New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The time schedule you both expressed gratitude for is for THAT DAY only. Please do not go into this with that schedule in hand and expect it to be the same when you are there. Disney is still fine tuning this service and the exact times for each park have been changing daily.

Which is exactly why I said not to take it as gospel. I'd be surprised if those times don't change, if they haven't already. Luckily for us, the times did not vary during our 5 day stay. Once we figured out the schedule, it made planning much easier!

The time schedule you both expressed gratitude for is for THAT DAY only. Please do not go into this with that schedule in hand and expect it to be the same when you are there. Disney is still fine tuning this service and the exact times for each park have been changing daily.
Most of them seem like what we saw, but on Tuesday the Epcot to DHS was on the top & bottom of the hour.

PS - if you've used it and enjoyed it, don't forget to tell disney that so they get a "will remain by popular demand" situation. If you didn't enjoy it, please keep quiet so those of us that do find value can get it :)

I haven't used it but would love to write in and say how much I hope they are keeping it so I can when I get there in June. Where do I send an email?

Okay now that I have returned I can share my thoughts on this service. We bought the $24 for 7 days option. We used the service from 1/3-1/9. Of those 7 days I believe we actually used the service 4-5 days. Even with not using it every day its a great service and saves so much time. We traveled with a DVC member and right off the bat she said that the price of this is going to go up as soon as more word gets out. I have to agree with her. While we never encountered a full bus we encountered others using the service every time we used it. I think pricing will go up if this becomes a permanent thing.

Two improvements I wish they could make. The first would be to post the times that the buses leave for each park. I don't want to have to go up and ask every time to find out when the bus leaves. Posting the times online or on the flyer would help. The second would be something we encountered. We literally just missed the DHS bus from Epcot so the next bus was in 30 minutes. Okay, no problem, however the CM came over 15 minutes later and said the the DHS bus arrived but we had to wait until the AK bus departed. I thought that would take a couple minutes. No, we had to wait another 15 minutes for the full 30 minute before we could leave. I was a little ticked off at that.

So if you just missed a bus and were in a hurry would you have hopped a cab? Just curious if 30 min worth the wait vs other transportation issues.

These are the times I jotted down while we were there. Don't take it as gospel though- they're subject to change and in my hurry at the parks, I could've made an error. I do think this is correct, just no guarantees!

Epcot to AK: 20/50 - AK to Epcot: 20/50
Epcot to MK:10/40 - MK to Epcot: 10/40
Epcot to DHS: 20/50 - DHS to Epcot: 20/50
AK to MK: 00/30 - MK to AK: 00/30
AK to DHS:10/40 - DHS to AK: 10/40
MK to DHS: 20/50 - DHS to MK: 20/50

you have one error that I see - EPCOT to DHS is 00/30.

I was told by a guest relations person (who called me regarding our lack of Concert confirmation e-mail) that they were receiving lots of positive feedback on having the schedules set so it looks like things will stay this way.

I hate to disagree but I do - we've been riding for 3 days (generally doing 3 parks per day) and the schedule has remained the same.

I hate to disagree but I do - we've been riding for 3 days (generally doing 3 parks per day) and the schedule has remained the same.

We were there 5 days and the times never changed either. That's not to say they won't ,but they aren't changing daily either.

It may be they have found their magical calculation and are ready to set the schedule, but since no one else had reported the experiences you two have had, I wanted to caution those taking that schedule in hand. Thanks for coming back and letting us know there may be a published schedule soon.

It may be they have found their magical calculation and are ready to set the schedule, but since no one else had reported the experiences you two have had, I wanted to caution those taking that schedule in hand. Thanks for coming back and letting us know there may be a published schedule soon.

I would still caution anyone, as I did in my original post, not to count on that time schedule being set in stone. This was our experience only and until they actually publish a set schedule, I would expect it might change. My suggestion is to remember to stop by and ask when you're in the area so that you'll know and won't have to wait or miss a bus by a few minutes.

They were definitely leaving exactly when they were scheduled. A minute late might as well be 20, because the bus will be gone.

They seem to have corrected the issue of leaving a park at closing- we had no issues catching a bus to the MK from DHS after the Star Wars show or leaving AK after closing to go to Epcot. In fact at AK, we took the long way around to try and get a peek at the activity on ROL. The park closed at 7:30 and they ran the :50 bus. It was the one bus they held, but my sil was at the stop, we were the only ones getting on and they told him to tell us not to rush.

I haven't used it but would love to write in and say how much I hope they are keeping it so I can when I get there in June. Where do I send an email?

I did my part last week and sent my feedback. Telling them why such a great service to me and
with my feedback based on the reviews. I said:
1.Please keep this affordable
2. A standardized times guide would be great!
3. a stop on both sides of Epcot would be ideal!
4. At meal times a one way to Disney Springs would be great. (I explained I realized that due to no security a shuttle back to a park would not work) This would make park visitors wanting to eat at Disney Springs life much easier..less time wasted transferring at lunch to a resort then there, while supporting Disney Springs businesses.

..The only thing I did not add is the park close shuttle to another park open later as I understood they are doing that..but wished I put it as something important too keep!

So if you just missed a bus and were in a hurry would you have hopped a cab? Just curious if 30 min worth the wait vs other transportation issues.
Considering you loose 3 of the main features of this service by doing that I can't see it as a viable option.
You'd have to go through security again, go through turnstile again and walk in/out of the park again.
I'm betting that would eat up the 30 min you waited, and maybe even then some

Considering you loose 3 of the main features of this service by doing that I can't see it as a viable option.
You'd have to go through security again, go through turnstile again and walk in/out of the park again.
I'm betting that would eat up the 30 min you waited, and maybe even then some

I agree. Even factoring in waiting the full 30 minutes, there is no faster way to get from park to park imo. Getting dropped off inside the park saves a huge amount of time- especially on crowded days.

Can you purchase the Express transportation and have it added to your magic band at your resort? I'm staying at All Star Sports with a friend and would like to buy this at the resort and have it added to the magic bands as a surprise for her.

Can you purchase the Express transportation and have it added to your magic band at your resort? I'm staying at All Star Sports with a friend and would like to buy this at the resort and have it added to the magic bands as a surprise for her.

Some have reported being able to, some not. We were not able to do this at AOA and were told it was because our tickets were purchased separately. Not sure if that's accurate or not, but regardless, we couldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter