New Places to Try

cmorris303

DIS Veteran
Hi! We're staying at the Poly from 8/17-8/24. There will be 12 of us for part of the vacation and 6 of us for some. I'm trying to think of some fun and different places to try. We will have kids the following ages:
boy 18 months, girl 4, boy 8, girl 10. The rest are all adults.
We will definitely go to Chef Mickey's for breakfast and Ohana for dinner as they are traditions for every trip.
I have a good idea of what kids/character meals we are going to do, so I am looking for fun places for a group for dinner. We are not on the dining plan, but have Tables in Wonderland.
We've tried Raglan Road, Cape May Cafe, Big River Grill, San Angel Inn, Teppan Edo, and 50's Prime Time Cafe.
Thanks for your suggestions!

Last edited:
It's hard to give you ideas of new places to try when we have no idea where you've already eaten.

It's hard to give you ideas of new places to try when we have no idea where you've already eaten.
Oh my goodness, I completely got distracted and forgot to add that part in! I've gotten some awesome advice on these boards so I just assumed everyone could read minds as well...haha. I'm going to edit my original post now.

We have similar tastes - we always eat at Cape May, Ohana, Teppan Edo. We also enjoy Crystal Palace, Be Our Guest, and are really looking forward to trying Skipper Canteen this time. We've also liked Whispering Canyon in the past, that could be fun with a big group. We also love Via Napoli.

ETA: I can also see Via Napoli being very budget friendly for a big group (if you are on the dining plan then this doesn't apply). 4 of us can all share a large pizza and some bread and it's easily our cheapest TS meal, by far.

Last edited:

Have you explored the options at Disney Springs. Lots of new exciting places to try like Homecoming and I am watching for reviews when the Planet Hollywood Observatory opens.

Beirgarten in Epcot is fun for a crowd and every one should find something that they like on the buffet. There is an oompah band that plays while you eat.

We've also enjoyed meals at Tusker House, Boma and Yak and Yeti

Have you explored the options at Disney Springs. Lots of new exciting places to try like Homecoming and I am watching for reviews when the Planet Hollywood Observatory opens.

Beirgarten in Epcot is fun for a crowd and every one should find something that they like on the buffet. There is an oompah band that plays while you eat.

We've also enjoyed meals at Tusker House, Boma and Yak and Yeti
I forgot to mention Tusker House! Yes, we've also enjoyed breakfast there. We love Sanaa as well.

Thanks for the suggestions! I've been wanting to try Sanaa or Boma so I think I'm going to put one of them on the list. Homecoming sounds really good...that might be going on the list, too!

Agree about Homecoming being a good place for a group & the food is excellent
If money isn't an issue Hoop dee doo Revue would be a great group outing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter