Hello JoD , Welcome to the DIS. Will you be getting married in WDW or honeymooning there?

Thank you for the warm welcome.
Yes we are getting married in WDW on May 2, 04 at the WP and GF. I am so excited and nervous about all of this and could really use some advice.:Pinkbounc

Jo you have come to the right place :)

Who will be at your wedding?

Where are you having your weding breakfast or reception?

What can we help you with?

This is going to be the most exciting day of your life and we're gonna help you get through it. I personally am going to focus on the fact that Disney are doing my wedding and they have a reputation to uphold so everything I know will be perfect and go smoothly :)

I do have 100% faith in my EM she is GREAT.
We have about 100 guests coming from NY and PA.
Our reception is at the GF which I am so excited about ( it is beautiful).
Does anyone have any suggestions about the little disney extras you can add to your wedding to make it special. I really wanted to dessert slipper but it is soooo exspensive.

Jo,

I am having the slipper dessert and it is ony $5 extra pp and it substitutes the dessert originally designed with the meal. I know $5 pp for 100 pp is alot, but they shouldn't be quoting you too much more then that. It's only $13 or so if you do not have a meal attached.

HTH

Kismetdreams

They quoted us $1750.00 for the slipper dessert, that includes all fees and we are having a full reception dinner with a wedding cake.

Kismetdreams- This may be true if one is ordering one of the already made up Plated Lunches/Dinners that already come with dessert however not for the Al a cart choices. If an Al a Cart choice is chosen like my menu was which was the following
Bibb Lettuce
with Herbs, Edible Flowers, Micro
Greens and a warm
Goat Cheese Scone
passed Rosewater Vinaigrette
$12.00++ pp

Filet Minon Worchestershire Demi-Glace
Maine Lobster Tails
Lemon Beurre Blanc
Potato Basket Filled with Roasted Garlic Potato Mousse
Baby Vegetables
60.00++ pp

and the the dessert would of been
Cinderella’s White Chocolate Slipper
Cream, Raspberries and Chocolate
Mousse Teardrop
Castle Silk Screen Plate
$13.00++ pp

There is no price adjustment on the desset if Al a cart items are chosen.

That is why I ended up opting just to have the cake as the dessert which was INCREDIBLE, and then just had a dessert pary at Illuminations.
I felt since we were having this dessert party that the dessert after the meal and cake was not nessesary.

Ellieb,
Do they offer plated menus? I was never informed of that.
I am having such a hard time picking the menu for dinner and the pre-reception and I need to order my invitations this week.

Yes they do offer plated menus. If you would like to email me I will send you the list of plated menus that they gave me which was in affect for May of 2003. Not much should of changed to them.
The sheet I have also has all the al a cart menus as well as dessert, buffets, drinks and Illuminations party prices.
It will be very helpful Im sure.

Ellie and Jo

I am not having a pre-plated menu. I created custom menus, none of it is on any of the restaurant menus and my Em told me that the meals come with an appetizer, a salad, and an entree, veggie and starch and a dessert. None of my items are al la carte, but none are on the menu and they are only charging me $5 pp extra to have the slippers for dessert.

Below is the direct quote from the e-mail my EM sent me in response to my food choices:
Menu includes appetizer, salad, entrée with starch and veg, freshly baked rolls and butter, dessert and coffee, tea and iced tea. To do the Cinderella slipper, it would be an additional $5.00++ per guest

And my meals and pricing are:

Cheese platters ** $4.50++ per guest
Veggie platters ** $4.25++ per guest

Appetizer Course~Seasonal grilled Veggies with Goat Cheese **

Salad Course~Buffalo Mozzarella and Tomato Caprese **

Entrée Course (All served with maybe grilled asparagus?)

1. Vegetarian: Gnocchi with sauce (Vodka sauce?)/Eggplant rolls stuffed with ricotta cheese ** - $49.95++

2. Beef: Grilled Tenderloin with wine glaze/mushrooms with garlic mashed potatoes - $64.95++

3. Chicken: Stuffed chicken breast with garlic mashed potatoes - $56.95++

Kids Menu~Mickey-roni and Cheese/Chicken Fingers Meal - $21.00++ per child

I think what we have to remember here, is that sometimes some brides will get something at a different price to other brides. I know that this has been the case for our wedding. Sometimes it's higher and sometimes it's lower.

Kristen I know you selected a custom menu but I think your EM still let that meal be part of the package which included dessert anyway which is why yours was only $5 extra for the slipper. This I believe is a little different to how ellie's meal was calculated by her EM. Even though both receptions were/are by the Yacht Club Convention Centre, weird huh ?! But sooooo Disney ;)

We are also having the reception at Ariels part of YCCC and I don't have my prices yet but I know that we went with the package meals too but I chose off the a la carte dinner menus even though we are having a lunch which includes all what you mentioned Kristen. However we are not having dessert so I don't know how they are going to work out our price as yet. I'll let you know as soon as I get it

Jo you need to check what menu options the GF sent you and then go from there. If you go with a meal that means that you pay for the entree and then the appetizer and dessert is included then I believe this is what is referred to as a plated meal which means taht your dessert is already included in the price and so you may be able to upgrade the desert to a slipper at a lower price.

Let us know

Hi Jo! Welcome neighbor! I am from Jersey...

We too have a lot of people coming down for our wedding...about 150 so far.

Congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter