New Hotel Thread Here The First One Reached Its Limit-READ 1ST POST IMPORTANT INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
that just happened to me I'm a lot worried!

Last night when I was on and the timer was on it re-directed me.
This really got me worried. DH always says don't enter info where you are redirected-kinda like following a link from an email. I guess I just got spooked since I was already in the middle of the process.

I did run a scan on Norton this morning after checking here and I too had malware and a trojan. I don't know if that is related but after losing my laptop last week to another bad trojan I didn't want to take a chance.

Hi y'all. I was just checking in to see if all the confusion had subsided. I know that I checked out of this yesterday, but I thought of something last night that I really thought should be brought up. I know it will sound like sour grapes, and I am really not trying to stir up trouble. I'm not. But has anyone that has actually confirmed their reservation also confirmed that the room is paid in full? And also, even if it is paid in full, can LMT go in 5 days before the trip and cancel this reservation? Do they have that ability? Or even worse, they take the loss of one nights payment (or somehow bill it on your CC) and you arrive the day that they canceled the reservation?

Believe it or not, this kept me up some last night, even though I don't have a reservation. I would really hate for any Disser to get taken advantage of, and I hope this doesn't happen. But the "F" rating from the BB and the LMT's employee's reaction when asked about that really sent up a red flag to me. I just don't trust the people that are running this "contest".

Please forgive me if I have made anyone mad..it wasn't my intention.

I was wondering this too. I have seen many reports of people going to Disney and checking in and told they owe more $$$. Who is to say this would not happen. Remember when people were making ressies with pins they did not have and Disney tried to make them pay up. Just a thought.

OT -Disney Queen love your dog we have one that looks just like him. (similar markings)

To those who have gotten in this morning, what page have you been on when the video popped up?

I was on the hotel page, the banner that says Cancun from $110 or Cocoa Beach from $85 changed to FROM $1 and thats when I hit the search hotels button, the video started and I heard the timer clicking.

Yesterday I was going just by the Chat room. DSs wouldn't let me near the cpu so I had to just go by the chat (so I was here just lurking not chatting:wave2:)

But after everyone is saying that nothing happened....and now it just seems very random I don't think I'll have an opportunity to try. To top that off my youngest has the stomach bug :-)coffee: :hug: ) He is sleeping right now so I might try here and there but for the most part I think I am done.

Good luck to everyone, congrats to the winners, it's been nice chatting/lurking w/ you all :)

I had this happen a little while ago (around 9:00am PST). I had 5 nights at POR (no deluxes were on the list). I had over 2 minutes left when I entered my cc information. I got to the final screen where I needed to enter a code at the bottom of he screen. I entered the code and got the "promotion over" screen.

The exact same thing happened to me. No deluxes. POR was there. I had 1:45 to enter CC info...entered that and the code...and it immediately popped up and said promotion over. :badpc:

Originally Posted by Mickeys.friend
and for those of you that can just "pass up" a free value resort stay....well I gotta say you are just nuts...

I'm not nuts! I'm just not going to pay for something that doesn't work for me just because it's a ''deal". That room is left for someone who can really use it.

I was wondering this too. I have seen many reports of people going to Disney and checking in and told they owe more $$$. Who is to say this would not happen. Remember when people were making ressies with pins they did not have and Disney tried to make them pay up. Just a thought.

OT -Disney Queen love your dog we have one that looks just like him. (similar markings)

Someone on SDs actually took their promo last weekend (like they won monday for last fri, sat, sun) no problems no payment due.....just to let you know though it wasn't Disney I think one was in Cali and one was in NYC

I had two videos.

Thanks for your quick response. I was on the billing info page when i got timed out. Was there anything else after the billing infor page?

I got the video last friday but was again timed out. I remember there were survey questions between videos but i didn't see any of that today.

for those of you getting angry and upset that it's not working for you when you already have other trips booked, and for those of you that can just "pass up" a free value resort stay....well I gotta say you are just nuts...I wish i was in either of those situationsLIZ

No flames from me. I have been baffled at the number of people complaining that they only got offered a value or moderate. I started this thinking I would try for Disney but after adding up the cost of plane tix, park tix and food, that's still too much for us. I'm now hoping for a hotel someplace close to home just to get away with my family for a week.

I don't feel like I "deserve" this for the time I have put in but I know this may be the only way we will afford a summer vacation so I'm sitll hoping for the best.

Good luck everyone!

Which screen should you be on to get the video? Home/main page or hotels or searching hotels or the $1 deal page or what?

I was on the hotels page and had inputted my info (dates, city, # of people) and clicked search when the video opened.

From previous statements, you need to be actively searching on the website not just refreshing. I click search, scan the page, go to the 2nd page, click on "to hotels page" and repeat.

I got 2 videos and the survey, all my information in, the secret code and then when I hit enter, it took me to the screen that says that the promotion is off.:mad:

Hey Guys, I am going to start a new thread for this as this is already at 243 and they close them at 250.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter