New park needed!!!

I can't beleive I am saying this b/c I wanted a 5th park as much as anyone else but with all the updates and changes that have been done and are taking place now I'm perfectly content with WDW at 4 parks.We visit often, every year a couple of times and still have plenty to do to keep us busy and keep things fresh and new. Of course they still need to scrap that horrible Avatar plan and do something else at AK but that's whole other thread.

Disagree. If anything, they only need to add attractions--at two parks in particular. Anyone care to hazard a guess which ones? ;)

Hmm... A few more put put rounds at 1. Winter Summerland and 2. Fantasia Gardens ?? Did I win, did I win!?!?

Seriously though, I actually agree with the OP; we need a new park. I absolutely understand why that is not happening, and I agree that there is room for expansion at other parks, but I also think there is a reason that Uncle Walt bought so much land.

Well a good portion of that land was supposed to be a city...a true experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow where 20k of 'us' could have experienced an idealized Utopia or something like that.

Well a good portion of that land was supposed to be a city...a true experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow where 20k of 'us' could have experienced an idealized Utopia or something like that.

Hey, I'll take that, too.

Again I am all for adding on to the current parks and upgrading the current parks and refurbing the current parks, but it seems like they need all of this. They are just adding more beds for more bodies.

Again I am all for adding on to the current parks and upgrading the current parks and refurbing the current parks, but it seems like they need all of this. They are just adding more beds for more bodies.

Yes and during the slow months they have to run promos like Free Dining to get people to switch to on site vs off site. More rooms doesn't necessarily mean more overall park attendance.

I didn't post this in my PP but the only way this can happen is for there to be some way to add an 8th day to a week. Because right now there is just not enough time in the average vacation week to do another park. It has nothing to do with crowds its all about fitting it all in.

It makes more fiscal sense to update and expand what they HAVE then it does to build another park. Think about the costs not only in constructing a new park, but in running that park when it is finished. That is a lot of money. Expansion doesn't take near that amount of money and time. So, from a business stand point, it wouldn't make sense right now to build another park.

~I'm seeing more and more of Oswald. After Disney upgrades all of the parks, I would love to see Oswald get his own park, with a land dedicated to the Superheroes and a "land of the forgotten" that has a retro feel and features old favorite attractions that have been replaced over the years! Also, a section for those Disney favorites who were overlooked!:wizard: :goodvibes

MGM definately needs some love and new attractions before anything new is built. the great movie ride needs a much needed overhaul, pixar place needs to be expanded, and they need to do something with the backlot tour, as it's just abysmal.
animal kingdom is getting new attractions in the distant future ('avatarland') but it needs some more e tickets. i think it's one of the reasons why the yeti is yet to be fixed; they simply can't afford to take down EE and leave the park without any big attractions.

There is plenty of work to be done in Epcot, DHS, and AK.

I think the Fantasyland expansion is going to help out a lot over in MK. The more I hear about it, the more excited I get.

Honestly, adding a 5th park right now would be just too much. I'm a young adult who can really only afford 4-5 day trips. Sometimes only 3 day trips on a long weekend. And it's hard to see even half of WDW in that time. With another park, I'd never feel satisfied.

Improve and upgrade what we have now :)

i think it's one of the reasons why the yeti is yet to be fixed; they simply can't afford to take down EE and leave the park without any big attractions.
:offtopic:
Sorry about going a little bit off topic with this, but what is wrong with the Yeti? I haven't been in a couple of years, but I remember it working when I was there last.

:offtopic:
Sorry about going a little bit off topic with this, but what is wrong with the Yeti? I haven't been in a couple of years, but I remember it working when I was there last.

He doesn't move and hasn't since about the same year EE opened.

I am with the people that do not think a 5th gate is needed. Disney is adding in new things and they still have alot of room to do more. Witht he expanding they are doing at MK and AK that will add more to those parks. I agree that Epcot needs more but there is ALOT of unused buildings and space there that they can use to make it feel like a entirely new park if they wanted to. Ok and now for something I have been saying since day one when Disney bought Marvel... They should add in a Marvel "land" to HS. I know that Universal has the rights to some of the Characters but there are alot of them that could be incorperated into the Marvel "land" I would love to see what they can do for a Iron Man ride or Thor!

There is a definite need for updates at the parks. My "fantasy" would to see a 5th gate based on the Disney Villians with the majority of the park being thrill rides. Having said that, DHS could definitely stand some new attractions..what about bringing the Indy ride for DL? How about a Monsters ride? Epcot definitely needs an overhaul in both FW and WS. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Moving to TP community as this is not a thread about trip planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter