New Disney World AP Pay and get less?

I'm really glad standard parking is still included. I'm semi-local so having to pay for parking every time I go would probably have been my breaking point on renewing my annual pass or being done. I am disappointed on the amount of the price increase though.

The price difference from my Gold pass renewal to a Sorcerer pass renewal is $165. To pay about the same as I pay now, I would have to renew to a Pirate pass but would lose ~15 Saturdays. I am also really over the park reservation system. The potential for being effectively blocked out of parks on non-blockout dates due to the reservation system is not cool to me. I'm pretty sure I'll still renew when my pass is up, but I don't know to which level.

I purchased DVC last year when new AP's were not being sold. I have a trip booked for the 50th at the end of September, and purchased 7 day park hoppers for my husband and I at the time of my reservation . Can I apply the cost that I paid for these tickets towards AP's? Do I call DVC or guest services? TIA!

Yes you can! Call regular guest services or even the AP line. DVC guest services cant help here. Of course you'll most likely have to wait until 9-08 and the phones will be CRAZY that day!

(407) WDW-PASS or (407) 939-7277

In order for it to operate like MaxPass and be a success, capacity will need to align with their models. Otherwise they will be issuing refunds and the response will be horrible.
Exactly. The MP system operated completely fine without capacity controls at DLR where there were no park reservations. Park reservations aren’t to make Genie+ a better customer experience.

I purchased DVC last year when new AP's were not being sold. I have a trip booked for the 50th at the end of September, and purchased 7 day park hoppers for my husband and I at the time of my reservation . Can I apply the cost that I paid for these tickets towards AP's? Do I call DVC or guest services? TIA!
Yes, but they're advising that you should wait until the end of your trip to upgrade to an AP so as not to (potentially) lose your existing park reservations. (And I'm specifically noting that on the possibility that you have park reservations for October 1st.)

I don't think they've lost all sanity, I think they realized they've been undercharging for APs for years now. I know it seems worse because some of the benefits are separate now, but I think the overall value of an AP is still there if you vacation multiple times a year or are a local.

Excluding any extra perks or discounts and just looking ticket to ticket - it's still a better deal than getting individual day tickets over a year and that's all it really has to be to keep selling them to somebody.

So the pixie dust pass is similar to the old weekday only pass but INcreased price, still need advanced reservations AND it’s a hopper, with blocked days. I’m curious on the price difference but I def don’t recall 399. + nor do I recall the specific number of blocked out days versus the new Pixie dust pass
WOW… for some reason I’m not surprised tho… the GREED is INcrediblly Gross 🤮

It's pretty clear that they want to sell more full price tickets and less AP's for the daily crowd mix. The price increases and block out dates are pretty much designed to make sure that G+ and IAS are given more opportunities to maximize income from guests. I'm sure they will get a lot of takers at the Incredi-pass, maybe even more than we on here would like to admit.

Out-of-state are only able to purchase the Incredi-pass, and the other passes are only for FL residents or DVC
So, they only want Florida residents to go to DW now? because the Incredi-pass with it's large $$$ is available to people from out of state? they are getting worse by the minute....not only are we having to pay more for the pass but we have to still pay for transportation and lodging! after this trip we are taking in October I'm not sure what we are going to do.

I'll go back to giving the Disney photographers my camera to take photos. Unless they're going to start charging for that as well. I won't have the magic shots, but so be it.
I saw another post where the CM are no longer allowed to use your camera. They had to grab another guest to take the picture for them. It was the only post I saw on the subject. So take it with a grain of salt.

So, they only want Florida residents to go to DW now? because the Incredi-pass with it's large $$$ is available to people from out of state? they are getting worse by the minute....not only are we having to pay more for the pass but we have to still pay for transportation and lodging! after this trip we are taking in October I'm not sure what we are going to do.

No I don't think they want the Floridians either. The lower passes are so blocked it's almost a joke

I have had a FL res Seasonal/Silver pass for years and now to renew I have to pay more and I wont get most weekends and holidays. I dont care about the summer week days, we avoid WDW summers because of the crowds. So I guess we are supposed to go to Universal or SeaWorld on the weekends and holidays.

So the pixie dust pass is similar to the old weekday only pass but INcreased price, still need advanced reservations AND it’s a hopper, with blocked days. I’m curious on the price difference but I def don’t recall 399. + nor do I recall the specific number of blocked out days versus the new Pixie dust pass
The new one has more blocked weekend dates and the previous one varied on parks too. Some days only AK others there were more.

The last Florida Resident weekday select pass I purchased was back in Oct. 2018. With tax, I paid $307.79.

We bought our weekday select passes for the first time in the fall of 2018, and I believe the price was around $365 (can't remember for sure). Since then, we've renewed twice, and it was about $310 - $315 (can't remember that exactly, either). So yes, it's a higher price, but I am not too concerned about the increase. Even though we lost a few Monday holidays, we gained all of June and July, so I'm happy with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter