good food.

Jan. 3 - Had made reservations for Rainforest Cafe' at Animal Kingdom with the intention of paying out of pocket as it's not on the DDP. We've always enjoyed this restaurant. Atmosphere was good. Waitress was very attentive. An order of cheesesticks, 2 burgers with fries, and 2 cokes - over $45.00. Food was cold and nothing better than I would have expected at any fast food restaurant on an off day. I usually don't complain when I go to restaurants but I did on this occasion. Also witnessed a manager correct our waitress in front of the entire restaurant. I spoke to the restaurant manager and explained this is "management 101" and should not happen in front of the customers. Also told him about our food. He was kind and apologetic and gave us a stuffed frog (about a $20.00 value) from their shop. That was nice but didn't really make up for the substandard meal we had so looked forward to.

Went to Cirque show (absolutely AWESOME) and had dinner reservations at WGP Cafe' in DTD. No wait. Table was awesome - in corner with view of the water. Waitress was very attentive. Crab cakes were the best I've ever had. Son really enjoyed them. Both of us had Wolf's steaks and had really expected them to be great - not so. Just "fair." On the regular menu they run about $32.00 each. I would have felt taken advantage of if I paid $20.00 each for them. Son had the white chocolate cheesecake which was wonderful. I had the key lime pie and, true to previous posts, it was wonderful as well. Coffee was good.

Jan. 4 - Went to MK. Grabbed a hotdog in the park (usual price - $7.00 each). Hotdog was good but they had no condiments and no diet cokes.

Supper at Liberty Tree Tavern. I didn't realize this was a character dinner - should have investigated more. Everyone received the same meal - salad (good), roast beef and turkey (good), mac.&cheese (fair), mashed pot. (good.) Apple cobbler with ice cream was pretty good as well. Overall, the food was about what I would have expected at a Perkins restaurant - nothing over the top but filling after a long day in the park.

Jan. 5 - MGM day. We had a big breakfast at Boatwright's. Had french toast, eggs, ham, sausage, and coffee. One of the best meals we had. They had a 35-45 minute wait which I found a bit strange as at least half of the tables were empty. Staff was very friendly. Wish we'd eaten there more often.

Supper at 50's Prime Time. My son had the steak which he thought was pretty good. I had the pot roast which we both really loved. It was awesome. I had a brownie sundae for dessert - it was good. He had a chocolate malt which was really good. Overall experience here was awesome. The staff was really good and we enjoyed ourselves. Waitress kept referring to my son as "skippy."

Jan. 6 - Seaworld. Had reservations for Flying Fish but we were having such a grand time we decided to stay at Seaworld and just grab something at the hotel. Went to PO French Quarter on way back to room and son grabbed a cheeseburger and I had a chicken sandwich and fries. Both were very good and filling.

Jan. 7 - Breakfast - again - at Boatwright's. Son had the same thing he had earlier in the week. I had the pancakes, bacon, and coffee. Again - the food was really good.

Went back to Epcot. Had lunch at Biergarten (?? - spelling) buffet. It was really good. We had no reservations - arrived at noon - were seated within 5 minutes. Other guests at our table were wonderful. Thought my son would think the show was "lame" but he really got into it. Even held his glass up with the others and swayed to the music. We had a really great time at this restaurant and the food were really good. The desserts were the best we had (bavarian cheese cake was so light and delicious.)

Grabbed candy at the store in Germany - wonderful.

Hope this helps. Found DDP to be a really good deal but we had difficulty using all the credits. Used snack credits for cokes and ice cream in the parks. Used all table service credits by the last day. Believe we left a couple of counter service meals unused.

Will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Myrtle:woohoo:

Thanks for your reviews - we're planning on doing Cirque and WGP Cafe on our next trip!! Can't wait.:banana:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Great review. Did you make ADR for all the restaurants prior to your trip? We are expected to go the week of Jan 1 - Jan 8 2008 and wanted to know if we needed to make ADR. Also were the parks really crowded?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter