• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Dining Plan changes. Have you heard ?

Elisa

momtwo2
I just read this from allearsnet.com. I'm so glad we're going in 2006.Check out the Epcot list. Ouch !!!

A number of other changes to the Disney Dining Plan will become effective in 2007:

-- There will be no participating restaurants at Coronado Springs Resort.
-- Dining Plan can be used for In-Room Dining (as described above).
-- Dining Plan can be used for dinner shows, seating Categories
2 and 3 only.
-- Dining Plan can NOT be used at pool bars.
-- Dining Plan can NOT be used at any Downtown Disney location except Cap'n Jack's Restaurant.
-- Aunt Polly's deleted from Magic Kingdom list of participating restaurants.
-- The following Epcot locations deleted from the list of participating restaurants: Boulangerie Patisserie, Chefs de France, Cantina de San Angel, San Angel Restaurant, L'Originale Alfredo di Roma, Lotus Blossom, Nine Dragons, Tangierine Cafe, Restaurant Marrakesh, Yakitori House, Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki, Refreshment Outpost, Refreshment Port.
-- Toluca Legs Turkey added to the list of participating Disney-MGM Studios restaurants.
-- The following Animal Kingdom locations deleted from the list of participating restaurants: Dino Bites and Petrifries

I read that, too. Makes the dining plan a lot less attractive.

It has been stated a couple of times that the Corondo Springs is an omisiosn and they will be participating. Nit sure how accurate that is though.

I think we will see more changes bewtween now and Jan 2007, maybe more will come back in.

The story that makes the most sense to me now is that the original contracts for the Dining Plan, which started mid-2005, were for 18 months, ending 12/31/2006. So it is now time for all the non-Disney restaurants to renegotiate their participation in the Dining Plan. Until contracts are signed, it wouldn't be appropriate to list the restaurant in the 2007 brochure. Contract negotiations for 2007 and beyond would, most likely, be aimed to be concluded in the November/December timeframe.

disneypharm said:
I don't see Bistro de Paris anywhere in the list! I know it is different than Chef de France.
But has Bistro de paris ever been on the regular ddp??? Not that I've ever seen. :confused3

...However, Bistro de paris is available on the 2006 premium dinining plan (but it's not listed on the 2007 one).

aristocat said:
But has Bistro de paris ever been on the regular ddp??? Not that I've ever seen. :confused3

...However, Bistro de paris is available on the 2006 premium dinining plan (but it's not listed on the 2007 one).

Oops. Sorry! :confused3 I thought it was. Maybe I saw it in the 2005 list!

disneypharm said:
Oops. Sorry! :confused3 I thought it was. Maybe I saw it in the 2005 list!

Nope. It wouldn't have been there either as I saved the brochure Disney gave me when I checked in last September. (I compared it to the 2006 one when I booked this year's trip and found very few changes).

aristocat said:
Nope. It wouldn't have been there either as I saved the brochure Disney gave me when I checked in last September. (I compared it to the 2006 one when I booked this year's trip and found very few changes).
Thanks for the info. Too bad, I wanted to try it with my DDP. I have heard it is really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter